Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm looking at buying this, wanting advice

Bike
    Still looking
    Alrighty then. Keep looking it is. I'm trying not to jump into buying something just because it's in my budget and I desperately want to get back out there

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    You're in the biggest marketplace, something has to turn up.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerChick101 View Post
    Alrighty then. Keep looking it is. I'm trying not to jump into buying something just because it's in my budget and I desperately want to get back out there
    You probably know it anyway but I guess if you have that sort of budget don't try and find a bike that is going to run great and last forever because you're always going to be taking a punt on some part of any purchase. Probably anything you get will cost you a bit more initially to fix up little unseen issues (rooted batteries and electrical componants in my personal experience). Relax, accept that and then as long as there are no obvious issues, get something that moves you (emotionally I mean). Connecting with your bike on that level makes it easier to deal with the little problems that will arise.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Still looking
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    You probably know it anyway but I guess if you have that sort of budget don't try and find a bike that is going to run great and last forever because you're always going to be taking a punt on some part of any purchase. Probably anything you get will cost you a bit more initially to fix up little unseen issues (rooted batteries and electrical componants in my personal experience). Relax, accept that and then as long as there are no obvious issues, get something that moves you (emotionally I mean). Connecting with your bike on that level makes it easier to deal with the little problems that will arise.
    Yeah. I'm not too worried about a few issues. The rust and service on the hyosung I could sort out myself easily enough, will probably service whatever bike I end up with anyway.
    I know 3k isn't alot to have to spend, but yeah, hoping that being in Auckland works in my favour

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    You probably know it anyway but I guess if you have that sort of budget don't try and find a bike that is going to run great and last forever because you're always going to be taking a punt on some part of any purchase. Probably anything you get will cost you a bit more initially to fix up little unseen issues (rooted batteries and electrical components in my personal experience). Relax, accept that and then as long as there are no obvious issues, get something that moves you (emotionally I mean). Connecting with your bike on that level makes it easier to deal with the little problems that will arise.
    You wont find better advice when shopping for a bike with a limited budget.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerChick101 View Post
    I think I'm getting caught up on a 250cc being too small. I know some 250s have more performance than alot of larger bikes
    I would urge you to ride some larger bikes and some 250cc bikes, get a feel for the differences and for what you like & don't like about them.
    I changed from a 900cc to a 1300cc and the 900cc had as much top speed and was a much lighter bike, but there is something I like about the engine of the 1300 not needing to rev so hard to make great power and having bags of torque from quite low down in the rev range.

A 250cc bike can go quite fast and corner really well being so light, but a 500cc or 650cc bike will lug along very happily at a speed where the 250cc is reving quite high and will therefore provide more relaxed riding. Sometimes the service interval is shorter on the smaller bikes that work harder and there can be more frequent repairs.

Some will like the quicker handling of the lighter 250cc bikes.
    Some will like the better torque from the bigger bikes.
    Figure out what you like and hunt out a decent example at a fair price, then buy, ride & enjoy!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    The compromise is the 400cc bikes coming in from Japan. My son has an older Honda NV400 that does a good job even with two pers on. I am not currently selling it, but if I was it would be $1K with WOF and a few months of rego. (They came in to NZ as 550cc I seem to remember.). Many other 400cc ones have been brought in to NZ and are at reasonable prices.

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Nah nah. This is a KB new bike thread, you have to suggest this;

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-972498905.htm
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike