Page 119 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2795

Thread: MotoGP 2016

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Cant remember where i saw it,but there is also talk the moto 3 gives the riders and engineers more valid experience in the adjustability of a proper gp bikes incl gearing etc.Moto 2 things are less fluid,so is not a step up on the way to motogp
    And the only rider to make the direct step just broke a few records. Snot bad eh?

To be brutally honest I have stopped watching moto2. It was awesome in the early days but has lost its Zing for me, hopefully a new engine package might spark things up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The idea of Moto2 was to have a standardised engine with frames and suspension open. The hope was that there would be all sorts of weird and wonderful systems introduced. Shame about that, the teams are very conservative and they all want what last year's champion used.

Dorna wanted more power from the engines but Honda didn't want the engines blowing up, so they ignored the request and kept power down to a reliable level.

All of which creates problems because of the lack of chassis development that the class was supposed to foster, and the way the modest power level creates a very big step up to MotoGP.

Still, we get some good racing. People who bemoan the loss of the 250s tend to forget that in the end there was only one factory and they were pretty much picking the champion before the season started by giving their chosen rider special bikes.

So it may not be what we want, but it could be worse.
    Cant remember where i saw it,but there is also talk the moto 3 gives the riders and engineers more valid experience in the adjustability of a proper gp bikes incl gearing etc.Moto 2 things are less fluid,so is not a step up on the way to motogp
    Moto2 is becoming quite a problem. The teams love it because they can plan their engine budget (one of the biggest costs) down to the dollar. They know exactly what they're paying before the season starts. Riders are always reluctant to develop something new and will always want the same machinery that's winning. There's zero development going on because everyone is busy tweaking the current stuff to the n'th degree because it's cheaper and they're competitive. The engine is a standard CBR600RR unit with a couple of HRC bits in it and then tuned to be reliable.

If you look at a Moto2 bike they pretty much look like a stripped down, souped up road bike with an extra beefy chassis. Compare them with Moto3 or MotoGP bikes and they look wrong.

The most glaring problem is the 2014 Moto2 champion has stepped up to MotoGP and struggles to finish higher than 21st and he's a lot more representative of Moto2 racers than Marquez was (he's just a freak).
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    People who bemoan the loss of the 250s tend to forget that in the end there was only one factory and they were pretty much picking the champion before the season started by giving their chosen rider special bikes.
    Which champ was that? Simoncelli on the Gilera? Or Barbera and Bautista on the Aprilia's?
    Funny then that the last champion was Aoyama an a non full factory supported Honda.

The real crime apart from killing off pure racebikes is the fact its taken the so-called experts 6 fucking years to realise that theyd end up with an even worse off Kalex cup.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Moto2 is becoming quite a problem. The teams love it because they can plan their engine budget (one of the biggest costs) down to the dollar. They know exactly what they're paying before the season starts. Riders are always reluctant to develop something new and will always want the same machinery that's winning. There's zero development going on because everyone is busy tweaking the current stuff to the n'th degree because it's cheaper and they're competitive. The engine is a standard CBR600RR unit with a couple of HRC bits in it and then tuned to be reliable.

If you look at a Moto2 bike they pretty much look like a stripped down, souped up road bike with an extra beefy chassis. Compare them with Moto3 or MotoGP bikes and they look wrong.

The most glaring problem is the 2014 Moto2 champion has stepped up to MotoGP and struggles to finish higher than 21st and he's a lot more representative of Moto2 racers than Marquez was (he's just a freak).
    moto2 is littered with ex 125 and 250 champs.Terol springs to mind.He is no where.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    The problem with Moto 2 is it doesn't have any connection to the idea of brand loyalty by the fans so what interest is it to us?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    moto2 is littered with ex 125 and 250 champs.Terol springs to mind.He is no where.
    Yes. If you watch a Moto2 race they're riding them like Super Sport 600's rather than GP bikes. They have to be muscled around a lot more than you would a bike that's designed from the ground up to race. So those who learnt to race on 125's just don't have the experience to extract the last 1% from a Moto2 bike and end up nowhere.

However, I suspect Zarco will do rather well on the Tech 3 MotoGP bike next year.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    Which champ was that? Simoncelli on the Gilera? Or Barbera and Bautista on the Aprilia's?
    Funny then that the last champion was Aoyama an a non full factory supported Honda.

The real crime apart from killing off pure racebikes is the fact its taken the so-called experts 6 fucking years to realise that theyd end up with an even worse off Kalex cup.
    Psst - Derbi + Aprillia + Gilera = pretty much the same bike.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Or Jorge on his Aprilia?

Ummm what difference would it make whether it was a Gilera or an Aprilia?

The Honda was obvously an exception and the Italian factory certainly didn't intend them to win. Neither did Honda apparently.

Twice in the last few days I've come across an article describing the preparation of Moto2 engines and the efforts made to see they are as near as possible the same bhp.
    I didn't pay a lot of attention but IIRC they said that the work is contracted to a European company that prepares engines similar to WSS standard. Now I want the article I can't find it.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    A nice little article on Moto2 engines... http://www.mcnews.com.au/moto2-engin...behind-scenes/

Twice in the last few days I've come across an article describing the preparation of Moto2 engines and the efforts made to see they are as near as possible the same bhp.
    I didn't pay a lot of attention but IIRC they said that the work is contracted to a European company that prepares engines similar to WSS standard. Now I want the article I can't find it.
    Maybe this one..?

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Aoyama rode like a champ that year,I was rooting for him.
    Nothing since tho,maybe it was his 15 minutes of fame ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Aoyama rode like a champ that year,I was rooting for him.
    Nothing since tho,maybe it was his 15 minutes of fame ?
    It's the age old problem of the kamikaze...what do you do next if you survive your moment of glory ?

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Psst - Derbi + Aprillia + Gilera = pretty much the same bike.
    Pssst- moto2 = is the same bike...but ssshhhh don't tell anyone they might go back to their pokemons and ricebubbles.

Ummm what difference would it make whether it was a Gilera or an Aprilia?

The Honda was obvously an exception and the Italian factory certainly didn't intend them to win.
    Hey your the one parrotting the 'only one factory involved',conveniently forgetting the class was going to be canned after 2009.
    Im just simply reminding the blind that another factory won the fucken thing...quite easily in fact.

moto2urd should be put out of it's misery...but lets tender another engine manufacturer for 6 more bloody years.

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Pssst- moto2 = is the same bike...but ssshhhh don't tell anyone they might go back to their pokemons and ricebubbles.
    I never said it wasn't.
    It was you trying to prove the marvelous diversity of the 250 class (at least that's what I think you were grumpy about).
    Which at the end was basically 24 Piaggio clones and one Honda.

You can wail all you like about the loss of 250's, but the fact is that no factories were going to go on developing a redundant technology.

Also - if you don't like Moto2, don't fucking watch it.
    Or, you could whinge about it.

Whatever.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Also - if you don't like Moto2, don't fucking watch it.
    I do this. It's great.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Hey your the one parrotting the 'only one factory involved',conveniently forgetting the class was going to be canned after 2009.
    Im just simply reminding the blind that another factory won the fucken thing...quite easily in fact.
    Not at all. The point I was trying to make is that the Italian factory had reputedly for some years been picking winners by giving their annointed ones better machinery. I suspect that it didn't always work out quite how they planned with their own bikes, let alone Honda.

Anyhoo, it's all history now.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information