Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taken by surprise!

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Good for you Geoff. Hope its another few years of trouble free motorcycling
    Cheers Alan. I hope it will give me as much pleasure as the Triple has!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Hey Geoff, nice choice and if you consider it to be an upgrade from the Triple, then it must be bloody good.
    Nice pic and i like that colour choice also. Enjoy.

Cheers

Robbo
    Thanks Robbo . Time will tell whether it's an upgrade but given the timing of events, it's worth a punt!

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Ah the stealth colour scheme.
    Thanks Ron, I have no reason to want to draw attention to myself despite impeccable behaviour

I was quite interested in the approaches between 2 Suzuki dealers when I made an initial enquiry last week about a demo ride. Made the point that I wasn't a tyre kicker and was a cash buyer. The first one said they had a grey naked model in stock but I couldn't ride it as it wasn't a demonstrator. I could have a ride on the faired version. Declined as I specifically wanted to experience what the naked bike was like. Holeshot took a positive line from the start and I felt more valued although in fairness, they happened to have a grey demonstrator. When I bought the Triple from Hamilton Motorcycles, it wasn't a demonstrator but they gave me the keys anyway. Just an observation that quite often, it's pretty minor differences in first contact and impressions which clinches the sale.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Cheers Alan. I hope it will give me as much pleasure as the Triple has!

Thanks Robbo . Time will tell whether it's an upgrade but given the timing of events, it's worth a punt!

Thanks Ron, I have no reason to want to draw attention to myself despite impeccable behaviour

I was quite interested in the approaches between 2 Suzuki dealers when I made an initial enquiry last week about a demo ride. Made the point that I wasn't a tyre kicker and was a cash buyer. The first one said they had a grey naked model in stock but I couldn't ride it as it wasn't a demonstrator. I could have a ride on the faired version. Declined as I specifically wanted to experience what the naked bike was like. Holeshot took a positive line from the start and I felt more valued although in fairness, they happened to have a grey demonstrator. When I bought the Triple from Hamilton Motorcycles, it wasn't a demonstrator but they gave me the keys anyway. Just an observation that quite often, it's pretty minor differences in first contact and impressions which clinches the sale.

Sales can be tricky to achieve, but some sales man can be just stupid
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    None any more
    Just an observation that quite often, it's pretty minor differences in first contact and impressions which clinches the sale.
    Mrs H acquired her first brand-new Marauder from a dealer in Palmerston North because a local purveyor of the same model had suggested that she take an old Honda 750 Rebel out for a test ride instead. The Palmie dude didn't technically have a demo, but was sufficiently swayed by Mrs H's interest to let her take a brand new one out for a lengthy stroll. Sale made.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Nice one.

So, as it's a "birthday present" I trust they'll put a big ribbon round it and a few balloons...

Cheers from Verona...

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Mrs H acquired her first brand-new Marauder from a dealer in Palmerston North because a local purveyor of the same model had suggested that she take an old Honda 750 Rebel out for a test ride instead. The Palmie dude didn't technically have a demo, but was sufficiently swayed by Mrs H's interest to let her take a brand new one out for a lengthy stroll. Sale made.
    Yes indeed - great stuff! In a similar vein, I always had to cool my heels at Hamilton Motorcycle Centre when the Triumph was being serviced because I live 160 km away. Quite often, they would give me the keys to a bike and tell me to lose myself for an hour or so. That's the way to build long term relationships.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Nice one.

So, as it's a "birthday present" I trust they'll put a big ribbon round it and a few balloons...

Cheers from Verona...
    Cheers Moi! As long as there's helium in the balloons to drop the weight a bit further, that will be fine

Nice location you're in. I'm sure there's a joke in there about Three Gentlemen and Shakespeare, but it's still a bit early in the morning for me! Enjoy, whatever you're doing there

Bike
    Assorted British
    Yes indeed - great stuff! In a similar vein, I always had to cool my heels at Hamilton Motorcycle Centre when the Triumph was being serviced because I live 160 km away. Quite often, they would give me the keys to a bike and tell me to lose myself for an hour or so. That's the way to build long term relationships.
    Yep, i used to have the same from Hamilton Motorcycle Centre when my Triumphs were being serviced or repaired. Heath always gave me a good loan bike whether it was for a couple of hours or couple of days. That great customer service earned them three new bike sales, all my servicing and many accessories. The previous owner, Kath, was also brilliant to deal with.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Just a wee note on the Street Triple. It's a stunner. I've ridden a couple, including one yesterday.

