Page 120 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2795

Thread: MotoGP 2016

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    You can wail all you like about the loss of 250's, but the fact is that no factories were going to go on developing a redundant technology.

Whatever.
    It was only made redundant technology because they (Honda) changed the class to a modified street bike formula.

Bike
    Between bikes
    I quite like Moto2, they back the fuckers into the corners like they've been watching Drift Bible.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    The problem with Moto 2 is it doesn't have any connection to the idea of brand loyalty by the fans so what interest is it to us?
    you got it in one merv thats why that car foumula with countrys inteed of teams was so boring

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    you got it in one merv thats why that car foumula with countrys inteed of teams was so boring
    Conventional wisdom holds that in Superbikes the fans follow a manufacturer. In GPs the fans tend to follow the riders. Most of the comments posted in this thread would seem to support that theory.

For those of us suffering withdrawal from the lack of racing there may be a fix. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/suzuka-event

As of 9.15PM it was showing a view of the four hour race. Since I started this post though that has stopped. All the info on screen is Japanese. During the 8 Hour they may just show a lap timing screen, last year there was a camera but it was really long distance. The view they were showing just now was good.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    77 XL250
    http://cricfree.tv/watch/live/motorc...live-streaming

Quality could be better but at least it is in english
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So Yamaha won two in a row as guests of Honda. Espagero won't be available next year, but maybe they can talk Vinales into riding the eight hour.

Honda will be pissed off. Perhaps they will finally realise that they need to do more than just another different paint job.

Bike
    77 XL250
    I had the feed on for most of the race. The commentary team seemed to be all at sea at times. Mistaking the highlights bit for the live feed. Giving positions from 10 laps ago.

Hard racing for all and Haslam was most impressive. Of interest was the number of competitive riders who were old enough to make Rossi look like a mere youth.

Only two more weeks to go...
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post

Only two more weeks to go...
    Im going to have a snooze......someone wake me up just before FP1 please.
    The Heart is the drum keeping time for everyone....

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    As Pritch pointed out earlier Rossi wants radio comms to the riders. As things are a bit quiet right now here's a couple of articles about it all. Personally, I don't want to see them used. The lack of teams ordering riders to do things is one of the things that makes MotoGP and bike racing much more interesting.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/feature/...in-motogp.html

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125363
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    As Pritch pointed out earlier Rossi wants radio comms to the riders. As things are a bit quiet right now here's a couple of articles about it all. Personally, I don't want to see them used. The lack of teams ordering riders to do things is one of the things that makes MotoGP and bike racing much more interesting.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/feature/...in-motogp.html

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125363
    Make it one way, rider to pits only, keep the decision making to the rider based on the conditions they are experiencing.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Make it one way, rider to pits only, keep the decision making to the rider based on the conditions they are experiencing.
    That wouldn't do anything to help the situation that arose on this occasion, in fact that's exactly what the problem was.

The riders in the lead group were receiving instructions on their pit boards to come in but were ignoring them because they were totally absorbed in the action around them as they could see it. There was no way that the pits could communicate with the riders to tell them that Marquez, who had been down the field, had changed to slicks and as a result was 6 seconds a lap faster.

Afterthought: Was thinking about the communication problem and possible solutions. Those riders aren't stupid, and while the circumstances were unusual, it may be assumed that if a pitboard suddenly says "BOX" at some time in the future they will at least give it serious consideration. Sad experience having taught them that the crew may well know something they don't. No changes are needed, the lesson should have been learned.

I think it was Oxley mentioned this morning that F1 had got to the stage where the settings on the car could be altered from the factory, perhaps thousands of kilometres away. That's pretty trick but it was a step too far even for F1 apparently.
    Last edited by pritch; 5th August 2016 at 10:28. Reason: After thunk

Bike
    S1000RR
    OK I'm ready for some action. Red Bull Ring, first time track? Any anticipations?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It's supposed to favour Ducati so a win to one of their riders is a possibility. Marquez will be there or there about 'cause he's Marquez, but the Yamahas are predicted to struggle. Which Yamaha does better depends on whether Jorge could find his lost mojo during the break. He's done it before.

If the track favours the Ducati that much one of their satellite bikes could even get in the mix.

I'll have a think before making any predictions - not that it'll make any difference.

The GP world is getting ready to move, Alex Briggs was saying he heads off tomorrow IIRC.

Thread Information