Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dickheads on group rides

Bike
    Yeah Baby!

Dickheads on group rides

Why is there always one?

Twice now I have been abused by some dickhead that thought that they owned the road just because I deigned to split up their group overtaking on a passing lane in my car. Guess what dickhead, you are sharing the road, and riding in a group of 10 bikes at 80-90 kph on the open road does not mean you own it.
    Some things are worth dying for, living is one of them.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    There is a certain amount of arrogance shown by a lot of road users from time to time, not just bikes. If you got the finger/s for using the road as you should, then that reaction is simply laughable.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatjim View Post
    Why is there always one?

Twice now I have been abused by some dickhead that thought that they owned the road just because I deigned to split up their group overtaking on a passing lane in my car. Guess what dickhead, you are sharing the road, and riding in a group of 10 bikes at 80-90 kph on the open road does not mean you own it.
    In B4 Cassina
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Why is there always one?
    Only one? As soon as some people get in a group they set their brains to "Park". They can be tough as Hell though 'cause there's ten of them and one of you.

Reminds me of the Black Power gang who were very interested in a Land Rover parked in a remote rest area late at night, until shotgun barrels slid out the window.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    a red heap
    You should have just run them over.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    I find riding by myself reduces the dickheads to 1.

I only go on group rides with riders I know these days, one KB group ride about 5 years ago was enough...seeing broken bits of boat/trailer

and Guzzi's all over the road on the Coro loop where the Guzzi had no WOF and the rider was on a restricted, fortunately the driver of the 4x4

with the boat saw him lying on the road in time and avoided him...at the cost of his boat going in the harbour and hitting another rider who

had stopped to help breaking his arm.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I find riding by myself reduces the dickheads to 1.

I only go on group rides with riders I know these days, one KB group ride about 5 years ago was enough...seeing broken bits of boat/trailer

and Guzzi's all over the road on the Coro loop where the Guzzi had no WOF and the rider was on a restricted, fortunately the driver of the 4x4

with the boat saw him lying on the road in time and avoided him...at the cost of his boat going in the harbour and hitting another rider who

had stopped to help breaking his arm.
    Another rider stopped to help break another riders arm???

Bike
    Repsol something or other
    Biggest issue I see with group rides, apart from group mentality, is everyone playing following the leader, instead of reading the road ahead of them.

Went for a ride last summer with a few mates, and a mate on an older Ducati lost a front caliper bolt.
    Luckily he managed to stop it safely, but the ride home with no front brakes was interesting.

Bike

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by baffa View Post
    Luckily he managed to stop it safely, but the ride home with no front brakes was interesting.
    Any Harley rider could show you how.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    pfffft. Harleys cant go fast enough to need brakes...

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    pfffft. Harleys cant go fast enough to need brakes...
    This would be as near as you get to riding a motorcycle

DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Repsol something or other
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Considering he could finger tighten one of the bolts, he still kept respectable pace through the twisties. Something I doubt your average Harley rider would be doing with working brakes.

Bike
    Gone
    Why is there always one?

You sure you're not the problem here? 90% of cars are happy to drive around at 70-80 km/h slowing to 60 for the occasional corner only to speed up to 95 in "passing" lanes. All they accomplish is get 1 car length ahead in 1+ km of passing lane thereby totally fucking up the opportunity for others to be able to pass the entire line of slow twats that can't negotiate the open road to save their lives.

Thankfully it's not an issue if you've got a powerful machine but BY GOLLY is it frustrating when driving a slow as shit econobox.

Bike
    suzuki
    like the clown on the wellington distinguished gentlemans ride at the weekdn who thought just because his passnger had a camera he could cross lane and ride where he wanted. for christs sake there were all sorts of differnt bikes and riding abilities there, foot clutch bikes whicg aren't easy in modern traffic you're lucky you didn't get hit by someone you cut off.

Thread Information