Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Go Pro Hero 4 or Session

Bike
    2008 Suzuki M50
    Rode with a couple of mates round the Hunuas' today, was able to film the ride with the battery bacpac installed no worries with room to spare. Will have a trawl through the footage see if there's anything worth keeping. Very happy with it though. Got home and decided I didn't want to hang the riding boots up quite yet, so spun the camera around and took the niece for her first ride. Might make her a biker out of her one day Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G0111996.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	610.0 KB 
ID:	313963

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    which resolution size are you recording in?
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    2008 Suzuki M50
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    which resolution size are you recording in?
    1080p, but had video+photo enabled, so this is just a still image.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    I will upgrade sometime to the silver 4. Better low light capability, and more options for faster fps rates would be nice. The Hero3 white is fairly limited in those areas. 1080 at higher fps would not playback so well on my existing laptop, but I would love to have a smoother slo-mo playback than the 720 x 50 setting.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    I will upgrade sometime to the silver 4. Better low light capability, and more options for faster fps rates would be nice. The Hero3 white is fairly limited in those areas. 1080 at higher fps would not playback so well on my existing laptop, but I would love to have a smoother slo-mo playback than the 720 x 50 setting.
    The problem might be in what you edited it/rendered it with afterwards. Eg today I shot at 30fps then while editing noticed photoshop was defaulted to 25fps on editing window (I could change it just couldn't be arsed), little things like that can cause problems in final vid.

Well I dipped a toe into the gopro world today with the Session. Given it quick test on the mtb and it coped well in low light and severe vibration on forest trails.
    The one touch recording is not quite idiot proof, I did flaff about a bit but then I hadn't fully read the instructions... lol
    Only thing I don't like is there is very little space to drill holes in the proprietory mounting system for custom installations and mounting in odd spots. But I do like the form factor.
    Will suss things out bit more then get it mounted on the dR in some interesting places and blat up to the hotpools for offroad ride....
    Sound recorded was ok given wind noise, mic must be in good spot or have decent noise cancelling algorythims.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Looks like some good advice on the Hero 4 video formats here.

http://abekislevitz.com/understandin...-in-the-hero4/

Probably the best site I have visited concerning 'knowing your gopro'.

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymotor View Post
    Rode with a couple of mates round the Hunuas' today, was able to film the ride with the battery bacpac installed no worries with room to spare. Will have a trawl through the footage see if there's anything worth keeping. Very happy with it though. Got home and decided I didn't want to hang the riding boots up quite yet, so spun the camera around and took the niece for her first ride. Might make her a biker out of her one day Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G0111996.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	610.0 KB 
ID:	313963
    Was a good ride, especially since the weather was good, and you got some good quality photos with your Go Pro. You've inspired me further towards getting a video camera myself. Maybe I'll get one for summer.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    couldn't it be fixed with just a fixed focal point? that look in videos from velocity change is the reason I havent bought one of these things yet @_O do they have a setting to stop the auto focus?

Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Its a technical issue known as rolling shutter and will always be present on low end (compared to DSLR or better) devices, especially with the wide angle type lens these small cameras have.

Bike
    2008 Suzuki M50
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
    Was a good ride, especially since the weather was good, and you got some good quality photos with your Go Pro. You've inspired me further towards getting a video camera myself. Maybe I'll get one for summer.
    I think Heath sounded like he wanted one too Yeh i'm wrapped with the quality of the photos. Looking through the videos, there is some rolling shutter like the video posted up before. Will have a play around with the settings next time around, see if it improves. We got some nice views from the plateau heading down to Kaiaua that were picked up in vids. Might try knock something together when I've got the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    couldn't it be fixed with just a fixed focal point? that look in videos from velocity change is the reason I havent bought one of these things yet @_O do they have a setting to stop the auto focus?
    It is a fixed focal lens afaik.

Bike
    2008 Suzuki M50
    Better late than never. Did a ride out to Muriwai via an access road so had my 1st tutu editing with that. Then this evening i went back and edited some footage of the hunuas. So got a mix of sand and seal, to cater to all lol unless you hate metal/rock music

Editing maybe still a bit rough, but I've spent some time on it so i'm happy, but i'm by no means accomplished hahaha.

Muriwai:

Castle to Kaiaua:

Last edited by Toymotor; 19th August 2015 at 23:55. Reason: Embeding Video

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Nice vids!

I forgot about that stupid bitch trying to get a Darwin award, shaking my head at her as I slowed down as much as I could, and riding the white line.

Letterbox positioning failure.

Bike
    2008 Suzuki M50
    Cheers. Haha yeh, i moved to the left as soon as i spotted the car, then to the right once i realized it was someone with a death wish. I guess she never got over playing chicken as a child?

Thread Information