Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 24k service due?

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    you won't get a tick tick sound, just a burnt valve.
    Can't say I would ever be worried about that. My bike spends fuck all time above 6k rpm, only time I have ever really given it a good thrashing is at the strip and a couple of trips on some undisclosed roads in the Waikato Area.

My 250 rev'd to like 19k and I thrashed it like a thai hooker. Clearances got checked twice in my ownership and were out both times. Can't say I thrash my busa anywhere near as much, road runs out to quickly...

Bike
    R1200GSA
    I realise the OP is asking about a Busa, if length of time/labour is anything to do with fairings and number of cylinders to consider I just paid a bit over $1000 for a 24k service on my '14 1250FA. That did include a new set of Angel GTs mind you so probably the $600ish mark is about right for the service.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reibz View Post
    Can't say I would ever be worried about that. My bike spends fuck all time above 6k rpm, only time I have ever really given it a good thrashing is at the strip and a couple of trips on some undisclosed roads in the Waikato Area.

My 250 rev'd to like 19k and I thrashed it like a thai hooker. Clearances got checked twice in my ownership and were out both times. Can't say I thrash my busa anywhere near as much, road runs out to quickly...
    Won't matter much how you ride, the clearances shrink with mileage/running hours. Leave it long enough and a valve held partly open will burn

In the meantime a Busa is much more fun than any 250 that I remember

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reibz View Post
    Can't say I would ever be worried about that. My bike spends fuck all time above 6k rpm, .
    It's the valve spring pulling the valve into it's seat on the head that takes up the clearance. Do them.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    I realise the OP is asking about a Busa, if length of time/labour is anything to do with fairings and number of cylinders to consider I just paid a bit over $1000 for a 24k service on my '14 1250FA. That did include a new set of Angel GTs mind you so probably the $600ish mark is about right for the service.
    Should have got a 1200, hour job and no pulling cams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    It's the valve spring pulling the valve into it's seat on the head that takes up the clearance. Do them.
    Cheers Pete, a little bit of actual mechanical knowledge goes a fair way I've always found.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyk5614 View Post
    I need to do a full A service on my Gixxer 1000 (K4).

She has just rolled past 40'000km but with no service history, I'm keen to do the 48'000km now.

Red baron - $620 + up to $200 materials
    Colemans - $611 +/- $50
    Holeshot - about $650
    Motorcycle doctors - $515 all in
    AMS - about $650

So, are Red Baron awesome or just overpriced.
    Are Motorcycle Doctors fantastically competitive or do you get what you paid for?

Any advice, recommendations, etc. blah blah blah....

I used George from MD - did a great job on my old Hornet - I suspect not having to pay for premises allows him to be a little more competitive
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
    When my FZ1 had its scheduled valve clearance check at 40k, the guy at Coleman's proudly told me how Busa's got checked at shorter intervals, but hardly ever needed any adjustment.

If it was me, I'd still get it done though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Just had the 1250 Bandits valve clearances checked for 1st time at 58000km, no adjustment required.
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Got mine back from Duanes today $562 - labour,shims,plugs,rad flush and new coolant,balance TBs.
    Most of the inlet valves on the lower end of tolerance so they got adjusted, now to refit those pita fairings

Thread Information