Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nelson Classic bike museum closing

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by aws View Post
    I'd have thought Hayes bikes would be too valuable to their hardware business to put them anywhere else.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    apparently there is very little money spent from people coming in to view the transport displays in there, it is done as a passion and lets face it its a good place to visit.
    pretty sure hayes will stay the same or get added to as the seem to be adding stuff all the time and the sturgess collection will go in to a pay to view in a seperate location to the trucks, would be awesome to have the bikes and trucks in one place but i think the missus would be bored after the first six hours in a transport museum and i would hate to have to rush through.

i did go to the old truck museum and was there for a good cple o hours and still felt i had rushed and people who have been to the new one as well say it is even better

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Steve View Post
    . Bet a lot of people do that..
    pretty much most that go to view the bikes.

hayes actually have a museum as well, its in oturehua and is where it all started including where the good old hayes chain strainers were invented. worth a visit for anyone heading south (or north as the case may be) for the Brass Monkey

Thread Information