No moaning in this podium talk either:

Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    No sign of any moaning in this podium talk as an example:

>
    Best overtake I've ever seen in my life that race. Balls the size of water mellons. Even Jorge shat himself, and he was the one being passed!

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    You mean coming second to Jack don't you?
    Sorry, yes...am aware that he got second...I meant to say finishing on the podium! (SECOND winner, or first loser...depending on your position on the matter).
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    No disrespect but do you think Yamaha's test riders are as fast as Rossi and Lorenzo, or Honda's test riders as fast as Marquez?
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Generally the test riders are not as quick as the GP riders and it isn't uncommon for faults to appear at a race which haven't appeared in testing because the pace is that much quicker. Or the rider is taller, shorter, weighs less or whatever. That's probably partly why the racers get a few chances to test the bikes themselves. Although that testing is strictly limited now in the name of cost savings.

Mike DiMeglio is testing for one of the factories, I seem to remember him clinching a title at Phillip Island and while he may have been able to compete with Lorenzo in the smaller classes I wouldn't see him doing that now. Presumably nobody else does either or he'd be racing not testing.
    Yes yes, sorry guys, meant to pose that more as a genuine question. My thought was that Stoner may not want the stress associated with racing every two weeks, let alone the politics. I imagine testing is less frequent, less stressful, more structured and essentially no politics. So if he's faster then the racers then that would be a really valuable goal, kinda of like the Honda/Audi method I mentioned a few weeks back except here Stoner is a real human, not a simulation. If the simulator/test rider can do it, then you can do it, if you cannot do it, then you are a part that needs replacing.
    Can I scream?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    (SECOND winner, or first loser...depending on your position on the matter).
    Cunt #1 and Cunt #2.

Happy Sunday.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave- View Post
    Yes yes, sorry guys, meant to pose that more as a genuine question. My thought was that Stoner may not want the stress associated with racing every two weeks, let alone the politics. I imagine testing is less frequent, less stressful, more structured and essentially no politics. So if he's faster then the racers then that would be a really valuable goal, kinda of like the Honda/Audi method I mentioned a few weeks back except here Stoner is a real human, not a simulation. If the simulator/test rider can do it, then you can do it, if you cannot do it, then you are a part that needs replacing.
    Possibly, but that could also turn the bike into one that only he can ride fast, which is something that was brought up about the Ducati. Guess it's a big balancing act.

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Details are sketchy, but DP appears to be enjoying some street riding during the break...

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    Details are sketchy, but DP appears to be enjoying some street riding during the break...

<
    I fucking knew it would be that clip before I even clicked lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 5th July 2016 at 10:45. Reason: Embbed video removed from quote...

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Hope not a double post
    ]

The big smile on MM's face finishing second for the last three races reeks of a rider focused on the title. MM is getting wiser and no doubt Honda will increase the bike's competitiveness.
    Watch that space, I reckon.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    i think it plain the honda is already better now than when they started

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    God knows where it is now, but overnight I read that three of the factories (Honda, Yamaha and Ducati?) are heading to Sepang for testing this weekend.
    The track has been resurfaced along with changes to camber and curbing(?). The test is primarily to ascertain how the Michelins handle the new surface.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    God knows where it is now, but overnight I read that three of the factories (Honda, Yamaha and Ducati?) are heading to Sepang for testing this weekend.
    The track has been resurfaced along with changes to camber and curbing(?). The test is primarily to ascertain how the Michelins handle the new surface.
    WSBK raced on the resurfaced track a few weeks ago. It's definitely improved, especially the last corner. Although many would say doubling the amount of negative camber is a horrible idea it actually works really well. There's been changes at just about every corner.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/feature/...at-sepang.html
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Various things

Even one of the best can have off days!

Bayliss getting it all wrong at World Ducati Week...

Thread Information