Thread: 1999 yamaha r6 shorty levers, advice wanted

Bike
    1999 r6

1999 yamaha r6 shorty levers, advice wanted

hi guys, im looking at buying some shorty levers for my r6, does anyone have much experience with the cheaper unbranded ones vs the branded ones?
    and where could i get some in auckland?
    'The suns not yellow, its chicken"

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    On line in the area for the copies, cheap bastards.

Can't quite get the link right for the ones I tried a few years back (wine and beer is to blame) ....

Hang on - found them,

http://shop.the2wheels.com/

Now - here is the guts. They were bloody well made, appears to be of a quality material and worked absolutely fine. Arrive bloody quickly too.

To qualify my initial purchase I wanted CRG levers. But was unsure about the shorties so purchased the 'cheap' ones and tried them out to see if shorties were for me (yes).

As above I had no real reason not to keep them - they look identical to a 'name brand' lever that costs significantly more. There is a chance they may even be made in the same factory - who the F really knows in this global production world.

Anyway - I did end up spoiling myself with the CRG levers. They were divine. Worth the extra money? Yes, No, Maybe. The main difference was with the CRG ones each time I hauled on the front brake I never doubted the quality of the alloy used in their production.

Any justified non-prejudiced reason not to feel the same way about the 2Wheels ones? No. Other than a unjustified back of the mind question .....

A Google search for fails provides no evidence that they are not the real deal.

Linky so you can make up your own mind.

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    Try fastbikegear. I got some Titax levers from him and they were dawn fine. Good to deal with too.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Trumpydom!

Bike
    Repsol something or other
    Real world, you probably wont ever notice a difference.
    I've heard a few horror stories about the banjo bolts failing on the cheaper versions, but I dont know how much truth there is to that.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1

They have spares for the levers!!! Will definitely try them next time.

The R1 came with a set of cheap shorty levers. The clutch lever was fine, but the black anodising on the brake had faded to dark brown, and the perch didn't fit quite right - it was pushing on the master cylinder even when fully released. Apparently, this is the main safety problem with the cheap levers - if there is enough pressure on the master cylinder, then the brakes overheat and lock up.

I bought another cheap set off eBay to replace the brake lever, and the new one fitted perfectly and seems fine so far.

Thread Information