Thread: Help me determine my front disc please

Bike
    2003 CBR 954

Support Help me determine my front disc please

Hey guys.

I need some help here, I bought a CBR954 last year when I bought it at the time I completely missed the fact that the front end was not standard (too excited to own my first CBR i guess) the guy didn't tell me anything either, considering hes a mechanic at Iveco in wiri i felt a bit shafted, but he might not have known either and its my fault too.

In any case the front end looks like a 2004 CBR600, i'll post some photos once I upload them. The front disc have warpped and I need to replace them, but I'm struggling to find the correct replacement as its taking some time going through each model

At the moment, these are the dimensions I have, I haven't taken it out yet to get the offset.

Outer Diameter : 295mm
    Inner Diameter : 90mm (or close to that, measurement was taken with disc still mounted)
    Bolt PCD : 110mm

If anyone knows what is it, or could help point me towards what it could be, I would be in your debt.

Just to add, I've had a look at some of the CBR600 f3/f4 and they don't seem to match..

Thank you in advice guys

Regards,
    Dev

Bike
    a red heap
    http://metalgear.com.au/mgear-brake-...e-p-11005.html

that's the size for a 2001 -2007 cbr600 f

Bike
    2003 CBR 954
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    http://metalgear.com.au/mgear-brake-...e-p-11005.html

that's the size for a 2001 -2007 cbr600 f
    Mate, Legend. Thanks a bunch I'll check the offset when I get home but I am confident thats it.

Thanks again man.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    D

Have a good look at where the pads were sitting on the smaller diameter disc in case the 290 was incorrectly chosen last time.

954 and 600f seem to have the same carrier pattern so it may have been a dodgy disc bolt on job previously. Could be a complete 600 front end installed though if the pads sit on the disc correctly. Most pads sit about 2mm below the outer disc edge.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Thread Information