Page 176 of 187 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2795

Thread: MotoGP 2016

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I see the Michelins seemed quite good. At a track where Bridgestone have struggled to get a tire to do more than 10 laps at a time...

To be fair, that debacle happened due to a fresh resurface laid with high-abrasion hot-mix,
    compounded by not yet having enough rubber laid on top/raced into it.

& the fact that testing limitations set by Dorna - meant that poor ol' Bridgie was left to carry the can/& eat the shit.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Ducati world champion? Ya dreamin!

Next year I'm going to look out for:
    • New kids on the block Johann Zarco and Alex Rins. Have good feelings with Suzuki especially with AI on board. Hoping to see lots of Suzuki podium finishes.
    • MV on Yamaha
    • New KTM team
    • Yonny Hernández in Moto2. Wonder how he will perform on a Moto2 bike?
    I reckon the Ducati could have won a fair few races this year with an alien on board. Stoner would have wiped the floor with them given this years package. Power like that with good braking and ok corner speed?

Next year I look to:
    Alex Rins: he adapted to moto2 as fast as MM so maybe he will to GP?
    KTMs
    MV: of course
    Aleix Esparagrass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Hair hare!

Might see a Ducati world champion?
    To my mind, only if they could have lured Stoner out of retirement. Definitely not with their 2017 rider lineup.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    To be fair to the Pommie press, we would be doing the same if a kiwi were winning races

...I call bullshit on that...when have the NZ media ever given a fuck about our riders doing exceptionally well overseas in the Primo classes or on the Island...five eighths of fuck all is how much they give a fuck, unless it was a slow news day...Zarco and Rins etc could not get that close to Rabat in Moto2 for as long as he was on top so giving credence to riders from that class before they have actually been brutalised by a GP bike is a bit silly...Mike Jones did very well though...

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...I call bullshit on that...when have the NZ media ever given a fuck about our riders doing exceptionally well overseas in the Primo classes or on the Island...five eighths of fuck all is how much they give a fuck
    I meant "we" as in us kiwibikers, the NZ media never ever entered my mind

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...I call bullshit on that...when have the NZ media ever given a fuck about our riders doing exceptionally well overseas in the Primo classes or on the Island...five eighths of fuck all is how much they give a fuck, unless it was a slow news day......
    When was the last time an Unzudder actually did well overseas in a primo class?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

MotoGP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Jake Lewis won the EJC a few years ago
    Avalon Biddle won the womens sub championship of that class 2 years running.

Any of our other riders out doing well? (excluding the god Bruce Ansty of course)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure what jason means by "primo" but while the results you mention are encouraging I wouldn't be calling them primo. We'd be looking a long way back to Croz or Slight or...

With nationalism to the fore and so much of racing ruled by big bucks now, it's hard to see a Kiwi kid getting a good ride - short of an absolutely outrageous talent.

It's interesting that Ducati went to Australia for a replacement, whether they were watching, or whether they phoned Bayliss and asked if there was anybody likely?
    Who knows.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries

Any of our other riders out doing well? (excluding the god Bruce Ansty of course)

Avalon won again this year too. She's racing all over Europe as well. She's not getting the support or recognition she deserves.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Nick Cole usually brings home some silverware from the classics event he attends overseas.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I'm not sure what jason means by "primo" but while the results you mention are encouraging I wouldn't be calling them primo.
    In my eyes winning on a category like EJC would almost be more difficult that in any other class of racing in the world. You've got riders all on the same machinery, to win you really have to be the best rider, not the average rider on the best bike. Any racer in the world knows the frustration of getting out stripped by someone who's sunk more coin into their bike/car.

I do see your point though, most average Joes wouldn't even know what the EJC is, which is a shame as it's fucking good racing to watch.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I'm not sure what jason means by "primo" but while the results you mention are encouraging I wouldn't be calling them primo. We'd be looking a long way back to Croz or Slight or...

With nationalism to the fore and so much of racing ruled by big bucks now, it's hard to see a Kiwi kid getting a good ride - short of an absolutely outrageous talent.

It's interesting that Ducati went to Australia for a replacement, whether they were watching, or whether they phoned Bayliss and asked if there was anybody likely?
    Who knows.
    The word 'primo' was used in the post I replied to.

Bike
    Various things
    Simon Crafar on his Dunlop shod YZR. Then they switched to Michelin. Neck minute...

Bike
    less than I used to have
    The word 'primo' was used in the post I replied to.
    ...pri·mo
    (prē′mō)
    a. Exceptionally good of its kind; first-class.
    b. Highly or most valuable.

Italian, from Old Italian ;prīmus:

...edited to suit my whim...and I can assure you now, my whim definitely needs editing...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I was listening to the latest MotoPod podcast while doing the dishes, they reported an interesting paddock rumour. The buzz is that Criutchlow has received the offer of a factory ride. No details available so the guessing games kick off.

Most likely is a step up to full Honda support while staying with LCR as now. His bike is already virtually full factory but he'd get more technical support. He apparently already gets more visits from Honda technicians than is strictly normal.

A more fanciful suggestion is that Pedrosa is unable to continue and will announce his retirement to be replaced by Crutchlow.

Another option is that he's doing the Jonah Lomu thing and announcing a non-existent offer to boost his current offer.

Option A seems most likely? We'll see...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information