Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24k service due?

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2

24k service due?

Wondering what the going rate would be for a 24k service on my Gen 2 'Busa?

I know it's a relatively extensive and expensive one, be good to hear any feedback/suggestions. I'm about 500k's from the big '24'

I'm in Christchurch, only one Suzuki dealer down here or, could a general qualified Motorcycle service set-up do the same job for less money ? Looking at my options ...

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post

I know it's a relatively extensive and expensive one, be good to hear any feedback/suggestions. I'm about 500k's from the big '24'

I'm in Christchurch, only one Suzuki dealer down here or, could a general qualified Motorcycle service set-up do the same job for less money ? Looking at my options ...
    Prob better to ring the various shops down there and ask them.

Bike
    2013 Hayabusa
    I had mine done by Coleman's a couple of weeks ago at $650.00 from memory, This is also what I was told be when I called and booked it in.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Ill be following this as ive just realised mines a tad overdue...a fellow busa rider took his to duanes when his was due a couple of years back and was very happy with his work, duane suggested to him to remove fairings where poss to save same bucks also.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Plus one for Duane......or get a manual and do it yourself!

Bike
    S1000RR

If you take it to Avon city, my guess is $1000... minimum...!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I tend to do the replace bike before 3rd service. I would say your service will be cheaper.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    My 48k service was about a grand, probably including a wof and tyre.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    My 48k service was about a grand, probably including a wof and tyre.
    Bout the same for my 42 K service (new front tyre)
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    The main component is a valve clearance check and adjustment. Never took my bike for it. Its now at 56k and there still isn't even the slightest tick from the head area and can't say I have ever noticed a difference in performance.
    Up to the owner. Regular fluid changes will keep it running mint. These bikes have alot of cunt bolts on them that standard socket sets and tools will have difficulty with, which is probably a effort to force you to go to a dealer. You need something like 24mm hex key just to get the front wheel off (Or weld a couple of nuts together and put it in a socket)

Best thing I ever did to mine was fork oil (Reset forks to factory), steering bearing, brakefluid and pads. Felt like a new bike.

Hopefully have my engine apart soon and can tell you how far those clearances are out.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Bout the same for my 42 K service (new front tyre)
    The 48k is like the 24k in that it has a valve clearance check. That adds a decent chunk of labour.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reibz View Post
    The main component is a valve clearance check and adjustment. Never took my bike for it. Its now at 56k and there still isn't even the slightest tick from the head area and can't say I have ever noticed a difference in performance.
    Up to the owner. Regular fluid changes will keep it running mint. These bikes have alot of cunt bolts on them that standard socket sets and tools will have difficulty with, which is probably a effort to force you to go to a dealer. You need something like 24mm hex key just to get the front wheel off (Or weld a couple of nuts together and put it in a socket)

Best thing I ever did to mine was fork oil (Reset forks to factory), steering bearing, brakefluid and pads. Felt like a new bike.

Hopefully have my engine apart soon and can tell you how far those clearances are out.
    Yeah once you've pulled your motor down I'd be curious to hear how tight those valve clearances have become...for you do know that valve clearances get smaller with mileage huh? So you won't get a tick tick sound, just a burnt valve.

And all bikes have some specific tool requirements, meh I just got me a big arse allen socket to remove front axle and the 36 mm socket for the rear axle. Even splashed out for a proper 6 sided socket for the sump plug, best $12 spent in my book.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Yeah once you've pulled your motor down I'd be curious to hear how tight those valve clearances have become...for you do know that valve clearances get smaller with mileage huh? So you won't get a tick tick sound, just a burnt valve.

And all bikes have some specific tool requirements, meh I just got me a big arse allen socket to remove front axle and the 36 mm socket for the rear axle. Even splashed out for a proper 6 sided socket for the sump plug, best $12 spent in my book.
    Agreed, its not like the old days where cams/rockers/followers would wear out and you would need to tighten things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    The 48k is like the 24k in that it has a valve clearance check. That adds a decent chunk of labour.
    Yep - not looking forward to that when it comes up in about 2 months :S
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    2015 GSX1300R Hayabusa
    I need to do a full A service on my Gixxer 1000 (K4).

She has just rolled past 40'000km but with no service history, I'm keen to do the 48'000km now.

Red baron - $620 + up to $200 materials
    Colemans - $611 +/- $50
    Holeshot - about $650
    Motorcycle doctors - $515 all in
    AMS - about $650

So, are Red Baron awesome or just overpriced.
    Are Motorcycle Doctors fantastically competitive or do you get what you paid for?

Any advice, recommendations, etc. blah blah blah....

Thread Information