Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for recommendations

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Esherwin View Post
    Yea i thought that might have been the case with the accessories. Was hoping there was a scooter shop that could make/install the accesories and mods I've seen online. Like foot plates, big bore kits, ecus etc. I paid $4500 and with on road cost just below 5k. Compared to scooters of similar ccs it looked to me to be about 1k more expensive. What swayed me is that I can get into the biking world with a 125 cc on my car licence compared to a 50cc and the extra wheel for safety of course once I do a few more kms then I'll go for my motor licence to get the bigger bikes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Cripes, look out guys and girls, "he thought about this"!
    Good on you, watched one of these leave the rest home across the road from me yesterday, they look bloody funny taking off into a corner, rider happy as larry though.
    Having ridden, you will go the way of the Force( bigger bikes) guarantee it.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Yamaha Tricity
    Leave the rest home haha. Yea did a lot of research, reading, youtubing (twist of the wrist etc)and asking a lifetime rider at work for advise. He thinks it looks funny too.. lol

I have been looking at cruisers and sportsbike. Cruisers look nicer to me but sports bikes have better performance.. something to think about once I decide to venture out of the city but for now im still a newbie so dont need the speed. Still enjoying the slower speeds lol.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Yea i thought that might have been the case with the accessories. Was hoping there was a scooter shop that could make/install the accesories and mods I've seen online. Like foot plates, big bore kits, ecus etc. I paid $4500 and with on road cost just below 5k. Compared to scooters of similar ccs it looked to me to be about 1k more expensive. What swayed me is that I can get into the biking world with a 125 cc on my car licence compared to a 50cc and the extra wheel for safety of course once I do a few more kms then I'll go for my motor licence to get the bigger bikes.

This is registered as a car?
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    This is registered as a car?
    See this thread

Bike
    Yamaha Tricity
    Thanks, ill definitely go for the givi rack by the looks of it. The tech top box looks good to. Can even put brake lights on it

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    See this thread
    Yes was just wanting confirmed its got a car plate etc.
    I still wonder about the 2 headlight X distance apart and seatbelt requirements for cars. Also if its a car then how on earth would it pass front impact tests.

Bike
    Yamaha Tricity
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Yes was just wanting confirmed its got a car plate etc.
    I still wonder about the 2 headlight X distance apart and seatbelt requirements for cars. Also if its a car then how on earth would it pass front impact tests.
    Yeah, its really not close to a car. You gotta balance and lean like a . Yamaha did some good lobbying to make it accessible.

Bike
    Yamaha Tricity
    So ordered this Top box and carrier from ebay(Italy) all up $370 buks for the Top Box, carrier and back rest. it would have been even cheaper if the delivery was not 85 Euros!! anyway im saving just over 150 buks compared to buying locally(none available in NZ anyway) so hopefully that will be arriving in less than a month..

On another note, since im a newbie I still go for rides when im free to clock up some KMs and also break in the engine. Anyway it was so cold yesterday on my ride round mission bay that I decided to bend down a little bit so that I had some wind protection. Whoa! what a difference! It was instantly more comfortable and the scooter seemed to accelerate easier.

So couple of questions.

What are you guys experience with windshield? are they good or bad?
    Anyone in Auckland that do custom ones?

The upgrade list keeps growing lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	givi.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	313569  

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    So ordered this Top box and carrier from ebay(Italy) all up $370 buks for the Top Box, carrier and back rest. it would have been even cheaper if the delivery was not 85 Euros!! anyway im saving just over 150 buks compared to buying locally(none available in NZ anyway) so hopefully that will be arriving in less than a month..

On another note, since im a newbie I still go for rides when im free to clock up some KMs and also break in the engine. Anyway it was so cold yesterday on my ride round mission bay that I decided to bend down a little bit so that I had some wind protection. Whoa! what a difference! It was instantly more comfortable and the scooter seemed to accelerate easier.

So couple of questions.

What are you guys experience with windshield? are they good or bad?
    Anyone in Auckland that do custom ones?

The upgrade list keeps growing lol
    Airplex in Otahuhu will make you one, but it'll hurt.
    Go back and see if there is a OEM one yet. Definitely worth having a screen on a machine like this. Good buying on the top box etc, where is it coming from? Not the Sates, pity NZ POst are over there now killing the Yanks huge freight costs back to here, by allowing us to buy at good rates and get it delivered home at reasonable rates.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Yamaha Tricity
    Its coming from italy. So communication was a bit hard with the seller but got there in the end lol.

Oem screens were available but their out of stock from the yshop at the moment. Their also about $400 buks! Was hoping there was a place that does custom ones for 200$ max. Ebay has a few for $140 + postage. So looking at that if i cant find any locally.

Ill check out airplex though. Thanks

Bike
    Yamaha Tricity

Cheers for the recommendation guys This arrived on monday. So just over 2 weeks to arrive from italy. Initially contemplated paying a shop to install it coz I was lazy. But that seemed more trouble than it was actually worth. Took me bout 2 hours to install the rack. Half of that time was probably spent worrying bout drilling into the tail luckily Im not totally unco with tools so got there with no damage.

This is the b37 model. Fits my fullsize helmet, jacket, gloves n lil bits pieces. Fit 2 pizza boxes too overall very happy with the look and size. Only con is the box rattles against the rack over bumps but not a massive issue as long as it doesn't jump off. Next project will be installing rear lights on it

Thread Information