Thread: Ktm 525 sx

Bike
    Ktm 525 sx

Ktm 525 sx

Hi, new to moto x and just generally owning a bike really. Want to know if the Ktm 525 sx is a good bike and how much they are worth. The one I'm looking at had had extensive work done and I think it's an 04 model.

Cheers

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Not sure how much they're worth but they're a great bike. Heaps of power and quite reliable. Make great trail machines as well as motards if you're into that.

Bike
    2007 ktm 300exc
    Good bikes those 525's , very grunty with good suspension .
    As with any four stroke the key to long engine life is regular oil & oil filter changes usually every 10 hrs and use a hi quality synthetic oil. Clean air filter after every days ride also and re-oil .
    Price guide 3=4k .
    Bush bashing ie single trail can make them boil the radiator fluid , a fan kit can fix this problem .

Bike
    Ktm 525 sx
    Ok cheers for the info guys. Seems like the full on no nonsense bike. Are there any other handy mods you would suggest other than the fan kit? I've heard they don't come standard with an electric start?

Bike
    2007 ktm 300exc
    Fit bush/hand guards ie barkbusters. check ur gearing as if ur bush bashing it might need lowering it go for a 54 tooth rear sprocket . A side stand is a must in the bush . Those grab straps are a good add on and a decent bash plate and good tires .

Thread Information