Page 109 of 187 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2795

Thread: MotoGP 2016

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yeah Marquez has a big lead. So too does Binder, but we aren't quite at the half way point yet so there are more points to come than have been awarded so far. There are still gaps of three or four weeks between races but in the second half of the season some races come in quick succession and an injured rider can easily miss several races. Then too the gremlins can go after them as with Danny kent.

Doohan won a title after three DNFs so it is not impossible.
    That's the one, and in 2014 from memory he had a fair few DNF's in the 2nd half of the season, so perhaps some of the tracks don't suit him as well. But if he placed 2nd in all the next races with Dani occasionally finishing ahead of either of the Yams, the championship is his.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Ducati are testing at Misano tonight and tomorrow night our time, Stoner and Pirro presiding. Aprila will also be testing and IIRC Sam Lowes will get his first ride on a MotoGP bike.

World Ducati Week will follow the test.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Yeah Marquez has a big lead. So too does Binder, but we aren't quite at the half way point yet so there are more points to come than have been awarded so far. There are still gaps of three or four weeks between races but in the second half of the season some races come in quick succession and an injured rider can easily miss several races. Then too the gremlins can go after them as with Danny kent.

Doohan won a title after three DNFs so it is not impossible.
    Yes your right of course its not over to the fat lady sings i guess thats a opera saying .

Who whould thought at the start of the year as mm says . do you get the feeling yamaha wont be 100 % behind Lorenzo

It seems daft but whouldint hey want the tittle . i whould thought you back you riders no matter what.

Its going be exciting esp if goes to the wire like last year, in 80,s 90,s seemed be always one year yam then honda,s turn.

Remember back to worst years only being 12 bike on the grid. got pretty bad. looking alot better with ktm and apprila

Bike
    Bikes
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Here's Number 27 on track, we haven't seen that for a while.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Misano.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	287.5 KB 
ID:	322642  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    S1000RR
    Here's Number 27 on track, we haven't seen that for a while.
    Do you think he'll ever race again in MotoGP?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    The possibility has been mentioned, but there are problems. He'd need to be fully up to speed by having done enough riding. Ducati will have his times from testing so they will know whether he's ready or not.

There are "political" problems as has already been mentioned. The current factory riders might get their noses out of joint if a test rider was beating their lap times. Then again, the factory may decide their 'stars' need a hurry up?

Odds are it won't happen but it'd be really interesting if it did. And it might sell some Ducatis so...

Afterthought: GP16s are in short supply. If it was late enough in the season though, say Phillip Island in October, he could possibly score of a brace of GP17s?

Oh, and it isn't just the number on that bike. There was a photo of an engraved metal plate with "Stoner" on it.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    I heard he was offered Petrucci's bike when he was injured but said no. But I won't be surprised if he races at PI.

There's probably something in Lorenzo's contract that says Stoner isn't allowed on a factory Ducati.

Bike
    Bikes
    The point that's been made, that the 27 plate could be Ducati's best chance of a win in 2016 is very valid. He is already an employee.
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    True, can't see a factory Ducati winning unless they get Stoner on it.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    . But I won't be surprised if he races at PI.
    )
    Not sure Stoners ego would let him want to get beaten at PI.

Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    True, can't see a factory Ducati winning unless they get Stoner on it.
    I reckon Crazy Joe will win one before seasons end. Poss even PI.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/231...sano-test.html

“The next few days are going to be really interesting. I haven't been to World Ducati Week for a long time!” Stoner said. “It's hard to remember what it was like back then, but now I'm looking forward to the whole weekend and seeing so many fans, everyone who turns up, the amount of bikes

Who are you? What have you done with Casey?

Bike
    S1000RR
    http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/231...sano-test.html

“The next few days are going to be really interesting. I haven't been to World Ducati Week for a long time!” Stoner said. “It's hard to remember what it was like back then, but now I'm looking forward to the whole weekend and seeing so many fans, everyone who turns up, the amount of bikes

Who are you? What have you done with Casey?
    What was he like previously?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    What was he like previously?
    WAAAHHHH WAAAAAHHHH WAAAAAAHHHHH THE WIDDDDLEE FWAAAANNNNSSS ALWWWWWAAAYYYY BWOOOTHHEEERRRRIIIINGGGG MEEEEEE. WAAAAAAHHHHH AAAHHHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

IIII JUSSSSSSTTTTT WAAAANNNNNAAAA WACE THE MOOOOTACYCCLLLEEESSSSS WWWAAAAAHHHHHAAHAHAAAA

To which the world all got out their violins

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    There are "political" problems as has already been mentioned. The current factory riders might get their noses out of joint if a test rider was beating their lap times. Then again, the factory may decide their 'stars' need a hurry up?
    If the test rider isn't at least as fast as the racers then how do Ducati know whether their riders are capable of riding any faster than the test rider?

In engineering a tester should test the software/device/machine under all possible circumstances, for a motogp bike this includes the fastest lap times. The bike will be no good if under some lap time the wheels fall off will it?
    Can I scream?

Thread Information