Thread: GJ77A 1995 Suzuki Bandit 250

Bike
    Bandit 250

GJ77A 1995 Suzuki Bandit 250

I'm trying my best to find a service manual / workshop manual for a 1995 Suzuki Bandit 250.

Do any of you intelligent people know where any are or potienally have spare copy?

Cheers!

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    You just want someone else to do the Google search doncha!
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    Bandit 250
    Unfortunately not at all... There simply isn't too much information around for the GJ77A compared with the GJ74A Bandits (1990-92)

However if you can execute your GoogleFu and find some service/workshop manuals I'll give you a gobby mate

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Bandit 250
    Unfortunately that's for the GJ74A it may still work for what amount of oil to put in the engine though

Basically I'm wanting to have a general read through the manual around the areas of piston to valve clearance, carb tuning and general up keep or to at least find someone that I can learn off that has worked on enough bikes/bandits in their time that all this is second nature

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Millsie View Post
    Unfortunately that's for the GJ74A it may still work for what amount of oil to put in the engine though

Basically I'm wanting to have a general read through the manual around the areas of piston to valve clearance, carb tuning and general up keep or to at least find someone that I can learn off that has worked on enough bikes/bandits in their time that all this is second nature
    oil volume for the motor is stamped on the cover the oil goes in ( That amount is for with no filter change) the rest is fealy common on those units buddy
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    Bandit 250
    Cheers boss, yeah I've got my replacement o-ring & oil filter I've read around the nets that it's roughly 3L but we'll have to see how much it takes.. Its a shame that carbs aren't as easy to tune/mess with

I noticed you're in New Plymouth, do you know of any stores around that stock Motul? I popped into the Suzuki Dealership and they mentioned they knew of one company but didn't tell me who they were

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Cheers boss, yeah I've got my replacement o-ring & oil filter I've read around the nets that it's roughly 3L but we'll have to see how much it takes.. Its a shame that carbs aren't as easy to tune/mess with

I noticed you're in New Plymouth, do you know of any stores around that stock Motul? I popped into the Suzuki Dealership and they mentioned they knew of one company but didn't tell me who they were

No, I use Total. If you want some advise and live in NP, get in touch mate, I will be away this weekend racing though
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    1991 GSF250ZM Bandit

Love my Bandits.

Hey dudes, I can see that this is an older thread, but I have owned several bandit 250's over the last 4 years, a 74a and a 77a, and I have worked a lot on both of them. I see you are interested in working on your carbs. I live in Taupo, and have rebuild several Mikuni carbs. I also know where you can get a complete set of seals for rebuilding carbs for cheap, and they are rated for race fuel. Let me know if you are still struggling to find information.

Oh, BTW, Most Honda Bike places stock Motul. I use 3100Gold in my bikes, works a treat, and its really cheap.

Bike
    Bandit 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Jones View Post
    Hey dudes, I can see that this is an older thread, but I have owned several bandit 250's over the last 4 years, a 74a and a 77a, and I have worked a lot on both of them. I see you are interested in working on your carbs. I live in Taupo, and have rebuild several Mikuni carbs. I also know where you can get a complete set of seals for rebuilding carbs for cheap, and they are rated for race fuel. Let me know if you are still struggling to find information.

Oh, BTW, Most Honda Bike places stock Motul. I use 3100Gold in my bikes, works a treat, and its really cheap.
    Hey mate, cheers for replying to this thread! Bikes due for a oil change

I recently(ish) picked up a 1995 Suzuki Bandit 250v and have put 6,000k's on pretty quickly and now it's at 18,000k

I really wouldn't mind just having a look inside the engine and checking the clearances / condition of the pistons / barrels / etc... Do you have any manuals for these bikes or is all just trial and error?

Thread Information