Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wondering what I could expect to get if I sold my 1991 Yamaha Zeal 250

Bike
    1991 Yamaha Zeal 250

Wondering what I could expect to get if I sold my 1991 Yamaha Zeal 250

I think the term is "gauging interest"?

I'm a learner motorcyclist considering upgrading to a learner legal 400 or higher, in doing so, I'd need to sell my Zeal.

The bike has WoF and Rego is valid, I've been riding it for 3 months with no major issues.

I don't know much about motorcycle maintenance or anything, so apologies in advance if I don't go into enough detail in the following issues:

It's not very tidy, had been down on the road before I bought it. Exhaust looks terrible, stator cover had a hole in it, but replaced it.
    Has a constant fuel smell I can't find the source of, burns through fuel pretty quick. Full tank only lasts about 180km.
    Tires are in decent condition, front brake pads were replaced when I started riding, back ones should still last a while.
    Back brake has barely any power, think it has some air in it. I needed to bleed it when I got it, and was kinda lazy and kinda did the minimum I could do to pass the WoF (I should probably not own a motorbike).
    One of the previous owners of the gas tank it has on it looks like they tried to remove the "Zeal" writing, it looks terrible.
    Sometimes it loses some power for no reason, and nobody can figure out why. Hasn't been that much of a problem, in my opinion.
    Headlight is for a different bike, fits decent enough.
    Tachometer doesn't work, worked when I got it but just kinda stopped working at some point. Also has a hole in the cover.
    Electronics look like a child unplugged everything and had a play round.
    Tape covering hole in the Tachometer and a small gap where the headlight connects. Despite my Dad's protests that "Motorbikes are made to handle water, blahblahblah".
    Don't know anything about it's history, apart from the fact that it sat around at my uncle's place for 2 years before I bought it.
    Back brake is from a different bike model, original was seized to hell and my dad stuffed one of the pistons trying to fix it :/. Fits perfectly, think it's from the Zeal's sister bike, the FZR 250.
    Brake disc is a little warped. Have a replacement that I got preowned, looks to be in good condition (No promises)
    Includes an extra stator and the bit in the stator cover that has a wire coming out. I bought a stator cover for cheap and the guy included them as well...

No. plate is A5LAJ if you wish to look up any rego information.
    Odo reads 67404.

Pictures: (New to this forum, so apologies if they're uploaded incorrectly)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151021_170821.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	256.6 KB 
ID:	316737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151021_170810.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	283.9 KB 
ID:	316738Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151021_170801.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	269.9 KB 
ID:	316739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151021_170749.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	281.0 KB 
ID:	316740

While also on the subject, I'm looking for recommendations on 400cc or higher LAMS approved bikes I could look into. Prefer naked bikes, anything in black, and am not fused with physical condition.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Wondering what I could expect to get if I sold my
    1991 Yamaha Zeal 250?

Money. And fuckall of it.

Maybe herpes. Depedning who you sell it to and how.

Bike
    1991 Yamaha Zeal 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    1991 Yamaha Zeal 250?

Very descriptive. Thanks, random rude person.

Good to see my first experience in these forums being a good one.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OctagonalFerret View Post
    Very descriptive. Thanks, random rude person.

Good to see my first experience in these forums being a good one.
    maybe someone will give you a sweet trade on a big can of "htfu princess"

there's this new website, called trademe. Watch a few similar bikes in similar condition to get an idea of "market value"

or. List that shitpile for 1$ reserve.

Bike
    2004ZX6R
    1991 Yamaha Zeal 250?

Not even worthy of chips and $5 ?

Bike
    1991 Yamaha Zeal 250
    maybe someone will give you a sweet trade on a big can of "htfu princess"

there's this new website, called trademe. Watch a few similar bikes in similar condition to get an idea of "market value"

or. List that shitpile for 1$ reserve.
    Am I a pretty princess? Hahaha.

Trademe you say? It is like eBay?

Similar bikes isn't easy to do, as I understand it, 4 cylinder 250's are rare. As they were only produced in Japan, iirc. Difficult to find stuff in similar condition also, as people generally leave out all the smaller problems and just claim it "runs" and is legal. I would rather be honest about the condition, and get what is appropriate.

Bike
    1991 Yamaha Zeal 250
    Quote Originally Posted by WNJ View Post
    Not even worthy of chips and $5 ?
    We talking fish 'n' chips or store bought chips?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Similar bikes isn't easy to do, as I understand it, 4 cylinder 250's are rare.
    rare as bro!!11!

Chuck some rim tape on it youll get 5grand.

Bike
    1991 Yamaha Zeal 250
    rare as bro!!11!

Chuck some rim tape on it youll get 5grand.
    Ah yes, sarcasm. Nice. I may not know motorcycle value, but I know for a fact it won't be worth anywhere near that.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    don worry about axle he aint right int head

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I think the term is "gauging interest"?

The bike has WoF and Rego is valid, I've been riding it for 3 months with no major issues.

I don't know much about motorcycle maintenance or anything, so apologies in advance if I don't go into enough detail in the following issues:

It's not very tidy, had been down on the road before I bought it. Exhaust looks terrible, stator cover had a hole in it, but replaced it.

Has a constant fuel smell I can't find the source of, burns through fuel pretty quick. Full tank only lasts about 180km.

Tires are in decent condition, front brake pads were replaced when I started riding, back ones should still last a while.

