Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The flip side of the coin

Bike
    Various things

The flip side of the coin

Ok. We've all read the many *this bike shop/ that bike shop is shit* threads.

Having been around for a bit, I've seen many, and worked in many shops. I've met thousands of GC's, and many not so good. But this week, I've come across a guy that I must say, ranks as the lowest pile of shit I've ever come across in my entire time in the industry. Yep, even in my time in Australia, never did I meet such a slimy, gutless, thieving wanker. And that's saying something.

Here's how it went. Customer calls up, he's in a spot...bike has cut out. Sweet as. We look at it as soon as we can. It has a flat battery, looks like it may not be charging. It's a GSX750F, alt behind the cyl. So tank, fairings off. Check charge rate...not charging. Alt out. Take it over to the auto sparky (only as they have a machine we can run it up on). Pull it apart to check the brushes first. Look ok. Put it back together to spin it up...hello..it's charging. Check it again...yep...doing as it should.

Charge the guys battery, put it back in the bike and test ride. All is good. Charge customer $150.00 from memory. He pays...everyone is happy.

Few days later, poor guy calls up..battery we fitted has shit it's self, needs to be replaced. I told him if it is indeed fucked (can't remember which bike has had what due to numbers going through every single day etc), we'll certainly replace it. Bike is at another shop. No problem. But seeing as we were the fitting agent, we'll not get warranty on it, unless we're the ones that check it. It's a hassle I know for him to get to to us, but he does so.

My boss checks it out, sure enough, the battery is fucked. Yep, perhaps we should've checked his battery out closer...but was holding charge when it left. We inform the customer, it does indeed need a new battery, but no...sorry, we didn't fit one. That side of it is a miscommunication. So a battery is x$'s.

Customer goes off the handle, calls my boss a dishonest person, tells him he's got a reputation for it, wants him to provide a new battery free of charge. Why would we? Despite my boss assuring him, no battery was actually fitted or ever charged to the customer...the customer is demanding a new battery, free of charge. He's told that's not going to happen and whilst we're sorry he's had the inconvenience of having to bring it back...we've done no wrong and won't be putting a free battery in his bike. We're told he'll never come back, and that's the end of it.

Later in the day, I get a call from this guy. He tells me he's asked around, has talked to quite a few people that know me, or of me, and he's told I'm a straight up guy that'll not have a lend of him. I told him he's badly mistaken if he thinks either of my current bosses are liars, full of shit or useless, as they're the most straight up guys you'll ever come across in the bike industry, and know more about motorcycles than anyone else I've ever had the pleasure to work for.

I said I'd have a word to my boss that did the work (the one he'd called a dishonest liar), to see if we could put something together for he guy...to smooth the waters despite having done noting actually wrong. We decide we'll fit battery for free and do trade price of said battery. Customer tells me he's happy and thanks.

Customer then collects bike Sat, whilst it's parked out the front of the shop...on the street, using his spare key.

He then rings my boss...tells him he's collected his bike. Boss tells him, oh, ok. But I have your spare key etc here. Boss is told..."You can keep it!!!", and is hung up on.

Slimy cunt then refuses to respond to calls.

OK. So it's now ok to purposely steal a battery from a bike shop, because for some warped reason, you feel you're entitled to.

So if you're here on this forum, you gutless thieving twat, I'll leave your name out of this story for a day or two, to give you the chance to do the right thing.

Ring up, pay for the battery.

Bike
    1998 CBR 900RR
    Hope he comes clean and pays up. I think you are at Boyles at the moment aren't you? Like you say a bunch of really good people there, they certainly don't deserve that treatment.

Bike
    A
    That's pretty stink Pete, hope you don't wait too long for the scumbag to pay up, before you post his details...

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy900 View Post
    Hope he comes clean and pays up. I think you are at Boyles at the moment aren't you? Like you say a bunch of really good people there, they certainly don't deserve that treatment.
    Yep. 2nd tour of duty there for me. Been in four diff shops in between drinks. Family owned and run business...not big. Hard graft. Only a battery I know. But that's not the point really eh. Was a premeditated act of theft. As low as it gets really. Shat on me too, as I set up the deal for him. I don't take that very well. We obviously have his home address...he's incredibly lucky my bosses are nice people, and wouldn't take matters into their own hands. I've worked in shops where that'd happen though.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    That's pretty stink Pete, hope you don't wait too long for the scumbag to pay up, before you post his details...
    I'm not holding my breath.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post

Having been around for a bit, I've seen many, and worked in many shops. I've met thousands of GC's, and many not so good. But this week, I've come across a guy that I must say, ranks as the lowest pile of shit I've ever come across in my entire time in the industry. Yep, even in my time in Australia, never did I meet such a slimy, gutless, thieving wanker. And that's saying something.
    tl;dr

Luxury!

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    tl;dr

Luxury!
    Bet you've met ya share too.

Bike
    motocompo
    25 years in the vehicle repair industry & very nearly over it.
    Broken arse shitheads with no money always looking for some hapless third party to cover their misfortunes.
    Its usually either the garage, their father, their ex husband, the guy they bought the vehicle off 2 years ago, w.i.n.z or the bloke that gave them a free jumpstart in the supermarket carpark.
    Fuck the loser, he's well beneath you & I.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    25 years in the vehicle repair industry & very nearly over it.
    Broken arse shitheads with no money always looking for some hapless third party to cover their misfortunes.
    Its usually either the garage, their father, their ex husband, the guy they bought the vehicle off 2 years ago, w.i.n.z or the bloke that gave them a free jumpstart in the supermarket carpark.
    Fuck the loser, he's well beneath you & I.
    I've always found certain Poms seem to have this fucked up sense of entitlement...this is one of those.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I've always found certain Poms seem to have this fucked up sense of entitlement...this is one of those.
    Recent UK immigrants seem very paranoid when it comes to garages & vehicle repairers. It seems the industry is chock full of cowboys over there. They all seem to think you are out to assfuck them, once you have proved your integrity they become rock solid.
    Not defending him, as he's a fuckin clown for backdooring you.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Send him an invoice, then when he doesn't pay, send it to a debt collector. That way at least it will end up on his credit record.

I wonder how many times he's pulled the same trick?

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Errrr he has stolen the item make a complaint of theft. As well as pursuing the civil remedies.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    CB1300 black and naked mmmmmmmmmm

Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    Send him an invoice, then when he doesn't pay, send it to a debt collector. That way at least it will end up on his credit record.

I wonder how many times he's pulled the same trick?
    Yup once baycorp or their ilk fry tem credit gets harder and more expensive for them, they exist, throw them to the dogs, let go move on.

Only 8 years of dealing with this so far
    Hey It's Mr Nice Guy

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    It's theft plain and simple. You've got his details, I reckon send the plod round.

Bike
    XB12S
    If John and Mark are still running Boyles they are probably the most honest in the business .

Thread Information