Page 108 of 187 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2795

Thread: MotoGP 2016

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    That'll learn me for letting personalities get the better of me. I did toy with the idea of putting a tenner on him knowing he's good in the wet. Think he was paying $500-1. Good on him though. And how many here said MM would bin it in the wet?
    He was 1000-1 at one point they said!

Bike
    R100GSPD
    You a hard bunch you fellas.Lorenzo himself has said he is hopeless uf the grip is low and or unpredictable.Miller has shown he has talent. For those that dislike him get over it.It is not a popularity contest.Half you didn't like the last aussie either

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    So should Rossi have been flagged for not having the red light? It wasn't on from the start of the first race. (They turned it on for the second race.)

Pretty straight forward safety issue. Gve the team given time to tell him to turn it on? or a ride-through to fix it?

Rule 2.4.4.2 (12d)
    d) able to be switched on and off by the rider when seated on the machine.

It got pretty bad at times with the bikes and the spray being thrown up. Riders should be able to see, but not so easy when you expect it to have a dazzling light attached...

Thoughts?
    Doesnt matter now.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    He was 1000-1 at one point they said!
    Yeah. Hopefully someone somewhere made themselves a nice earn from the win!

.Miller has shown he's a total fuckhead
    I know right!!??

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Fucking epic race. Was a shame they red flagged the first as Dani and others were coming on strong. Bizarre how they red flagged it when the riders seemed happy.

So stoked to see Miller perform, totally in control of the bike, he rode with purpose.
    Great to see the emotion from him after the win, top notch, always knew he had it in him.
    You cunts that think he's a cunt, just remember he's a cunt who rode that bike incredibly well and did something that hasn't been done in a wee while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I was shouting at the TV careful Rossi your pushing to hard, just manage the gap.........then 1/2 a lap and Bang down he went
    Followed by a whole lot of expletives mainly containing you've blown it you silly old .........!
    Ah well my son turned and said Dad what did you tell me all those years "To finish first first you must finish"
    Rossi blew it but what a race had all the elements and drama aye
    Moto2 was even exiting great night racing I reckon.

Not a Miller fan, but good on him, last eight laps where damn near perfect!
    Patrucci tried, Redding tried, but Miller bought home the win.
    Lorenzo's getting back the Karma he been giving out.
    MM well he was coming at them before the restart and rode how he needed to ride for the Championship.

Rain aye the great leveler. Bring on the next round
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    You a hard bunch you fellas.Lorenzo himself has said he is hopeless uf the grip is low and or unpredictable.Miller has shown he has talent. For those that dislike him get over it.It is not a popularity contest.Half you didn't like the last aussie either
    I thought Stoner was a class act and freakishly talented who had the balls to quit when he lost his motivation.

Miller crashes and burns as much as Iannone but at the opposite end of the field and for some reason has a fanbase out of touch with his real capabilities. The win in a race where people made bad tactical decisions and fell off left, right, and centre, is an anomaly. The bad sportsmanship at the end of his final Moto3 season was pointless and small-minded. He's about as engaging a sportsman as the Chappell brothers.

Aleix Espargaro put a comparatively less capable motorcycle into places it shouldn't have been. Miller is finishing, when he does, exactly where his customer bike should finish, EXCEPT for a race where professionals lost their rhythm and seemingly turned their brains off. And yet Aleix got the boot.

I think there's a better chance of Iannone learning how to stop crashing than Miller learning how to be fast on a MotoGP bike.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I thought Stoner was a class act and freakishly talented who had the balls to quit when he lost his motivation.

Miller crashes and burns as much as Iannone but at the opposite end of the field and for some reason has a fanbase out of touch with his real capabilities. The win in a race where people made bad tactical decisions and fell off left, right, and centre, is an anomaly. The bad sportsmanship at the end of his final Moto3 season was pointless and small-minded. He's about as engaging a sportsman as the Chappell brothers.

Aleix Espargaro put a comparatively less capable motorcycle into places it shouldn't have been. Miller is finishing, when he does, exactly where his customer bike should finish, EXCEPT for a race where professionals lost their rhythm and seemingly turned their brains off. And yet Aleix got the boot.

