Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyclespot Honda, Wairau Rd, you lost a sale

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Steve View Post
    Like biketimus-prime, I'd have liked an acknowledgement that I exist, a "Hi, give me a wave if you want anything" sort of welcome. At this dealership I felt like putting my arm in front of my face just to see if I could see through it too. Yeah, I don't like being pestered, but I do like to be acknowledged.

I might not have been buying right that moment, in fact I'm waiting for my Aussie superannuation to clear into my account so I won't be buying for a week or 10 days. But when I do buy, I won't be buying from Cyclespot Honda in Barry's Point Rd (Thanks Maha, I'd actually driven down from Wairau Rd).

Now the salesman at Holeshot Suzuki came up to me while I was looking at an M50 and said, "That one had saddlebags and a sissy bar on it, but we've taken them off to put the sissy bar on another bike for a customer but we can bring it up to any spec that interests you at a moments notice. Have a look around and give me a yell if you want anything." I then entered into about a minute or two's conversation, then he left me unmolested to my tyre kicking. From getting just that right balance of welcoming and being left alone, I'll deal with Holeshot Suzuki in future.
    Ive dealt with both those shops and wont go back to either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    But Dave you have no money and everyone knows it...
    Bought a bike next month in that case. Had the money, just needed the right bike. fortunate as it was a 3MA before we knew of their reliability. Got a sweet RZ off a mate instead.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    S1000RR
    I've bought all 3 of my bikes from them, always helpful and easy as hell to deal with.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Hmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmm,

Hard call - they talk to you too much they get slagged on KB ...... not enough, slagged on KB.

Me, I'd go with the best bike for my money. Dealer will follow and work for my dollars.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    I don't need the full sales pitch the second I walk in, but some acknowledgement of my existence is nice, and its helpful to know who to talk to if I do want help with something. Having to go out of your way to make someone talk to you who obviously doesn't want to is not a happy retail experience.

Sadly, I too am made of cellophane when it comes to shopping, so rarely get any acknowledgement at all.

When I was shopping for a pushbike a while back there were 3 staff standing behind the counter having a chat, I did a complete lap of what they had for sale including getting a bike out of the rack for a look, and still no interest in talking to me. I was wondering if for my own amusement I should start wheeling the bike towards the door to see if that would get their attention, but instead put it back and went and spent a couple of grand somewhere else, and gone there for parts & servicing ever since.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    A blue one
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    I want my salespeople to do the smoking gun point and finger blow shouting "I got your back Brother" then offer me coffee.
    And that's why I own a gun shop..

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    And I, an ammunition shop. You have to push the bullets in but it sure gets their attention.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    R nine T
    A whinging aussie, what a surprise

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by biketimus_prime View Post
    you say hi and then ask them to come see you if they have any questions at all.
    That's all it takes.
    This, this, and then more of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    My response is always the same: "I'm a full grown adult, I can ask for help if I need it".
    What, even to someone just saying "Hi, let me know if you need a hand"? Fuck me, dude. The guy walking up to you is, most of the time, answerable to the boss and just trying to make a living. It's rude cunts that make the day crappy. I bet you say the same thing to the chick at BK asking if you want to upsize that combo.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by bmws1r View Post
    A whinging aussie, what a surprise
    Steve is from Tauranga I believe. HTH.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    What, even to someone just saying "Hi, let me know if you need a hand"? Fuck me, dude. The guy walking up to you is, most of the time, answerable to the boss and just trying to make a living. It's rude cunts that make the day crappy. I bet you say the same thing to the chick at BK asking if you want to upsize that combo.
    It is astonishingly rare that a salesperson will just say hi then bugger off. They almost always want to quiz and harass you. I'd really just rather be left alone. Why some people have trouble asking for help, and instead insist on being spoon-fed it, is beyond me.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Hmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmm,

Hard call - they talk to you too much they get slagged on KB ...... not enough, slagged on KB.

Me, I'd go with the best bike for my money. Dealer will follow and work for my dollars.
    For me the sales floor guys were ok. Both times it was the mechanics that were rubbish.

One very publicly said my exhaust was not leaking (warranty job) and would hold his hand over the end of the can and the motor will stop. He did and it didnt.

Three times I think he tried to fix it. I gave up with them and ordered a gasket and fixed it myself.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    It is astonishingly rare that a salesperson will just say hi then bugger off. They almost always want to quiz and harass you. I'd really just rather be left alone. Why some people have trouble asking for help, and instead insist on being spoon-fed it, is beyond me.
    Maybe you should try wearing clothes next time you go in.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    For me the sales floor guys were ok. Both times it was the mechanics that were rubbish.
    I never care about salespeople, any sales drone can take my money and hand me goods.
    The mechanics are the ones I'm fussy about. I have nothing new enough to have a warranty so if I don't like the competency or attitude of a mechanic then it isn't hard to take my bike & money elsewhere for servicing of the bike and depleting of the money.
    At some places they don't seem to understand that the mechanic is in the job of customer service and should act accordingly.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post

It is somewhere between damned if you do and damned if you don't with. I have seen enough of these threads over the last 10 years and all seem to be started out of 'personal expectation' and not so much personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post

One very publicly said my exhaust was not leaking (warranty job) and would hold his hand over the end of the can and the motor will stop. He did and it didnt.
    And these are the sort of ''mechanics'' that they employ at any VTNZ outlet.

Thread Information