Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WRR recall?

Bike
    KTM 690 Enduro

WRR recall?

THE RECALL: Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA (Yamaha) is recalling certain model year WR250X motorcycles manufactured from June 1, 2008, to June 1, 2011, and WR250R motorcycles manufactured from June 1, 2008, to June 1, 2015. In the affected motorcycles, the insulation on the stator coil, a component of the alternator, may become damaged and short circuit to due insufficient heat resistance.
    WHAT COULD HAPPEN: If the stator coil is not insulated, the motorcyle will not charge and the battery will go dead, causing the engine to stall which increases the risk of a crash.
    THE FIX: Yamaha will notify owners, and dealers will replace the stator coil with one that has sufficient heat resistance, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in July 2015. Owners may contact Yamaha customer service at 1-800-962-7926.

Any news locally? Different models in U.S. market?

Calling Transalper

Ken

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I would say yes it applys here.
    My stator has already failed once in that way, I have since installed a volt meter but seeing the recall I am afraid the replacement I received last year is probably the same again so I will be getting in touch with Yamaha again and asking questions.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    KTM 690 Enduro

WRR recall

Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    I would say yes it applys here.
    My stator has already failed once in that way, I have since installed a volt meter but seeing the recall I am afraid the replacement I received last year is probably the same again so I will be getting in touch with Yamaha again and asking questions.

Thanks Carl,

Would you please post up after you've spoken to Yamaha, or PM me

Ken

Bike
    2011 EXCf400
    The recall applies to all WR250R`s sold in NZ. Give your local Yamaha dealer a call to let them know you have a WRR that needs a replacement stator. The stator takes a week or so to come from Australia. Have your VIN number handy when calling. Mine is being replaced tomorrow.

Bike
    KTM 690 Enduro
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    The recall applies to all WR250R`s sold in NZ. Give your local Yamaha dealer a call to let them know you have a WRR that needs a replacement stator. The stator takes a week or so to come from Australia. Have your VIN number handy when calling. Mine is being replaced tomorrow.

thanks Mike

Bike
    2009 WR250R

Thumbs up

Thanks for the information. Will be chasing this up tomorrow.

Bike
    WR250R
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    Good to know, thanks
    The road to hell is paved...

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    So I heard back from my Yamaha man today, the replacement one that went in my WR last year when the original failed is another old one so my bike will be back again for it's 3rd stator.... when stock arrives... with no known E.T.A as they are all gone.

Hopefully it doesn't cook again too soon, it is high temperature running like muddy, boggy, trailrides that I think did it to mine, yet at no time have I ever had the temperature warning light come on (other than the ignition boot up sequence)

There's a couple of trailrides I usually make a point of attending coming up in a few weeks too.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    So I heard back from my Yamaha man today, the replacement one that went in my WR last year when the original failed is another old one so my bike will be back again for it's 3rd stator.... when stock arrives... with no known E.T.A as they are all gone.

Hopefully it doesn't cook again too soon, it is high temperature running like muddy, boggy, trailrides that I think did it to mine, yet at no time have I ever had the temperature warning light come on (other than the ignition boot up sequence)

There's a couple of trailrides I usually make a point of attending coming up in a few weeks too.
    Out of interest, do you get reimbursed for the first replacement?

Bike
    KTM 690 Enduro

Cheers

I better get in line then

Ken

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Out of interest, do you get reimbursed for the first replacement?
    You'd expect so wouldn't you, to be discussed further.

Bike
    You'd expect so wouldn't you, to be discussed further.
    I'd expect to be shafted, but I'd cross my fingers anyway haha. Keep us posted :-)

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Mine falls under the recall banner too, same result as TA-stators out of stock, both here and Aussie. Standing by......

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    I'd expect to be shafted, but I'd cross my fingers anyway haha. Keep us posted :-)
    Not too concerned really, it was out of warranty when it happened and they went halfs with me then, they paid for the stator and I paid the Labour plus a few miscellaneous parts so they were being good about it then and now I'll just be happy to have a good one in it so it doesn't happen again, let it go and move on so to speak.

Bike
    Not too concerned really, it was out of warranty when it happened and they went halfs with me then.
    Noice! Good when you find service like that. It would be nice if nothing ever went wrong, but when it does how it is handled makes all the difference.

Thread Information