I think there's a better chance of Iannone learning how to stop crashing than Miller learning how to be fast on a MotoGP bike.
    So last year was his first on a GP bike, it was the open Honda which no one managed to ride well... Great introduction. He's now on the customer Honda which even the aliens are struggling with with all the best engineers and technicians helping. The same bike which Redding couldn't ride last year.
    This year he fucked up royally in the off season (he's young after all) and smashed his ankle, it is only now getting better and his results are starting to show it. He got tenth in Catalunya, was taken out in Mugello and crashed lots before then.
    Lets just wait and see what the next few races bring before writing him off, we may be only just starting to see now what Miller can do on a GP bike.
    We are all quick to praise Maverick Vinales, but where was he when the rain poured down?

Back with Lorenzo.

I agree on Aleix Espagaro getting dumped though, I hope Suzuki have a big crash budget.

Really enjoyed the podium ceremony, was hilarious when MM jumped on the back of Mr VDS to stop him running away from Miller.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    if Mm crashs i think photo guy will taken his keys out the scotter ;-)
    He gave him a thumbs up and a wave if you look at the reply, as if to say "off ya go"
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Half you didn't like the last aussie either
    Funny enough it seems to be the other half. I just feel it's too early to write Miller off. How flash would we have looked if we had to grow up in front of cameras. In another season or so we should have an idea whether the "project" is working. As has been pointed out the MotoGP bikes he has had have not been easy.

Stoner was a brilliant rider but his strange upbringing left him unprepared for life in the public gaze. He had a simple but effective psychological approach for each race, but was fragile otherwise. Everything except riding pissed him off, and that's his fault. He seems to be enjoying himself now though, he's currently in Italy. If he's there for World Ducati Week he may not enjoy that quite so much. I'd still like to see him do some wildcard rides.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Fucking epic race. Was a shame they red flagged the first as Dani and others were coming on strong. Bizarre how they red flagged it when the riders seemed happy.

So stoked to see Miller perform, totally in control of the bike, he rode with purpose.
    Great to see the emotion from him after the win, top notch, always knew he had it in him.
    You cunts that think he's a cunt, just remember he's a cunt who rode that bike incredibly well and did something that hasn't been done in a wee while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know there precious suzuki vinales hasint won a race in moto gp where was he or any o the duckatis.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Funny enough it seems to be the other half. I just feel it's too early to write Miller off. How flash would we have looked if we had to grow up in front of cameras. In another season or so we should have an idea whether the "project" is working. As has been pointed out the MotoGP bikes he has had have not been easy.

Stoner was a brilliant rider but his strange upbringing left him unprepared for life in the public gaze. He had a simple but effective psychological approach for each race, but was fragile otherwise. Everything except riding pissed him off, and that's his fault. He seems to be enjoying himself now though, he's currently in Italy. If he's there for World Ducati Week he may not enjoy that quite so much. I'd still like to see him do some wildcard rides.
    Yes i cant understand how they havent put him on the bike already only way way going win any races this year.

Also being a professinal Moto gp rider is akin to being ceo of a your brand and the pressure must be huge to suceed.

probley more if you won a title and your expected to 100% at ever practice you can see how aged previous champions

I think mental challenges to improve times by hundreds seconds I dont think many have that abilty to be honest.

I think that more than abilty and confidence is what makes these so called (aliens] world champions

I dont think chould call him fragile and person can do what he has mentally just human nature something going give cant be perfect like a robot.

Bike
    Blog Entries

eek

Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    He gave him a thumbs up and a wave if you look at the reply, as if to say "off ya go"
    yeah i thought he whould of i was only joking why whouldint you it be cool to be part of making history really

its mm to loose know the champiship i think ride by the numbers and bring the title back to Honda

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    PUBLISHED
    14 hours ago
    Crutchlow: “I feel I would have won the race”

Crashalot seems to say this quite often. If only huh ???

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    its mm to loose know the champiship i think ride by the numbers and bring the title back to Honda
    Yeah Marquez has a big lead. So too does Binder, but we aren't quite at the half way point yet so there are more points to come than have been awarded so far. There are still gaps of three or four weeks between races but in the second half of the season some races come in quick succession and an injured rider can easily miss several races. Then too the gremlins can go after them as with Danny kent.

Doohan won a title after three DNFs so it is not impossible.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information