Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Approximately half of all motorcycles in NZ are rego exempt or rego expired right now

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    People in Godzone feel ripped off by the Govermment all the time - but they vote according to "I trust him" ... "He will be good for the country" ... It doesn't matter what shit teflon John and his Government get up to - people still trust the prick ..
    I'm not sure that is necessarily the case. I do not know many people who say that. Most of the people I know, and I, vote for the least incompetent mismanager of society and the economy. Compared to Labour and the Greens, National is the preferable option. And yes, I know that is damning with faint praise...

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    I'm not sure that is necessarily the case. I do not know many people who say that. Most of the people I know, and I, vote for the least incompetent mismanager of society and the economy. Compared to Labour and the Greens, National is the preferable option. And yes, I know that is damning with faint praise...

+1. Pick the best of a bad bunch, until someone offers us something better.
    flashg

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly-Ray View Post
    Or they are simply enjoying the overpaid levies.
    It was said at the time of the levy increase that adding the fee to registration was the only way they could meet their budgeted figures. None of the other things suggested in this thread would be considered because they would not meet this magically calculated figure.

I'm not sure they are enjoying the overpayment. Now that only something like half the bikes in the country are currently registered it probably follows that they are missing their budget by about 50%. On previous performance this would suggest they they will want to increase the ACC levy by 100% to make up the shortfall?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2016 Yamaha FZ6R
    Its not like you can ride more than one bike at a time, so why are they charging an ACC levy for a second bike? you're already paying for being at risk of injury on your first "registered" bike, how is having a second bike any different? are you now twice as likely to have an accident and claim ACC? no you're not.. HOWEVER, whats stopping you from letting a friend ride your second bike while you ride your other bike, typical NZ authorities - if its too hard and confusing to sort out just do a blanket charge... just like rates - lets charge someone who lives in the country for "kerbing,drainage and water supply" because its too hard to distinguish

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    And yes, I know that is damning with faint praise...

Damn them all ... damn away ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    For those interested. Here is the policy conditions from State Insurance. Nothing about no Rego. Only Wof Attachment 319276
    Here are Protecta's conditions.

The only caveat with the general policy is there is an exclusion for vehicles 'Being ridden in either an unsafe or unroadworthy condition or is being ridden in a manner likely to cause an accident'.

Note there is an exclusion from roadside assistance that basically says they won't cover you for roadside assistance, if the bike has no wof/reg.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    the thing that bloody anoys me is i never ever claimed on acc in my life 2. why the hell should you pay for more than

One motorbike when you can only ride one at a time ;-)

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Bit of a dredge...

But the problem is solved... all for $260 apparently.

Read this

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Bit of a dredge...
    Cheers, reminded me to renew my 3-month exemption before it was late.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Welly-Ray;1130948185]It's not rocket science to set up a fair system to collect reasonable amount of ACC Levy from motorcyclists.

I wonder how long will it take for government to realise it. Or they are simply enjoying the overpaid levies.[/QUOTE
    Yup. Just the same as ACC will not refund the excess car regos that were overcharged because they got the safety ratings wrong.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/politi...c-rego-blunder
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Did 4 months rego on the Ducati Friday - $180 odd! The lady behind the counter was surprised - apparently cars drop again in July. Not bikes. Ah at least the savings for the cars will fund the bikes rego.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Got a newish Falcooon thats now about $46 for 6mths if renewed on line.Or $86 for 12 mths.

bike stays on hold.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Drioe the car a few weeks ago instead of riding the bike, parked at Takapuna and came back to it to find a $200 ticket for not displaying a rego as required by the regulations. I looked at it, bottom left corner of the screen above the RUC label, what could be wrong? Oh, expired 2015. But I renewed it, I know I did. Checked the file cabinet at home and I had re-registered it. Must have taken the old label out of the holder, put it down, picked it up again and put it back in the holder and thrown the new label away. $4 for a replacement label from VTNZ. Wrote to AT, explained my label confusion and lapse in co-ordination, they replied that they knew the vehicle was registered, don't do it again, and let me off.

Ironic thing was I was attending an AT sponsored Safety for Motorcycle Commuters course at Takapuna.

As to multiple registration fees, the majority of the fee is ACC levies, so how can the one person be levied more than once if they own more than one bike, they don't ride more than one bike at a time. Maybe what is needed is some reduced ACC component on 2nd and more bikes registered to the one person, don't know how you'd cover other riders though.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post

It would make far more sense to apply safety ratings to drivers/riders as most crashes are due to human and not vehicle fault. When I suggested that on here some time back all those with a history of being at fault or a fear of being at fault rubbished the idea though.
    it would bankrupt you

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Previously I would register bikes all year...
    Now I don't. ...
    Number of accidents in last 40 or so years?
    Nil
    This year is the first time ever I took insurance on 2 of my bikes..... don't see myself at risk
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Thread Information