Thread: Fitted a trunk boxand saddlebags to my Boulevard M50

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50

Fitted a trunk boxand saddlebags to my Boulevard M50

I've just completed a project to give added security to my pillion. She's been riding on the back, but welcomes the added comfort and confidence that a padded trunk box behind her brings. I've also added saddlebags.

The M50 has a different bolt hole set up from the rest of the Boulevard range, the C50 has 8 1/2 inch bolt hole centres. Thee M50 has 200 mm bolt hole centres and the mudguard side plates are tapered in towards the back. There are no aftermarket luggage rack manufacturers for the post 2010 M50 and the genuine mounting plates and luggage rack from Suzuki would have cost about $700.

So I got a pair of mounting plates cut from 6 mm marine aluminium, packed them out where necessary, and mounted one of those large trunk boxes from eBay on top. Added side handles as an extra touch of security for the pillion, and attached a set of saddlebags for bringing the groceries home in. The trunk box does look a little high, but having an AirHawk pad on the pillion seat raises everything by about 60 mm. Function rules.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Completed project lores.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	316376

Bike
    he's back !!!
    WOW !! that looks comfy AWESOME
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    Looks practical, but I think you'll struggle to fit her body in there securely.

Thread Information