Page 153 of 187 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2795

Thread: MotoGP 2016

Bike
    77 XL250
    By that I meant nice guy off track. There are few - if any - nice guys on track at the top level.

Rossi still has a massive fan base, though diminished after the shenanigans of last year. If he spits the dummy big time next year he may end up less popular than Lorenzo.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Nobody thinks Rossi is a nice guy on the track, and most don't see him that way off the track.
    Yup. Despite being a Rossi fan I've never doubted that he is a driven man. He wants to win, he wants to be the best, he wants the crowd roaring for him. I've met people with that kind of drive throughout my career. None of whom I would care to have as a friend. They are boring, and callous at times.
    I guess it's shades of grey across the GP paddock in that respect, nobody is on the grid for being nice.

I think a big clue to the racing psyche is the immediate post race interviews with the venerable Dylan. Quite often I'm still trying to get my breath back on the couch and the riders sound more like reviewers than racers. Well, then we have Jack Miller, bless him.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Nobody thinks Rossi is a nice guy on the track, and most don't see him that way off the track.
    Half right. How would you explain the sea of yellow that we see on TV? Have you been to a GP? The tent that I saw selling his merchandise was twice the size of the one that sold everybody else's. Do you think all the people who buy that stuff do it 'cause he comes across as an arsehole?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Half right. How would you explain the sea of yellow that we see on TV? Have you been to a GP? The tent that I saw selling his merchandise was twice the size of the one that sold everybody else's. Do you think all the people who buy that stuff do it 'cause he comes across as an arsehole?
    He is a flamboyant spectacle. He is a God on a bike. He is an aggressive sportsman. With a drive to not only beat, but destroy anyone around him.

Of course the bloody crowd respond. Of course he's the most popular rider around the globe. If ya didn't know anything about bike racing, he would still make the season exciting.

"Because he comes accross as an arsehole". Not at all.

Even though he is an arsehole. That's a better way to put it.

That's him and racing. Total cunt. Bet he's a fucken hoot to hit the piss with away from the track though.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    You could say there's been some karma for Rossi this year.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Not karma.He is facing a rival who has more speed,at least as much determination,and no desire to play any games.MM scaringly seems to learn very quickly.He is much changed from last year, willing to take points at every opportunity.In fact MM has scored points in every race this season.VR has had THREE zeroes.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    You could say there's been some karma for Rossi this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Not karma.He is facing a rival who has more speed,at least as much determination,and no desire to play any games.MM scaringly seems to learn very quickly.He is much changed from last year, willing to take points at every opportunity.In fact MM has scored points in every race this season.VR has had THREE zeroes.

You're both correct I feel.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I re-watched a couple of Brad Binders races last night, particularly Jerez (I think) when he started last.........

Any thoughts / speculation on his future? I can only say he seems very fast and very smart at this stage. Lady luck has been on his side, too, admittedly but not in a freaky way.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I re-watched a couple of Brad Binders races last night, particularly Jerez (I think) when he started last.........

Any thoughts / speculation on his future? I can only say he seems very fast and very smart at this stage. Lady luck has been on his side, too, admittedly but not in a freaky way.
    Yeah, he's freaky good at getting through the field, but we've seen it before, guys who are world champions in Moto3 and Moto2 languish at the back in MotoGP. Maybe it just takes time?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    Yeah, he's freaky good at getting through the field, but we've seen it before, guys who are world champions in Moto3 and Moto2 languish at the back in MotoGP. Maybe it just takes time?
    Latest example: Danny Kent hasn't exactly set the Moto2 world on fire this year.

Thing is there is currently no logical progression in riding style from one class to another. I read recently that the Moto3 bikes have more in common with the GP bikes than Moto2 as regards set up. The point was made that riders who spend too long in Moto2 lose whatever skills they had gained in Moto3.

The riding style in Moto2 is completely different to Moto3 and to MotoGP. A possible consolation is that Moto2 now provides a stepping stone from Supersport whereas the 250s were completely alien to a rider from the SBK paddock. Even so it has taken Sam Lowes a while to adjust.

Meanwhile Motegi is only a week away...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    Yes it does. Mick Doohan took three years to get to the pointy end reliably and on a regular basis. No one questions his skill.

There's too much pressure to perform instantly when moving between classes now. Brad Binder has the best racecraft of anyone I've seen since Rossi started. That is arguably more important for a long, successful career than freakish bike control skills. Marquez and Schwantz have a lot in common except the type of luck they experience. Schwantz got hurt over and over and over and over. Marquez bounces right up and gets on with it and learns rapidly as a result. Both rode and won with bikes that were not for everyone and certainly not the pick of the field.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    There is far too much sense and reasoned thought being cast in this thread.
    I'm really beginning to doubt Im logging on to Kiwibiker
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Various things
    Bring on the next three rounds I say. The ones we can watch at home live at a civil hour!

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...Monday mornings are a good day off to watch the main events...half the weekends already been lost to the P's & Q's, whats another lost day...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    To introduce some mathematical calculations for anyone interested?

MM can win the title next week if:
    A, 46 finshes 14th or lower, and
    B, 99 is 4th or lower.

That'd probably need a DNF for Rossi, but on current form the 4th for JL is somewhat more likely.

If that doesn't do it, Phillip Island might?

Thread Information