Thread: Southland Honda. Yep another rant

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one

Southland Honda. Yep another rant

Southland Honda.

You blokes are fucking top notch!.

I had the pleasure of attending a trackday at Teretonga today with a mate, run by these boys, and it was by far the most well run, relaxed and well organised trackday I have ever been to.
    We started pretty well on time, and even with an hour long lunch break (during which we were provided with water, juice and a BBQ lunch) I still managed to get 7 20 minute sessions, which is probably the most track time I have ever had at a trackday, period.

The coaches Aaron Slight and Jeremy Holmes we friendly, knowledgeable and helpful in making sure that they spent at least a few minutes on track with everyone. They also made themselves available for more intensive one on one stuff during the day which many of us took full advantage of.

Ive done a few trackdays and have experienced ones ranging from 'fuckin piss poor' to 'pretty good', but these boys set a new standard, and I will definitely be back the next time they host a day.

topping it all off was spectacular weather that couldnt have been any better!.

I highly recommend an event run by these guys in the future to anyone keen on trackdays.

/rant

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    Southland Honda.

You blokes are fucking top notch!.

I had the pleasure of attending a trackday at Teretonga today with a mate, run by these boys, and it was by far the most well run, relaxed and well organised trackday I have ever been to.
    We started pretty well on time, and even with an hour long lunch break (during which we were provided with water, juice and a BBQ lunch) I still managed to get 7 20 minute sessions, which is probably the most track time I have ever had at a trackday, period.

The coaches Aaron Slight and Jeremy Holmes we friendly, knowledgeable and helpful in making sure that they spent at least a few minutes on track with everyone. They also made themselves available for more intensive one on one stuff during the day which many of us took full advantage of.

Ive done a few trackdays and have experienced ones ranging from 'fuckin piss poor' to 'pretty good', but these boys set a new standard, and I will definitely be back the next time they host a day.

I highly recommend an event run by these guys in the future to anyone keen on trackdays.

/rant
    I know Jeremy (in a round about way - from Online Gaming) - He is Chur as.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    Fuck off, it was at Teretonga it was probaby snowing
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Fuck off, it was at Teretonga it was probaby snowing
    You know very well that every time you go down there, the locals say "should have been here last week, the weather was awesome..."
    This experience fits the pattern, by the time of the Burt roadracing, tomorrow, it'll have turned to shit again...I see that northerlies are forcast. I've never been there when there's been a headwind on the straight, usually a howling Southerly up your arse...

And yes, Southland Honda, good guys. Actually most of the shops there are pretty good to out of towners.

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    I managed the Invercargill branch of a Chistchurch engineering firm for two years, and every time one of the bosses came down the weather turned to shit, sometimes as their flight hit the tarmac. I could never convince them that it wasn't always like that.

Once, when the MD came down, the sun was shining 5 minutes before he touched down and came out again 5 minutes after he took off.

I told him to stay the fuck away. Maybe that was the reason he closed the branch down.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    Exercycle
    Having a fascination with the place - for many reasons incl the good friends i have living there - I watch the temperatures on the TV weather...
    About one time in ten in the summer months Invercargill has been warmer than Kaitaia. Probably not bad going, but not enough to want to live there thanks.

Thread Information