Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Seniors Parking

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Can't say I've noticed many of those restrictions simply because I don't meet any of the requirements. If I'm in the van I'm lucky to get that close to many stores because of friggen height restrictions. Seriously, why have so many decided 2.0-2.2m is where they can cap it? Even drivethroughs are an issue (although I don't eat that food much).

Yes, normal parks are too narrow, and the rows too close together, although I have to laugh when I see drivers leaving 1-2m behind them, and then 20 turns to get out of the park

There are some parks at the bottom of Parnell, the white lines are only a few mm outside my wheel track. You watch people park, then they can't get out of their vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Well today I did a check of the car parks as I arrived at the supermarket. No seniors parks, but most of the front is taken with restricted parking evenly divided between disabled and expectant mothers. There was one car in the expectant mums area as I checked and it contained two old guys who looked about 90. No cars in the disabled parking.

As I left the disabled area was full but all of the cars seemed to be displaying a card. The expectant mums had also pretty much filled up but whether appropriately or not would be difficult to tell.

Meantime I'll continue to park in the wide open spaces hopefully to minimise dings from inattentive fuckwits and their spawn.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information