Page 10 of 187 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2016

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Harris View Post
    Top 3 are the only real results that count in my mind, as that is on the podium and a fantastic result. So to me an ass kicking is 4th or lower
    Hang on...weren't you saying old Ginga pants went real good all season and the knockers (me) were talking shit? By this logic, he got his ass kicked nearly every single race.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Hang on...weren't you saying old Ginga pants went real good all season and the knockers (me) were talking shit? By this logic, he got his ass kicked nearly every single race.

LOL, He sure did based on my logic but, I never said he was a winner, just a hard charger who is growing. No arguments to be had from me these days ya troll haha I am way to happy finally
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Harris View Post
    He sure could man. The test rider, gets to do a shit load of miles compared to the main riders
    Casey has been more a "celebrity test rider". I had the impression from the Honda reports that he sort of dropped in a couple of times for testing.
    Someone else was doing the big miles.

The previous Ducati test rider was promoted to management and if Michele Pirro who was the most recent test rider has gone to Aprilia as reported, Ducati will have a vacancy for a proper test rider. Stoner could solve a serious problem for Dall'Igna.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Casey has been more a "celebrity test rider". I had the impression from the Honda reports that he sort of dropped in a couple of times for testing.

The previous Ducati test rider was promoted to management and if Michele Pirro who was the most recent test rider has gone to Aprilia as reported, Ducati will have a vacancy for a proper test rider. Stoner could solve a serious problem for Dall'Igna.

Honda wasted that opportunity. But after reading the report re MM being un happy with his feed back, I guess they needed to prioritize who they were going to listen too
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.

Serious question will be, that while, he may go very quick on it in testing, will he develop a bike that only he can succeed on and the other riders can't live with?

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    Serious question will be, that while, he may go very quick on it in testing, will he develop a bike that only he can succeed on and the other riders can't live with?

GIGI is the developer, CS is just the feed back machine to him. So Gigi will listen to all, and decide what to change based on the logic of all the feed back
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Actually that is a serious question 'cause only he alone could ride that other dog of a thing.

Pete, I was thinking that you shouldn't make too many remarks about the (other) ginga not being championship material. Rossi said he wanted to stick around for another four years or so, but he was leading the championship then. Since then his prospects have diminished somewhat and if he doesn't gel with the new tyres or electronics he may elect to retire. Or he may find that retirement has been elected for him.

On current performance Bradders would likely inherit the seat. From that point anything becomes possible.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Various things

On current performance Bradders would likely inherit the seat. From that point anything becomes possible.
    And good luck to him if he does.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.

Rossi said he wanted to stick around for another four years or so, but he was leading the championship then. Since then his prospects have diminished somewhat and if he doesn't gel with the new tyres or electronics he may elect to retire. Or he may find that retirement has been elected for him.
    I'd actually put more money on Rossi as he's one of the few guys who's ridden these things with limited electronic support. he's got the depth of experience in dealing with them when they were more brutal and cooking tyres etc.

Bike
    triumph scrambler
    As I understood it Honda really rated him as a test / development rider , sounds like politics & MM got in the way.
    Ducati would not listen to him, they pretty much shot themselves in the foot.
    The new setup at Ducati is way more savvy.

Will Stoner be competitive ? I would not bet against him , he will have the ability , but will he have the hunger .

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by trustme View Post
    As I understood it Honda really rated him as a test / development rider , sounds like politics & MM got in the way.
    Ducati would not listen to him, they pretty much shot themselves in the foot.
    The new setup at Ducati is way more savvy.

Will Stoner be competitive ? I would not bet against him , he will have the ability , but will he have the hunger .
    Put him on track with MM, DP JL and VR and watch his hunger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    triumph scrambler
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Put him on track with MM, DP JL and VR and watch his hunger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When push comes to shove, when everything is on the line, will he ask himself , ' do I need to be here ? , do I want to be here ? '

We are about to find out. Ability wise I have very little doubt.

The amazing thing about Rossi is that after 20 years he still wants to be there , he still has the hunger.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    I'd actually put more money on Rossi as he's one of the few guys who's ridden these things with limited electronic support. he's got the depth of experience in dealing with them when they were more brutal and cooking tyres etc.

100% agree man
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    triumph scrambler
    Bring on the new season, none of us have any real idea how it will pan out. There are as many opinions as there are arseholes, we all have one.

Bike
    Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by trustme View Post
    There are as many opinions as there are arseholes, we all have one.
    We each have one. A crucial distinction.

Thread Information