Page 69 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2795

Thread: MotoGP 2016

Bike
    R100GSPD
    yes she is a fickle game alright.All we know is that its any one of those three that will win.I cant help thinkin that if things are more normal it will be MM or J lo more often,throw in a few other variables and we will have a suzuki or duc on the podium too,not to mention Pedro.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I dont quite know why but I have a feeling KTM are going to do very well when they hit the scene

KTM
    Prevailing weather conditions however did not favor the development team’s planned tests, cutting their test by a day.
    KTM were confined to working in the pits on the first day because air and asphalt temperatures were too low for effective track testing. The second day however showed its sunny side, even if very cold conditions tended to apply the brakes slightly to the scheduled development work on the KTM RC16.

Mike Leitner (Vice President Onroad): “The team markedly increased the performance and there were no problems. Following both tests at the beginning of the year, everyone came to the circuit even better prepared and they were all very focused on their tasks. A very big compliment to both our test riders who did an excellent job despite suboptimal weather conditions. This meant we also managed to complete a good program on the technical side.”

Sebastian Risse (Technical Director Onroad): “As we have not yet arrived at the sunny side of test conditions, we still have a lot of things on our test program. This means we must listen all the more closely to what our riders demand, and set priorities. We are currently paying very close attention to the electronics and the feeling for the tires. What we need for the fine tuning is now really ideal circuit conditions to be able to find out what will make us more constant, and above all, faster.”

Mika Kallio (Test Rider MotoGP™): “Yesterday aside, we can be satisfied with the progress we achieved today. We adjusted our program again for the second day and tried a few things in terms of ergonomics, as well as more work on the engine and the mapping. Unfortunately, with only a constant ten degrees air temperature it was too cold for good grip, but we have a clear plan for the next test and we know what we have to do to improve.”

Randy de Puniet (Test Rider MotoGP™): “Unfortunately also the conditions today were not those we would have wished for, but despite this we still managed to do a lot of work on the traction control, the engine brake and the chassis. The team has done very good work since the last test and there was a noticeable improvement. We’re improving test for test, I feel very well in the team and I hope they feel the same about me.”

The KTM MotoGP™ Factory Racing Team made use of the final day in the pits at Brno for more preparation before directly heading south next week for the fourth test so far this year.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Lets hope their riders are up to speed when it launches. Part of Suzukis success is they have 2 of the best riders in the paddock on board. Going to be good when they are amongst it indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Lets hope their riders are up to speed when it launches. Part of Suzukis success is they have 2 of the best riders in the paddock on board. Going to be good when they are amongst it indeed.
    KTM have a history of moving in the right direction and I agree, that they may well be reasonably successful in this formidable journey. A factor is that RdP is the right person for the job.
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    My main concern with KTM is that their GP bike has a trellis frame. The trellis frames have so many welds that when Ducati used them no two bikes were identical which gave the riders problems switching between bikes. It's difficult to see how that would be any different for KTM.

Of course they could do what Ducati did and hire an experienced contractor to design an aluminium frame.

Also I think it was Oxley commented, it may just be that with Michelin tyres a trellis frame is the way to go?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    My main concern with KTM is that their GP bike has a trellis frame. The trellis frames have so many welds that when Ducati used them no two bikes were identical which gave the riders problems switching between bikes. It's difficult to see how that would be any different for KTM.
    Yup and they will need to make lots and lots of them as Lowes will no doubt bend a fair few of them biffing them down the track

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/...ain-at-suzuki/

Might just be my lads best shot at winning a champ

Bike
    77 XL250
    Can't see it myself. Yamaha would not want two riders nearing the end of their careers there. They (and most teams I imagine) would want a young potential Alien and an old hand.
    If not Vinales then who to Yamaha? I thing Pol E is out of contention. Rins? Bulega or another Moto3 rider?

I giggled like a schoolgirl at the suggestion of Crutchlow getting the Honda seat.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I giggled like a schoolgirl at the suggestion of Crutchlow getting the Honda seat.
    Yes me too, clearly a British biased article by mcn. That said Crashlots has been the best Honda sat rider for a wee while, but I would bet on Miller or Rabat getting the seat

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    That Vinales / Pedrosa prediction is definitely the hot rumour of the day. It's still just a rumour though, but in reaction to it Supo has said Honda want to retain their current riders.

If Vinales stays at Suzuki, the obvious Yamaha recruit would be whichever Andrea is surplus to requirements at Ducati.
    Should Yamaha decide they want a youngster, Rins is the most popular prediction.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That Vinales / Pedrosa prediction is definitely the hot rumour of the day. It's still just a rumour though.
    I've read two articles. The second just links back to the first as its source. So I'll hold off on speculation for now.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I've read two articles. The second just links back to the first as its source. So I'll hold off on speculation for now.
    This "news" was repeatedly referred to on Twitter this morning so I came here to pass it on and saw the originating article had been posted.

With Rossi and Lorenzo having signed early in the season a lot of the heat had gone out of the silly season speculation. That MCN journo is evidently trying to ramp it up.

Anyhoo, there's a race on this weekend so we can focus on the serious stuff. There is some unhappiness among the GP reporters concerning Le Mans. The organisers charge obscene amounts for an Internet connection, and the connection is crap. The crowd is less than pleasant with a lot of aggressive drunks. IIRC David Emmett has boycotted Le Mans in recent years. Oxley referred to the unlovely fans a day or so ago. Those of you contemplating a trip to a European GP may find this an easy one to cross off your list of candidates.

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    "A report last week in Italian sports paper La Gazzetta dello Sport by top MotoGP reporter Paolo Ianieri has a behind-closed-doors conversation with Yamaha team boss Lin Jarvis pointing the plan C option towards Pedrosa on the 2017 and 2018 Yamaha alongside Rossi who has already signed."

I would love to see Pedrosa on an M1, you would have to think it's his best shot at a championship before he likely retires in 2 years.

Who would go to Honda though? Dovi seems unlikely as he's already had the chance, Iannone possibly but who knows who will stay at Ducati. Crutchlow going to Honda makes me laugh out loud, I can only think of Redding or Rins as the other two that could step up into the role.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Pedrossa at Yamaha would be great. The Honda has been getting increasingly difficult to ride and they've had to throw the new chassis in the bin and go back to the old one a couple of times. Getting the engine wrong at the start of the season completely messes things up while they try and sort the electronics, chassis etc to get around any engine problem.

I'd like to see Zarco on the Yamaha but his name isn't commonly brought up when available seats are mentioned.

Honda will probably go for someone new so Crutchlow will miss out. Not Redding as he's already established he can't get along with the Honda. Rabat is finding the transition to a big bike difficult and unless he starts improving soon he'll end up getting labelled one of those guys that can't ride a 1000. Mind you, Marquez's management team are a bunch of cocks who are likely to try and pressure Honda into signing someone who won't threaten their golden boy. They'll be pissed off if Pedrossa leaves cos he's been the ideal teammate.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Pedrossa at Yamaha would be great. T
    Here is Mr Emmett's take on the situation. Thee and he seem to agree on something.
    https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...r_vi_ales.html

Thread Information