Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for Mt. Maunganui Bandit inspection

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by mynemesis View Post
    yeah thats what I read recently too.

Still wondering if it's better to get the almost new, fully stock bike and ride it with the stock suspension, heavy pipe and squishy brakes for a year. OR get the cheaper 50,000km example that I can chuck most things on to straight away?

Fuck it, I'll buy the cheap hayabusa in Palmerston North

The bandits are not that bad ... if you want a spot-on handling sports bike buy one of those ... Bandits are not that ..

I bought a stock 1250 a rode it for a while before I started to change things - mostly braided lines (the brakes are Ok and saved me from hitting a couple of idiot cagers before I added the braided lines) and I tighten up the front forks. I replaced the can with a carbon-fibre one from Pomlandia ... the standard one is six and a half kilos !!! hung off one side of the bike ...

I did the same on the 650 -with the addition of Wave front discs, 'cause I chuck that one around more than the big bandit

Apart from that - I've cloked up 67,000 klicks in six years on the 1250 and 62,000klicks in 8 years on the little one ... I love them and would replace them with similar TNABs ... they do everything I want - and frequently leave sprotsbike riders in my dust ... good for very long trips ... I'ver seen 217 klicks on the clock on the little one and at 245 on the clock the big one was still accelerating wen I shut it down for a corner ...

The most fun bikes I have ever owned ... Yeah - I know - all bandit oweners say that .. maybe because it's true ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Thanks. Yeah I think I was looking at these too the other day.

Who do I see (and what sort of money will it cost) to have the carbs re-tuned properly once it has a new exhaust?

I read about some people having theirs dyno tuned, but suspect that is a little pricey!?
    About $40 worth of jets and a couple of hours.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    05 Bandit 1200, 08 YZF250, 07 RMZ450
    40bux and couple hours you say!? Sounds good!

No don't want a spot -on sports bike. Well yeah I do, but if I got one, it would have to be a well used one and I don't want THAT!

Should be heading down to New Plymouth tomorrow to collect my new K5. Did I already mention it's only done 3000km!? Owned by a retired gentleman that fitted a massive giving front touring screen.

So hyped to go get it. I bet it pisses down tomorrow though!

Bike
    bandit

No don't want a spot -on sports bike. Well yeah I do, but if I got one, it would have to be a well used one and I don't want THAT!

Should be heading down to New Plymouth tomorrow to collect my new K5. Did I already mention it's only done 3000km!? Owned by a retired gentleman that fitted a massive giving front touring screen.

So hyped to go get it. I bet it pisses down tomorrow though!
    have fun on it ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    That's what it's for mate. Hope to see you on the road on it sometime. Now that I have something I can properly get around on now. And the roads round your way are good from driving memory.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR

!
    Right. Contact Alec from this site, http://www.smebike.info/ He has the jets. He is in Whitford.

You need 110 mains and 17.5 idles. Take out the slides from the top and set the needles 1 clip down. Cut the diaphram springs 25mm shorter. Refit. Drop the float bowls and fit the new jets. Set the float valves to 13mm. Turn the idle mixture screws to 3.75 turns out. Then remove the airbox cover and dril a 1.5" hole in it. Leave the stock airfilter in. K&N is much harder to tune. All this will find you about 15hp and a much fatter mid range.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Right. Contact Alec from this site, http://www.smebike.info/ He has the jets. He is in Whitford.

You need 110 mains and 17.5 idles. Take out the slides from the top and set the needles 1 clip down. Cut the diaphram springs 25mm shorter. Refit. Drop the float bowls and fit the new jets. Set the float valves to 13mm. Turn the idle mixture screws to 3.75 turns out. Then remove the airbox cover and dril a 1.5" hole in it. Leave the stock airfilter in. K&N is much harder to tune. All this will find you about 15hp and a much fatter mid range.
    Presumably after dumping the stock anchor of a muffler?

Neptune in NZ make very nice cans too.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Presumably after dumping the stock anchor of a muffler?

Neptune in NZ make very nice cans too.
    Yeah with the stock pipe on it will improve but not as much and run a smidge rich. But they are stupidly lean from the factory. If I was going to keep the stock pipe I would just go up a size in idles and lift the needle 1 clip.

Bike

Thank you for the tutorial Spokes. I'll reference that in the not too distant future. I haven't played with carbs in bloody years but a few youtube tutorials and plenty of HD pics along the way and it should be a fun project.

Had a look at those danmoto cans too. Not a bad sound and plenty cheap, so that might be on the credit card soon.

Shorter dog bones, Busa rear shock, longer low bars, tail tidy and on and on it begins.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Busa rear shock is a must if 2 up. Its not perfect but much better than stock. And you will be able to sell the low ks stock for more than a Busa one.

Bike
    Busa rear shock is a must if 2 up. Its not perfect but much better than stock. And you will be able to sell the low ks stock for more than a Busa one.
    Yeah I heard similar. Being a fat ass I qualify as 2 up riding all the time.

Whats a better swap in? I can't afford a brand new after market one so been looking for straight swap in units from other bikes.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR

Whats a better swap in? I can't afford a brand new after market one so been looking for straight swap in units from other bikes.
    Busa one is the most common and best suited to well feed riders.

Bike
    Busa one is the most common and best suited to well feed riders.
    haha "well fed" I like that. I didn't know you were so tactful?

Bike
    bandit

Wreckers like these guys can be good for the parts ...

http://www.gpmotorcyclewreckers.co.nz/suzuki.shtml

Bike
    thanks again Bandit. I'll see if they can help me?

Heres my new baby in mint condition, fresh before my ride back from NP. It was so new and un-abused that it still had some of the rubber flaps left on the tyres from the molding process,

Thread Information