Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I bought another bike

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    Perhaps you are already sorted but I have a 1250FA shock with about 16k on it if you are interested. I am 110kgs mrs UK is 70. It is clearly not a top end shock but we didn't die. The FA suspenders are supposed to be a step up from the GSF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm definitely looking at other shock options right now. The standard one is a PITA to try adjust, and has a minimal amount of adjustment.

If the FA shock is better and obviously much lower mileage, I'll defo buy it off you. I can't afford a new shock at the moment, so second hand is ideal.

I want to rebuild the front with progressive forks.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    I'm definitely looking at other shock options right now. The standard one is a PITA to try adjust, and has a minimal amount of adjustment.

If the FA shock is better and obviously much lower mileage, I'll defo buy it off you. I can't afford a new shock at the moment, so second hand is ideal.

GSXR1000 is good option. 4 times 2mm thick 13mm hole spacers required for dog bones to clear spring and some battery box removal required. Cost me $75 for the shock.

Busa shock is another option. There was a 2014 busa shock for $200 on tardme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150730_182151.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	284.2 KB 
ID:	314314   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150730_200930.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	246.6 KB 
ID:	314315  
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    GSXR1000 is good option. 4 times 2mm thick 13mm hole spacers required for dog bones to clear spring and some battery box removal required.

Busa shock is another option. There was a 2014 busa shock for $200 on tardme.
    Will they fit the K8 ABS 1250s though?

Bike
    R1200GSA

sure

please remember I said "supposed to be better" that is the official Suzuki line. I am not qualified to endorse or deny. For sure lower mileage and 90% of that was just me and my top box rather than fully loaded with the boss on the back seat.
    There is preload and rebound adjustment. The preload is via a C spanner locking into the adjustment collar. Six (or seven?) positions. Not as easy as a remote, but doable. Rebound is via a non-clicking adjuster at the bottom, thats the bit you would probably piss around with a bit and is easy.

I had thought $100 delivered would be a fair price. I could be wrong. PM if you want more details, photos, anything like that.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Will they fit the K8 ABS 1250s though?
    Not sure. Needs a good searching the google im thinking.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Not sure. Needs a good searching the google im thinking.
    I think there is trouble fitting different shocks to the ABS bikes. Remember reading you cant fit a Busa shock to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    I think there is trouble fitting different shocks to the ABS bikes. Remember reading you cant fit a Busa shock to them.
    The problem is the ABS bikes have a big black box hanging down below the battery. It hasn't got a lot of clearance between itself and the top of the shock. A lot of shocks have the reservoir where the black box would get in the way.

Sent from my HTC Desire 310 using Tapatalk

Thread Information