Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I bought another bike

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    If only it went for $6

I went for a ride 2 up today... A lot of sag with the missus on the he back. Definitely need to add preload for 2 up, it didn't turn well at all.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    If only it went for $6

I went for a ride 2 up today... A lot of sag with the missus on the he back. Definitely need to add preload for 2 up, it didn't turn well at all.
    Mine was goodish one up after I found it only had 9pounds in tyre and added a further 31 for good measure.
    I was struggling to turn it. Had 19 pounds in the front.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    bandit
    Too good of a deal to pass up, so now I have 2 steeds in the shed, the van is outside...

So what did I buy?

An '08 GSF1250s Bandit

Yup... everyone's buying a bandit. I can see why though, this beast is a tourque monster. I started riding it home down an 80km/h in 3rd gear and it was barely revving.

A bit comfier than the Z1000.

On that note, anyone want to buy a Z1000?
    Yup .. I love mine ... well done you ... and I've been to 200 klicks in fourth and it's not near the red line ..

Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    just be a little cautious in the wet.
    Yes - this .. the torque will spin up the back wheel in the wet very easily ..

And its wearing Diablo Corsa tires (not exactly what you'd picture on a Bandit right?). I just took it easy, rode the torque wave everywhere.
    I ran Diablos on my 650 Bandit - hated them ... Pilot Roads seem to suit the 1250 best (for me at least) ... I currently run PR4s .. and they give me huge confidence in the wet ... I wrnt roudn the outside of a car on a wet road ... looked down, 140 something klicks on the clock ... oops ..

Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    They are not that bad. And sound good up by the limiter. Remove the secondrys, open the air box and get a pipe hello 140hp.......

My 1200 came with Conti race softs. She tipped in well.
    Yeah I had Contis on the 1250 for a while - it turned in much quicker than I was used to . I went back to PRs (still run contis on the 650 tho')
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    bandit
    Mines got pogo stick suspension that needs sorted.
    The can be like that - I changed both front and rear suspension, then went back to the standard setting on the rear - (every bump I felt through my spine) .. just tightening up the front was enough of a change on mine ..

I suggest you change the front setting first - and then the rear if that doesn't qwuite suit.

I'm looking at putting an Ohlins rear shock on mine ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    bandit
    Too good of a deal to pass up, so now I have 2 steeds in the shed, the van is outside...

So what did I buy?

An '08 GSF1250s Bandit

Yup... everyone's buying a bandit. I can see why though, this beast is a tourque monster. I started riding it home down an 80km/h in 3rd gear and it was barely revving.

A bit comfier than the Z1000.

On that note, anyone want to buy a Z1000?
    I had a look at the pic ...

Change the can - it weighs 6.5 kilogrammes and adds it to ONE side of the bike ... that's a lot on one side only - and a better can will add horses ... the standard pipe is quite restricted.

I've also added braided lines to mine - made a huge difference to the brakes, put on a radiator cover ( I worry about small stones damaging it ...)

I source a lot of after-market parts from these people - excellent service pricing good (even with the post and package costs ..

http://www.justbandits.com/

Bike
    bandit
    Mine was goodish one up after I found it only had 9pounds in tyre and added a further 31 for good measure.
    I was struggling to turn it. Had 19 pounds in the front.
    Yes .. that would do it .. they are quite sensitive to having the correct tyre pressures. I can tell when mine are 5psi out ..

Bike
    Kawa ZX1400
    Sounds like i am heating sealant.
    Bet you didn't have that issue with the 14! Aren't you missing the old girl?

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iaingsx1300r View Post
    Bet you didn't have that issue with the 14! Aren't you missing the old girl?
    A little but I got my new MV to play with.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    The can be like that - I changed both front and rear suspension, then went back to the standard setting on the rear - (every bump I felt through my spine) .. just tightening up the front was enough of a change on mine ..
    Likely most time spent with wifey on back and or luggage. Its got 30mm approx static sag with just me. Original unserviceable 82km shock that isn't in good nick. The other option is a B-King shock which is adjustable and 321mm eye/eye only 1mm longer than bandit. I need try it 2 up and see how bad this stock shock would be.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR

I suggest you change the front setting first - and then the rear if that doesn't qwuite suit.

I'm looking at putting an Ohlins rear shock on mine ..
    Mossy has the 1200, so different frame etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    [QUOTE=mossy1200;1130884610]

QUOTE]

Likely most time spent with wifey on back and or luggage. Its got 30mm approx static sag with just me. Original unserviceable 82km shock that isn't in good nick. The other option is a B-King shock which is adjustable and 321mm eye/eye only 1mm longer than bandit. I need try it 2 up and see how bad this stock shock would be.
    With the stock shock on my missus asked me at the end of our first proper ride what the noise was everytime we went around a corner.

I showed her what was happening to the pegs. To me a bike that scrapes that easily is dangerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    To me a bike that scrapes that easily is dangerous.
    Told you the bike reminded me of a blackbird. That scraped fairings, pegs, centre stand and exhaust if you hit a hollow mid corner two up.
    I think my shock would reach hardtail status loaded two up with luggage. I would have to use swingarm flex as suspension.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Perhaps you are already sorted but I have a 1250FA shock with about 16k on it if you are interested. I am 110kgs mrs UK is 70. It is clearly not a top end shock but we didn't die. The FA suspenders are supposed to be a step up from the GSF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    Perhaps you are already sorted but I have a 1250FA shock with about 16k on it if you are interested. I am 110kgs mrs UK is 70. It is clearly not a top end shock but we didn't die. The FA suspenders are supposed to be a step up from the GSF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I put a gsxr1000 shock into mine thanks.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    I put a gsxr1000 shock into mine thanks.
    no worries.

presumably it makes a tad of difference?

I splashed a bit and put a Nitron on mine, built for me. Hence having the original sitting in the garage. I am not a speedster but I have a lot more confidence in the bike and tyre wear has changed dramatically.

I do wonder why these options are not available from the factory. I would pay for that before colour coded luggage.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Thread Information