Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Rule change submissions close 1 March 2016 - be in to win.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Shit Rich No one he hated you because you had a FXR
    There where likely many other reasons!
    Well gee, I'm pretty sure I did. Guess I'm pretty confused now. Do we hug?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by BelindaS View Post
    Hi. New here. I'm looking at getting into bucket racing. And I'm very glade I came across this thread.
    I was wondering if someone could explain to me the Competition Bike Rule i.e meaning.
    Engines must be based on non competition engines , so no gp bike , motocross , go kart or other competition engines or gearbox parts
    a good guide would be commuter bikes. FXR150 is not a competition engine
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Well gee, I'm pretty sure I did. Guess I'm pretty confused now. Do we hug?
    Of course you can hug Rich (as long as I don't have to watch)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Ok. Well there I was thinking it never happened. Fuck a duck. It is proper motorsport then. Right, back to the shed to pull the 110 cylinder of the 50.
    I knew it!

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Do you all see how much of a fuck up rules make a sport!! The less rules in a class the better. Soon it'll end up its only ok to have 24mm carb or a 20x30mm oval as long as the radius in no larger than the moon and Richban is allowed infinite capacity to deal with his infinite mass

In all seriousness why all the complicated bollocks. Rules should be capacity based and that should be the end of it. No if buts and maybes from where I sit. It does not matter how hard you regulate a class there will always be some combination that will be of an advantage its just up to people to find that out.

In order to not completely obsolete some of the existing buckets my 11pm at night half pissed idea for buckets would be:

4T - 200cc 2 valve Air cooled Non Competition
    4T - 170cc 4 valve Air cooled Non Competition
    4T - 160cc 4 valve Water cooled Non Competition
    4T - 150cc Competition Engine

2T - 125cc Air Cooled Non Competition
    2T - 105cc Water Cooled Non Competition
    2T - 85cc Competition Engine

A definition of a competition engine is needed but that's past my pay grade to think about.

Again - Less rules means less bullshit!!!!!!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy_Racer View Post
    Do you all see how much of a fuck up rules make a sport!! The less rules in a class the better. Soon it'll end up its only ok to have 24mm carb or a 20x30mm oval as long as the radius in no larger than the moon and Richban is allowed infinite capacity to deal with his infinite mass

In all seriousness why all the complicated bollocks. Rules should be capacity based and that should be the end of it. No if buts and maybes from where I sit. It does not matter how hard you regulate a class there will always be some combination that will be of an advantage its just up to people to find that out.

In order to not completely obsolete some of the existing buckets my 11pm at night half pissed idea for buckets would be:

A definition of a competition engine is needed but that's past my pay grade to think about.

By that set of rules the 100cc two strokes get penalised two fold with the removial of the carb restriction on the 125 aircooled and the four stokes also get a capacity increase why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Less rules means less bullshit!!!!!!
    Love it .... now if only someone would put in a reduced rules submission.

Bike
    1996 Buell S1

weight limit FFS

Quote Originally Posted by goose8 View Post
    Personally I think mx125s are the go with a weight limit bike an rider , would be crazy to watch .
    If a weight limit were ever to be brought in I'd quit immediately, if you larger folk want a class based on weight go race a Harley.
    Race bikes are supposed to be light

PS Weight wise I'm mid 70's and the bike is low 80's and both of us could do with going on a weight loss program.

Bike
    Yo momma
    So it turns out that the protest was about rider conduct. Seams Nick was racing and someone else was on there way to the shops and got lost. They found themselves on a race track and got upset about some passing that was close to them. I think I got that right? But this is all hear say so please don't believe me.

So now thats cleared up. Has the been a protest against an engine?
    Make it PC and give everyone a trophy for showing up and doing their best...

Actually I was curious as to what TZ said about un named others that are devising a self serving rule change. Names and rule proposal please!!!

Bike
    Yo momma
    By that set of rules the 100cc two strokes get penalised two fold with the removial of the carb restriction on the 125 aircooled and the four stokes also get a capacity increase why?
    Maybe 3 fold. An 85cc MX'r right out of the box (and from a previous thread I think Schetchy has one and wants to use it) should dust any standard or mild 100 2T water cooled bike.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by cotswold View Post
    If a weight limit were ever to be brought in I'd quit immediately, if you larger folk want a class based on weight go race a Harley.
    That is not the spirit. Everyone wants a level playing field, set at their level of course ......

Bike
    Fuck a duck. It is proper motorsport then.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    I knew it!
    Me too ....

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET

NO GP ENGINES. I think an air cooled rs125 might go ok. It would mean you could run old air cooled cr 125 engines and the like. Oh and fuck you skinny! Get back in the shed and sort that 320 Honda beast. 110hp should do fine thanks.

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Have we not all learnt from TZ's and Kels 125 Aircoolers that even if you took away the carb restriction the things wont handle more than 30hp at best before thermal melt down. So removing the carb restriction just gets rid of a silly hard to define and police rule around carb size measurement.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Maybe 3 fold. An 85cc MX'r right out of the box (and from a previous thread I think Schetchy has one and wants to use it) should dust any standard or mild 100 2T water cooled bike.
    I had one that I built and raced last year at kaitoke for a couple of rounds. The 85 went well. It was a 02 RM85 motor with nothing more than the squish set up and a 28mm flat slide carb and a run on the dyno to setup ignition and jetting in the ball park. It was in the same chassis as my MB100 bucket so was a good comparison. The 85 was harder to ride and for lap times I was 0.2 seconds faster on the MB100. An 85 out of the box wont dust a medium to good 100cc bucket.

I have now pulled the bike apart and got rid of the motor as it was just an experiment to see what the performance of an 85 is actually like in real life, not from hyped up dyno run sheets on the internet.

NO GP ENGINES. I think an air cooled rs125 might go ok. It would mean you could run old air cooled cr 125 engines and the like. Oh and fuck you skinny! Get back in the shed and sort that 320 Honda beast. 110hp should do fine thanks.
    Put your glasses back on fool, 2T Competition engines are limited to 85cc Air cooled or water cooled!
    I may or may not have already got engmod telling me that it will do 110hp without too much fuss.... I might have to learn to port though!!

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    So also, if one wanted to submit a rule change how does one go about doing so? Does it need to be submitted to a club to represent the change then they forward it onto MNZ?

Thread Information