Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost motorhome

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)

Lost motorhome

Before I moved to the Philippines I lived in a motorhome. After I had been here some time I asked my son, who was looking after it, to sell it on my behalf. After some time had passed, it became clear that it would be difficult to move, however we were made an offer of rent-to-buy.

This worked fine until, after about one third of the agreed price was paid, the payments stopped. I emailed the 'buyer', tried to call the 'buyer', my son tried to call the 'buyer', and even, several times, went to the caravan park where the 'buyer' had been, all to no avail. He was employed as a truck driver on the ChCh earthquake recovery and then had a job on the building side of things.

The man had clearly disappeared, along with my motorhome, still owing me $33,000!

Maybe someone out there may have seen it. The 'buyer' lived in Oamaru at the time of sale, but may be in the Taupo area. I have also heard on the grapevine that it may have changed hands again. The choice of bike I can buy on my return to NZ depends on the recovery of this vehicle. If anyone has seen, or knows the whereabouts of this vehicle could they please PM me?

Description: 1996 Isuzu Forward with a Fleetwood Prowler caravan mounted on a lengthened chassis. Reg. No. DDQ985.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fleetwood Prowler 001.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	457.0 KB 
ID:	317131Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fleetwood Prowler 002.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	523.9 KB 
ID:	317132
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    List it as stolen and see what happens when somebody tries to register it or get a WOF/COF.

And pass it around on Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan
    Yep what he said and try asking the various caravan/camper clubs to see if they flick on their sites, fb pages etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyd View Post
    Before I moved to the Philippines I lived in a motorhome. After I had been here some time I asked my son, who was looking after it, to sell it on my behalf. After some time had passed, it became clear that it would be difficult to move, however we were made an offer of rent-to-buy.

This worked fine until, after about one third of the agreed price was paid, the payments stopped. I emailed the 'buyer', tried to call the 'buyer', my son tried to call the 'buyer', and even, several times, went to the caravan park where the 'buyer' had been, all to no avail. He was employed as a truck driver on the ChCh earthquake recovery and then had a job on the building side of things.

The man had clearly disappeared, along with my motorhome, still owing me $33,000!

Maybe someone out there may have seen it. The 'buyer' lived in Oamaru at the time of sale, but may be in the Taupo area. I have also heard on the grapevine that it may have changed hands again. The choice of bike I can buy on my return to NZ depends on the recovery of this vehicle. If anyone has seen, or knows the whereabouts of this vehicle could they please PM me?

Description: 1996 Isuzu Forward with a Fleetwood Prowler caravan mounted on a lengthened chassis. Reg. No. DDQ985.
    G'day Daffyd - you say the guy lived in Oamaru - I will keep an eye out around the Waitaki Lakes area in case he has come up here.

PM me the details of where he lived in Oamaru etc and I will see what I can snif out for you. Cheers, John.

Bike
    Street Triple R

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fleetwood Prowler 001.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	457.0 KB 
ID:	317131Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fleetwood Prowler 002.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	523.9 KB 
ID:	317132
    Talk to the po po. Your vehicle has been stolen.

What takes it out of the realm of a "failed business deal" and into the arena of theft is the whole "He knew he owed me money and he flitted with the vehicle" aspect.

Why the fuck do people do this shit without talking to a lawyer? Fucksakes. Things you could and should have done: A sale and purchase agreement incorporating terms on which the loan would be made, the interest payable, and reserving title until you are paid in full. PLUS INCORPORATING A RIGHT TO CREATE A CHARGE ON THE PPSR. That way anyone doing due diligence on it when he on-sells it sees the charge and says "I ain't payin till thats cleared".

Christ on a crutch people $350 in lawyers fees and you wouldnt be sitting there scratching your balls wondering what happened to your $60k investment.

All is probably not lost (he cannot give clear title to something he does not own) and the vehicle is too big to disappear. Talk about make your life harder than it needs to be though.

I will search the PPSR on Monday for you and see if anything hits. Do you know the VIN number? PM me.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    List it as stolen and see what happens when somebody tries to register it or get a WOF/COF.

and post the name of the guy too.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Check out number 46, is that it ?

Bike

It is listed as stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Talk to the po po. Your vehicle has been stolen.

What takes it out of the realm of a "failed business deal" and into the arena of theft is the whole "He knew he owed me money and he flitted with the vehicle" aspect.

Why the fuck do people do this shit without talking to a lawyer? Fucksakes. Things you could and should have done: A sale and purchase agreement incorporating terms on which the loan would be made, the interest payable, and reserving title until you are paid in full. PLUS INCORPORATING A RIGHT TO CREATE A CHARGE ON THE PPSR. That way anyone doing due diligence on it when he on-sells it sees the charge and says "I ain't payin till thats cleared".

Christ on a crutch people $350 in lawyers fees and you wouldnt be sitting there scratching your balls wondering what happened to your $60k investment.

All is probably not lost (he cannot give clear title to something he does not own) and the vehicle is too big to disappear. Talk about make your life harder than it needs to be though.

I will search the PPSR on Monday for you and see if anything hits. Do you know the VIN number? PM me.

All that was done... My brother is a lawyer and he always dots the i's and crosses the t's. He drew up the agreement and is working with the police on this.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    and post the name of the guy too.
    The guy's name is Rangi Senior Hepi.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike

It is on Facebook. (See my wall, 'David Galt').

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Doesn't show up on your page, unless you're a 'friend' I'm guessing.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Rangi.
    Damn Rangi strikes again

Sorry mate just couldnt resist Hope you get it back.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Damn Rangi strikes again
    Funny you should say that... I had an uneasy feeling at the start, but initially he was very good. He took a hiatus over last Xmas so he could take his dying wife back to the tribal area somewhere around Taupo, then resumed payments, (actually paying more weekly to cover the non-payment period. Then, three months later... zilch!

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Probably a mobile P lab in the Urawera by now.
    I do feel for ya.
    The more I deal with humans, the more I like animals.

Bike
    Street Triple R

The guy's name is Rangi Senior Hepi.
    Really? and you lent him money?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Really? and you lent him money?
    No it was a house truck, keep up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Thread Information