Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook and Twitter

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2

Facebook and Twitter

Sounds like everyone is on-line these days and doing the SM thing. Good for them and you, if it applies ..

I've made the conscious decision to stay away from Facebook and the Twitter thing for common sense reasons.

How does it work having these 'friends' on-line ?

Still good mates and 'catch up for a beer sometime' people or, am I missing something.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Love facebook, less whingers and crybabys over there.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    As far as I'm concerned, "twitter' is what the birds do outside my window on a nice spring morning.
    'Facebook' ... well I have a small presence, have about 10 friends (mostly old work colleagues ... no family) and use it rarely as a social thing. I only got in to it to contact some old work colleagues to get professional advice on different things and so I could 'facebook stalk' job applicants where I work as part of due dilligence. Suprising what people put about themselves.
    In some ways it would be nice to contact some old school mates through it but I've seen Mrs Oakie's family have facebook arguments so ...
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    I kinda like twitter as it's a few words (140 chars) and a link to whatever you choose to follow.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Never touched twitter, don't need it.

Facebook is useful for connecting to people you don't see day to day, as I have several friends around the world (even around NZ) I wouldn't even see annually. Also multi-people chats, say, for a day of mountain biking...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Twitter is a waste of time, have a placeholder account there but don't really use it.
    Facebook is quite good, basically treat it as a customizeable news feed and to keep in touch with people.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    As Oakie says, a small group of friends, unfortunately, also screeds of faces/entries of people I dont know and don't have any wish to know, plus notices from groups that I do not belong to. I have no interest in 'friends of friends' or people I 'might want to meet'. Hence, I rarely use my page. Never been to the twitter site.

I am not a social animal, probably why I love my bike riding so much, , just me and the bike in my world.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Love facebook, less whingers and crybabys over there.
    No they are there, they just don't whinge and cry like they do on here. Well, they can't really can they? there is the real fear that they'll be unfriended by someone they don't actually know.

FB: Where you can only like, Where having an opposing opinion on a subject is frowned upon, Where twats would get slayed if they start up with conspiracy bullshit, Where people invite you to take part in any number of ridiculous polls/games etc.

ie: 'What Muscle car are you'?

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Arsebook and Twatter? Never go near either.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    How does it work having these 'friends' on-line ?
    i, as you, have shunned social media, since the beginning, like, since before it was 'cool' to do so.
    In part this is because it's all jew shit (refer http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ons-news-feeds , or more generally http://www.facebookcensorship.com/ and more generally, jewgle.) to mention the meta-data, actual data and general human-farming nature of it.
    but a larger part is because nothing important ever has, or will, come of it. it's a social cop-out, "save the whales" - "like", "down with sweat shops" - "like", "i honk for abortion" - "like", while sipping your fucking venti mocha frappe. wo betide ye should you actually have to march with banners or set fire to things.

it's a platform for wannabes, where the self presented is mostly far removed from the self presenting it. it's dishonest (no more dishonest than having a shower and putting on your cleanest jeans to go to the pub to meet bitches, but IRL, people can detect that shit) ocean had a link onetime about rainbow unicorns and shit (insert here -----> )
    it creates a falseness which creates an expectation which creates peer pressure to conform to a non-existant awesomeness, that is, not actual awesomeness like going the fuck outside to play, but just the projected persona of yourself you're going to create by what you click "like" on.

and this ties into cunts taking cameras everywhere. nobody, but NOBODY gives a flying fuck what your meal looks like.
    this is a waste of time, space and mental capacity(?) which could(?) be better put to use saving the mothercunting whales. the sheer amount of energy (human, electrical etc) that goes into the irrelevant nothingness that is posted and blasted around the world is astounding.

this is an age where we can communicate instantly with anyone anywhere, the age of FREEdom of information, ideas, etc and that capacity is largely wasted. people aren't actually connected or connecting to each other anymore, they don't talk to other people, they talk at "the internets"

this is not fucking normal.

and don't even fucking start me on selfies. but photos in general even. that every cunt has a camera in their pocket has ruined photography proper. people have devolved into morons, they don't want to know shit, they want to adsorb the gist of your shit, click "like", type "LOL" and then forget about you while they browse gifs of puppies. god fucking forbid you'd have to read some shit that someone wrote about what they were up to that was longer than a some arse-nugget txt message.

i'm not a fan of it, i guess, would be the cut and thrust of this post...

am I missing something.
    i don't see what that has to do with this thread

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Facebook has gone to shit with all the wall posts being clickbait. It used to be pretty good for social networking.

Twitter seems more commercial, not as much talking with people and more talking at them.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Farcebook I use to keep in touch with a couple of people overseas, and as a means of organising rides/walks/catch ups with people who are actually friends in real life without disrupting their day with calling or texting, and can include/inform several people at once in a discussion.

Games invitations etc can bugger off, I don't have that much time to sit around on my arse.

One thing that pisses me off is that some people seem to think that creating an event on facebook is job done for inviting people to an event, firstly it assumes you are actually looking at farcebook often enough to see it, and you actually know how to work it enough to notice it/find it/remember it. Funniest occurance of this was a phone call asking if I was coming to a wedding as I hadn't responded, when I replied that I knew nothing about it, the answer was that it was on farcebook so I should.

Twitter, I don't see the point at all.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    A
    For me Facebook is mildly interesting, use it to keep in touch with a select group of family and friends, maybe play a game or two. Beyond that, it's mostly a waste of time.

Twitter/snapchat/instagram or whatever the latest fad is called...not interested. Not like I'm out to create or maintain a fan base like some celeb

I'm with the OP in that nothing beats a real-time chinwag with actual family/friends. But that may be to do with my age, and my (shock horror!) ability to switch off my phone without feeling "out of touch" with the world.

Bike
    bandit
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    i, as you, have shunned social media, since the beginning, like, since before it was 'cool' to do so.
    In part this is because it's all jew shit (refer http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ons-news-feeds , or more generally http://www.facebookcensorship.com/ and more generally, jewgle.) to mention the meta-data, actual data and general human-farming nature of it.
    but a larger part is because nothing important ever has, or will, come of it. it's a social cop-out, "save the whales" - "like", "down with sweat shops" - "like", "i honk for abortion" - "like", while sipping your fucking venti mocha frappe. wo betide ye should you actually have to march with banners or set fire to things.

it's a platform for wannabes, where the self presented is mostly far removed from the self presenting it. it's dishonest (no more dishonest than having a shower and putting on your cleanest jeans to go to the pub to meet bitches, but IRL, people can detect that shit) ocean had a link onetime about rainbow unicorns and shit (insert here -----> )
    it creates a falseness which creates an expectation which creates peer pressure to conform to a non-existant awesomeness, that is, not actual awesomeness like going the fuck outside to play, but just the projected persona of yourself you're going to create by what you click "like" on.

and this ties into cunts taking cameras everywhere. nobody, but NOBODY gives a flying fuck what your meal looks like.
    this is a waste of time, space and mental capacity(?) which could(?) be better put to use saving the mothercunting whales. the sheer amount of energy (human, electrical etc) that goes into the irrelevant nothingness that is posted and blasted around the world is astounding.

this is an age where we can communicate instantly with anyone anywhere, the age of FREEdom of information, ideas, etc and that capacity is largely wasted. people aren't actually connected or connecting to each other anymore, they don't talk to other people, they talk at "the internets"

this is not fucking normal.

and don't even fucking start me on selfies. but photos in general even. that every cunt has a camera in their pocket has ruined photography proper. people have devolved into morons, they don't want to know shit, they want to adsorb the gist of your shit, click "like", type "LOL" and then forget about you while they browse gifs of puppies. god fucking forbid you'd have to read some shit that someone wrote about what they were up to that was longer than a some arse-nugget txt message.

i'm not a fan of it, i guess, would be the cut and thrust of this post...
    Cannot spread yadda yadda...
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Thread Information