One thing they are not so sharp at is slow speed handling. The turning circle is a dog. The steering is so direct it's a mission to do a cone course I can eat on my R1200RT.

Having said that, of course, they are not designed for cone courses. They are a beautiful expression of a fun road eater. Horses, for courses.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Just a wee note on the Street Triple. It's a stunner. I've ridden a couple, including one yesterday.

One thing they are not so sharp at is slow speed handling. The turning circle is a dog. The steering is so direct it's a mission to do a cone course I can eat on my R1200RT.

Having said that, of course, they are not designed for cone courses. They are a beautiful expression of a fun road eater. Horses, for courses.
    I found the triple I borrowed quite forgiving in the the slow stuff, the clutch gearing combo quite hard to keep a steady pull below 20 which made for a fairly jerky time of it until I got used to it. Lots of trail braking helped.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries

Geoff knows that... plus he had the included bonus of showing someone how not to do it... if only he'd had another 6 inches he reckoned (I think we'd all fancy an extra 6 inches) Unfortunately NZ back roads are only so wide, and it's gravel after that... Wonder if he's tested the GSX?

I haven't tried an RT, but I doubt you'd find a better steering lock than the R1200GSA. I've even got a steering stopper on it for protection (which reduces it slightly) and I still struggle to consistently do lock to lock turns. No problem with the CB919 which is a little less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Yep, i used to have the same from Hamilton Motorcycle Centre when my Triumphs were being serviced or repaired. Heath always gave me a good loan bike whether it was for a couple of hours or couple of days. That great customer service earned them three new bike sales, all my servicing and many accessories. The previous owner, Kath, was also brilliant to deal with.
    I really wanted to stay with Heath and his team - the techs are all great too. I won't rule out coming back to them when the 800 is released if I like it.

Bike
    Sold

Peter, they improved the lock on later models. When I recently had an Associate out on an IAM ride, I showed him how not to do a feet-up turn on a narrow country road. It was the "oh for another 6 inches" to which Gremlin referred. Had to step off it, fortunately with only damage to the ego . The Associate had the good grace not to laugh through the comms but my mother would have scrubbed my mouth out.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    I found the triple I borrowed quite forgiving in the the slow stuff, the clutch gearing combo quite hard to keep a steady pull below 20 which made for a fairly jerky time of it until I got used to it. Lots of trail braking helped.
    Sent via tapatalk.
    Yep, wet roundabouts scared me when I first bought it. A remap came out which helped a lot and simply getting used to it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Geoff knows that... plus he had the included bonus of showing someone how not to do it... if only he'd had another 6 inches he reckoned (I think we'd all fancy an extra 6 inches) Unfortunately NZ back roads are only so wide, and it's gravel after that... Wonder if he's tested the GSX?

I haven't tried an RT, but I doubt you'd find a better steering lock than the R1200GSA. I've even got a steering stopper on it for protection (which reduces it slightly) and I still struggle to consistently do lock to lock turns. No problem with the CB919 which is a little less.
    The GSX is so unbelievably like the Triple in terms of handling you wouldn't believe it but I'll be sure to check the lock before any feet-up turns on narrow roads!

Have now put the Triple for sale on the KB sale section, priced to sell.

Can't wait for another 2 weeks!

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    I really wanted to stay with Heath and his team - the techs are all great too. I won't rule out coming back to them when the 800 is released if I like it.

A dam shame Heath has sold up and moved on now, he was a great man in his role.
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    What's he up to? That's a real shame. So good to deal with.

Bike
    Assorted British
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    Oh! I did'nt know he had, when was that Shaun?

Thread Information