Page 118 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2795

Thread: MotoGP 2016

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    The thought has grown for me over the last few races that MM is truly racing with his heart and his head this season. Less red mist but more points.

No doubt the debacle of last season occupied many hours of discussion over the winter.

If Honda come to the party MM could start a dynasty.
    Been thinking the same. Like the way he handled himself through the Rossi Debacle and the way he has grown up and carrying himself atm.
    Big change for me I didnt like his tactics in MOTO2 abd doubted if he really was messing with Rossi but the kid will race hammer and tongs with which ever bike is close to him.
    He is the best rider out there at present you gotta give credit where its due.
    Rossi has been making some errors that his experience should have taught him better and the kids is racing and thinking like a champion.
    He going to nail this years championship I reckon.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    A nice little article on Moto2 engines... http://www.mcnews.com.au/moto2-engin...behind-scenes/
    Where are they getting the new ones?

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Good point. Perhaps they will go with a 500. I hear Enfield are interested.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by trev View Post
    From Motomatters
    "There is persistent paddock gossip that Stoner is using this test to gauge his competitiveness, with a view to racing as a wildcard at the Austrian Grand Prix. Given Stoner's long association with Red Bull, and the fact that nobody has raced at the Red Bull Ring (except for Valentino Rossi, who raced a 125 there in 1996 and 1997, and Jack Miller, who raced a 125 there in 2011 in the German IDM championship), it gives him the best chance of being competitive."
    Please let it be true.
    Stoner has basically said the track isn't safe so he won't ride there. But I'm looking for cheap flights to Melbourne in October. If he races anywhere this year, that would be my pick.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    http://youtu.be/4oVjn6L-GKY

Onboard of eeeaaahhhnonnneee. Gawd those barriers are close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    Stoner has basically said the track isn't safe so he won't ride there.
    Smart man.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    http://youtu.be/4oVjn6L-GKY
    Onboard of eeeaaahhhnonnneee. Gawd those barriers are close!
    Loved the sound of the doocati,wonderful.

Barriers don't seem bad to me ? But then I'm a dinosaur from 70's street circuits and not doing 200 everywhere.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Smart man.
    Yeah. Julian Ryder had been pushing the story that, for several reasons, Stoner would wildcard the Austrian GP instead of the Australian GP. One reason is thought to be that Stoner might embarrass the factory riders at Phillip Island. I don't know why Ducati were worried about that. Hector Barbera, on a lower tier Ducati, has more points in the championship than either of the factory riders. Or any other Ducati rider for that matter. Whoda thunk it?

All of the facilities at the Austrian track have been renewed, pits etc are all brand new according to Alex Briggs, but the actual track has not changed much at all.

The guys on the MotoPod podcast were discussing Lorenzo's move to Ducati. They feel JL may be more at home at Ducati than people think. He has worked with Gigi DalI'gna (sp?) previously, when JL was riding for Aprilia.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Smart man.
    yeah i say those painted run areas look very short indeed. all that armco reminds me spa in belgium only from old videos

never left nz .

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    (Nevermind, I rewatched the video)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I just dont get it Honda said there goal with moto 3 was getting close to 125 gp 2 smokes . and engines are racing design

then in moto 2 they have them based on cbr 600 rr production engines . i prefer was open to other makes .

but that was voted down last year again . on cost . be far more intresting they did even a class where chould have 2 3 4 cylinder

bikes with diffrent engine sizes.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Loved the sound of the doocati,wonderful.
    They sound even better in the shop.

I had to drag myself out of the shop before I brought one just because of the sound

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    then in moto 2 they have them based on cbr 600 rr production engines . i prefer was open to other makes .
    The idea of Moto2 was to have a standardised engine with frames and suspension open. The hope was that there would be all sorts of weird and wonderful systems introduced. Shame about that, the teams are very conservative and they all want what last year's champion used.

Dorna wanted more power from the engines but Honda didn't want the engines blowing up, so they ignored the request and kept power down to a reliable level.

All of which creates problems because of the lack of chassis development that the class was supposed to foster, and the way the modest power level creates a very big step up to MotoGP.

Still, we get some good racing. People who bemoan the loss of the 250s tend to forget that in the end there was only one factory and they were pretty much picking the champion before the season started by giving their chosen rider special bikes.

So it may not be what we want, but it could be worse.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    I have the new Valentino Rossi game which includes the redbull ring.
    The biggest thing I noticed was there is almost no flat corners, most corners are either up hill or down hill and the riders will spend a lot of time braking on the edge of the tyre.
    If MM93 had taken part in the test I would have put money down that he would blitzed everyone.

Why did they include the redbull ring? Are KTM intitled to a home race?
    Whats the game like feel of the bikes i havent tryed any in many many years but found the tourist thropy game on ps2 which

I still have is good game made by grand tursmo guy

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The idea of Moto2 was to have a standardised engine with frames and suspension open. The hope was that there would be all sorts of weird and wonderful systems introduced. Shame about that, the teams are very conservative and they all want what last year's champion used.

Dorna wanted more power from the engines but Honda didn't want the engines blowing up, so they ignored the request and kept power down to a reliable level.

All of which creates problems because of the lack of chassis development that the class was supposed to foster, and the way the modest power level creates a very big step up to MotoGP.

Still, we get some good racing. People who bemoan the loss of the 250s tend to forget that in the end there was only one factory and they were pretty much picking the champion before the season started by giving their chosen rider special bikes.

So it may not be what we want, but it could be worse.
    Cant remember where i saw it,but there is also talk the moto 3 gives the riders and engineers more valid experience in the adjustability of a proper gp bikes incl gearing etc.Moto 2 things are less fluid,so is not a step up on the way to motogp

Thread Information