Thread: Sena SMH10 dual pack intercom

Bike
    15 Indian Chief Vintage

Sena SMH10 dual pack intercom

Guess there are plenty of threads on these but just bought a set to instal on our helmets (Shoei GT-Air).

Easy to instal taking time to make sure everything fits well. Charged up quickly and ready to go. First impressions are the intercom is superb...works at speed limit (and slightly above) with conversation clear and easy to hear.

Havent bluetoothed to music yet but used the jackplug from iphone to back of unit. Music is not bad, lacks bass but that is to be expected. Volume and clarity not bad at all.

Havent used earplugs yet as the helmet is so much quieter than my old AGV so cant comment on how these may or may not make it better.

I am still not sure about riding to music as it is a bit distracting but am now a fan of the intercom already..so easy to make arrangements between rider and pillion for stops, things to see etc.

Do I recommend these? Most definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead
    Do not walk ahead as I may not follow.
    Do not walk beside me as the path is narrow
    In fact FU*K off and leave me alone

Bike
    2015 Suzuki Wee-Strom
    Sounds like you're having a lot more success than I am with the 20s. Can't get it to work with the tomtom without it clipping the audio to the point the distortion is almost impossible to decipher. Alternatively is so quiet you can't hear it on the open road.

Sure it's user error, but struggling to work out what to change.

Bike
    15 Indian Chief Vintage
    Wish I could offer some sage wisdom but I am not that technically minded that I know how to use a tomtom with the sena...sorry...keep trying.....
    Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead
    Do not walk ahead as I may not follow.
    Do not walk beside me as the path is narrow
    In fact FU*K off and leave me alone

Bike
    Sold
    Have used them for a couple of years and have nothing but praise. Only one problem which was my own fault. I was a bit ham-fisted clipping the main unit onto the backing plate one day and bent one of the connector pins. Broke it whilst straightening it. Have kept the unit as I'm sure that I could do a crude repair but bought a replacement main unit through eBay. Prices vary a bit but got mine for NZ $120 which was ok. I don't bother to unclip them any more and take the whole unit off if it needs removing from the helmet. The later 20 S model is pretty impressive too and pairs just fine with the SMH 10.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Sounds like you're having a lot more success than I am with the 20s. Can't get it to work with the tomtom without it clipping the audio to the point the distortion is almost impossible to decipher. Alternatively is so quiet you can't hear it on the open road.

Sure it's user error, but struggling to work out what to change.
    Does your TomToms Bluetooth profile support vox or similar? If it does. Turn it off.
    I don't have a tomtom but one of my previous attempts at getting GPS via Bluetooth to my interphone had the same effect. I turned off vox and all was peachy.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    XRV750, DL650, KL250, XR200R
    Ive had an SMH10 single unit now for about 3 years. I pair it with my samsung cell phone and works a treat, I can make and recieve phone calls while riding using the voice commands for the phone. Music quality and volume depends on how well it was recorded on to the phone but with the aftermarket screen on my V/Strom which has greatly reduced wind noise, I normally have to turn the volume down a bit. The phones GPS voice commands come through clear for directions. very good battery life, would recommend it to anyone.
    COP, "Ive been waiting to catch you all day"
    BIKER "Sorry officer, I got here as fast as I could"

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Prices vary a bit but got mine for NZ $120 which was ok.
    Heyya, I was wondering where you got yours from for that price?
    Cheers

Bike
    Sold
    Got it from eBay - can't remember the vendor offhand but here's a link to one which is much the same price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sena-SMH10-M...BWMlVc&vxp=mtr

Just to be clear, this is just a replacement module, not including the mic carrier and speakers.

Bike
    Triumph 800 XC 2013
    Cheers all, that's helped me make up my mind, I'll go for the sena smh 10
    Its not how fast you go, its how far you go!!

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Fitted SENA SMH10s to our helmets about 2 years ago in Oz, wife and I use them for talking when we're on the bike together and they're absolutely fantastic. Sound depends on your helmet, some helmets are quieter than others.

Only use ours for rider/pillion communications, but we probably talk more on the bike that at any other time.

Easy to fit with the clamp base plate, easy to take units off the base plate and recharge them, good battery life per charge, choice of stick on mike for full face helmets and extension mike for modular or half face helmets.

Bike
    Buell XB12X Ulysses
    Blog Entries
    Love this unit. Big switches for when I have my winter gloves on and this weekend rode for 12.5 hours with music on all the way. Loud enough to get the blood racing too when the ACDC album came up in the playlists.

Syncs with most of my gear and my brothers too, although his GPS keeps interrupting our chats saying it wants to go t o a place called "Recalculating" wherever the hell that is.

Also with 4 speed dials on board makes it easy to check in with the wife, parents and aformentioned brother while on the road.
    "Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed..."
    - Page 14 of the Buell Owners Manual

Thread Information