Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyclespot Honda, Wairau Rd, you lost a sale

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50

Cyclespot Honda, Wairau Rd, you lost a sale

The other weekend the Wairau Rd motorbike shops seemed to have an extended Saturday afternoon, and Cyclespot Honda had a few used cruisers on display, not only Shadow 750s but a quite a few other makes as well.

Well today I walked into their shop to check out what they actually have, I spent about ten to fifteen minutes looking at a couple of Boulevard C50s, and not one of the sales staff came up and asked if they could help me. I walked right around the bikes displayed inside their showroom, went over and looked at the used GL1800 and GL1500 they have on display, went back to the used cruisers, walked right passed one of their staff sitting at a desk on the sales floor, and no-one came up to me to ask if they could help me.

On the way out I passed the guy on the forecourt polishing bikes. I said to him, "I've been in there looking at bikes and no-one came up and offered me any help. It's no problem though, I'll buy my bike next door", and walked across the forecourt into Holeshot Suzuki. Within a minute one of the Holeshot sales staff came up and asked if they could help me. So, who's got the best chance of selling me a bike, and selling me some accessories, and being the shop where I get my bike serviced?

Tough luck Cyclespot Honda. No, just desserts! You aren't selling motorbikes, you're selling service! I liked a couple of those bikes you have on display. You probably like them too because you didn't do anything to try to sell them to me. F*#king retards!

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    If I'm interested in anything from any shop I walk up to a salesman/staff member and ask for help.

Salesmen get complaints all the time about being too pushy by some people, then other people say they aren't forward enough when they try being no pressure.

They can't win. Make there job easier, it'll make buying a bike easier.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    If I'm interested in anything from any shop I walk up to a salesman/staff member and ask for help.

Salesmen get complaints all the time about being too pushy by some people, then other people say they aren't forward enough when they try being no pressure.

They can't win. Make there job easier, it'll make buying a bike easier.

yeah, why miss out on the bike you want because you never got approached by a salesman.

Makes no sense to me.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    It was on the good
    Horses for courses. If I am having a gander at the bikes I get sick of pushy salesmen coming up to me. I want to be left alone and if I want any information I will go up to someone and ask for it.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Both those bike shops are on Barrys Point Road. It is weird not even getting acknowledged that you're in the shop.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    I get fucking sick of being harassed by sales staff when I walk into a shop (motorcycles, clothing, appliances, ANYTHING these days). My response is always the same: "I'm a full grown adult, I can ask for help if I need it".

Apparently not everyone is a full grown adult. You said you walked right past someone - why didn't you ask for help? Why must they be like your little servant boys?

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Sometimes I do want to be asked. Other times I don't. Perhaps sales people should be given crystal balls?
    I find that if I stare at ta salesperson long enough they'll come over once eye contact is made.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    If you like having attentive sales people I can recommend Kuala Lumpur, where as soon as you walk in the door at least one Sales Person tails you like in a movie.

I like my Sales People to be available but not giving me a the Sales Patter.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Sometimes I do want to be asked. Other times I don't. Perhaps sales people should be given crystal balls?
    I find that if I stare at ta salesperson long enough they'll come over once eye contact is made.
    I am mostly ignored no matter where I am, it has its advantages.....

I am happy sales people don't approach me, if I want info I can ask, or attract attention.

Best way is to at least get eye contact so they know your there. If you want more approach them.

Most of the time I am just tyre kicking or seeing what/how things are modified/changed between makes and models for future reference.

Some places must get a shit load of tyre kickkers usually right on the shoppe closing.

A pushy sales person NEVER gets a sale from me.

The product should sell itself, but the sales person CAN and should show you the points of difference/offer advice NOOBs like me don't know shit.

but you have to ask.

You want pushy sales people go to Bangkok and jump in a Tuttut.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Katana GS650 1983
    i must go to Cyclespot Honda next time up there. Would be great to look around without getting hassled and if I want something I am sure all I would have to do is ask!! I don't find it hard to ask for advice, service etc don't know why some people do???
    YOU ARE A LONG TIME DEAD!! ENJOY LIFE WHILE YOU HAVE IT!!

Bike
    Its a Boat
    A Sales person that knows his/her job should size up a potential customer within moments of that customer entering a shop, that can be done by a simple acknowledgement and a ''Giza yell if need if I can be of help'' that way you assured at least someone knows your there and you are left alone until you are perhaps ready to enter into a conversation about a product.

If I were a Salesman and got a response like "I'm a full grown adult, I can ask for help if I need it". My first thought would be ''what a petulant little wanker'' then go and make a cup of coffee.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    A Sales person that knows his/her job should size up a potential customer within moments of that customer entering a shop, that can be done by a simple acknowledgement and a ''Giza yell if need if I can be of help'' that way you assured at least someone knows your there and you are left alone until you are perhaps ready to enter into a conversation about a product.
    +1 on that. but being Mr Cellophane man they usually cant see me.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    If I were a Salesman and got a response like "I'm a full grown adult, I can ask for help if I need it". My first thought would be ''what a petulant little wanker'' then go and make a cup of coffee.
    Good, that's exactly what I want. Sales people can fuck right off.

Bike
    2013 Super Tenere
    Sales staff should at least acknowledge your in the store and say hello.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I want my salespeople to do the smoking gun point and finger blow shouting "I got your back Brother" then offer me coffee.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Thread Information