Back brake has barely any power, think it has some air in it. I needed to bleed it when I got it, and was kinda lazy and kinda did the minimum I could do to pass the WoF (I should probably not own a motorbike).
    An admitted lazy owner ... and you probably want money for it ... not looking good in this regard ....

One of the previous owners of the gas tank it has on it looks like they tried to remove the "Zeal" writing, it looks terrible.
    It's ALWAYS the PREVIOUS owner that did ... IT .. !!!!!!!

Sometimes it loses some power for no reason, and nobody can figure out why. Hasn't been that much of a problem, in my opinion.
    Losing power for no reason is BULLSHIT ... You just haven't found the reason. And can't be fucked looking ... even if you knew where to look. (which you DON'T)

Trust me on this ... your opinion is of little concern (or value) to us ...

Headlight is for a different bike, fits decent enough.
    Tachometer doesn't work, worked when I got it but just kinda stopped working at some point. Also has a hole in the cover.
    Electronics look like a child unplugged everything and had a play round.
    Tape covering hole in the Tachometer and a small gap where the headlight connects. Despite my Dad's protests that "Motorbikes are made to handle water, blahblahblah".
    Don't know anything about it's history, apart from the fact that it sat around at my uncle's place for 2 years before I bought it.
    Back brake is from a different bike model, original was seized to hell and my dad stuffed one of the pistons trying to fix it :/. Fits perfectly, think it's from the Zeal's sister bike, the FZR 250.
    Brake disc is a little warped. Have a replacement that I got preowned, looks to be in good condition (No promises)
    Includes an extra stator and the bit in the stator cover that has a wire coming out. I bought a stator cover for cheap and the guy included them as well...
    Any bits Not broken ... ??? or not fucked enough that doesn't need replacing .. ????

No. plate is A5LAJ if you wish to look up any rego information.
    Odo reads 67404.
    I bet nobody will look it up. You've told us enough ...

While also on the subject, I'm looking for recommendations on 400cc or higher LAMS approved bikes I could look into. Prefer naked bikes, anything in black, and am not fused with physical condition.

Contact us when you've sold this one ... or when you have money. State your budget when you DO ask. Until then ... few on this site will take you seriously ... But go for the chips offer ... and for him ... he was being polite. Although for being onsite only 10 minutes ... you were not to know that ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1991 Yamaha Zeal 250
    [QUOTE=FJRider;1130914341][QUOTE=OctagonalFerret;1130914271]I think the term is "gauging interest"?

[QUOTE=OctagonalFerret;1130914271]I'm a learner motorcyclist considering upgrading to a learner legal 400 or higher, in doing so, I'd need to sell my Zeal.

[QUOTE=OctagonalFerret;1130914271]The bike has WoF and Rego is valid, I've been riding it for 3 months with no major issues.

[QUOTE=OctagonalFerret;1130914271]I don't know much about motorcycle maintenance or anything, so apologies in advance if I don't go into enough detail in the following issues:

[QUOTE=OctagonalFerret;1130914271]It's not very tidy, had been down on the road before I bought it. Exhaust looks terrible, stator cover had a hole in it, but replaced it.

[QUOTE=OctagonalFerret;1130914271]Has a constant fuel smell I can't find the source of, burns through fuel pretty quick. Full tank only lasts about 180km.

[QUOTE=OctagonalFerret;1130914271]Tires are in decent condition, front brake pads were replaced when I started riding, back ones should still last a while.

An admitted lazy owner ... and you probably want money for it ... not looking good in this regard ....

It's ALWAYS the PREVIOUS owner that did ... IT .. !!!!!!!

Losing power for no reason is BULLSHIT ... You just haven't found the reason. And can't be fucked looking ... even if you knew where to look. (which you DON'T)

Trust me on this ... your opinion is of little concern (or value) to us ...

Any bits Not broken ... ??? or not fucked enough that doesn't need replacing .. ????

I bet nobody will look it up. You've told us enough ...

Contact us when you've sold this one ... or when you have money. State your budget when you DO ask. Until then ... few on this site will take you seriously ... But go for the chips offer ... and for him ... he was being polite. Although for being onsite only 10 minutes ... you were not to know that ...
    Let me note this down:
    "Don't be honest"
    "Don't admit to your own faults"
    "Everyone are dicks"
    "Nobody denied that I am a pretty princess, I shall take this as a compliment"

Tell me though, where would you look if the problem was a loss of power? Hmm?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    don worry about axle he aint right int head
    quoted to immortalise your bad england.

[QUOTE=OctagonalFerret;1130914350][QUOTE=FJRider;1130914341][QUOTE=OctagonalFerret;1130914271]I think the term is "gauging interest"?

[QUOTE=OctagonalFerret;1130914271]I'm a learner motorcyclist considering upgrading to a learner legal 400 or higher, in doing so, I'd need to sell my Zeal.

Let me note this down:
    "Don't be honest"
    "Don't admit to your own faults"
    "Everyone are dicks"
    "Nobody denied that I am a pretty princess, I shall take this as a compliment"

Tell me though, where would you look if the problem was a loss of power? Hmm?
    holy fucked html batgirl!

Google for a start. Then perhaps by asking relevant questions showing some intelligence and or aptitude.

Five bucks says It'll be in those shitty old carbs though.

Bike
    2004ZX6R
    We talking fish 'n' chips or store bought chips?
    Akzle chips

Bike
    1991 Yamaha Zeal 250
    Ah yes, those carbs that were rebuilt when I got the bike. Never thought of getting those checked, eh.

Thread Information