Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baaah-gger

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07

Baaah-gger

Spotted this on the propaganda machine this morning. http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farm...er-sheep-crash

Basically a self employed builder riding his triumph hits a ram, wreaks himself, the bike and probably the sheep and is unable to work. So he goes to the media to have a rant that the sheep owner (unknown) should be responsible for fixing his bike and compensation for his time off work. It's worth noting that he wasn't insured, and sounds like he didn't have income protection either.

I think this guy has had a serious lesson in personal responsibility and you have to a certain type of special to be self employed, and ride and not have financial protection.

-discuss-

Bike
    bandit
    Farmers are legally responsible if their stock cause accidents like this - I hit a few sheep (in the Terrano) and the farmer freely admitted they were his and passed over details of his insurance company ... the builder is right to try to find the other and seek to get his bike repaired ...

But good luck trying to prove who's it was without an ear tag or a picture of the ear marks ...

If the dingbat had insurance then his company would be the one chasing it up ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    moped
    Asher,... Good points you make, I think if he has been riding bikes for 45years and if? say, he hadn't carried bike insurance for a number of those years, (my guess he wouldn't have), think of what he has saved, I think it would be more than the $5k, to fix the bike, so he should stop moaning about the cost, specially seeing he was never insured. He should thank his lucky stars to be alive.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    This seems to be more of a thing of late, people making no provision for if things go wrong, then having a moan in the media when things go wrong.

If you choose to be uninsured, you take the risk of wearing the cost when something bad happens.

On a day ride a while back I encountered a cow, a sheep, a hare and a hawk in the middle of the road, if I'd hit 2 of those I could blame someone else, the other 2 I couldn't, either way without insurance it would get untidy.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by rustys View Post
    Asher,... Good points you make, I think if he has been riding bikes for 45years and if? say, he hadn't carried bike insurance for a number of those years, (my guess he wouldn't have), think of what he has saved, I think it would be more than the $5k, to fix the bike, so he should stop moaning about the cost, specially seeing he was never insured. He should thank his lucky stars to be alive.
    But on the flip side of the coin, if the farmer looked after his sheep and made sure it was locked up and not wandering the road, then the poor Triumph chap wouldn't have hit it...... Goes both ways.
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    a timely reminder given the amount of "surprise" sheep on the Akaroa hill this past summer. They seem well trained to not react to vehicles, but never a good idea to count on the intelligent actions of sheep......

Bike
    Exercycle
    Two general observations...
    1/ When you're first self employed, you take out all kinds of insurance as advised...then when it's renewal time you look at the first years trading figures and cancel.

2/ As stock prices go up, the cockys maintain fences better...

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    But on the flip side of the coin, if the farmer looked after his sheep and made sure it was locked up and not wandering the road, then the poor Triumph chap wouldn't have hit it...... Goes both ways.
    Or if the sheep had a hi-vis on

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Good thing it wasn't a kid...
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Good thing it wasn't a kid...
    You'll get up someone's goat with that one ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    You'll get up someone's goat with that one ..
    Enough talk of getting up goats, you'll get axzle excited.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    The uninsured, eh? Gotta feel sorry for 'em.

It won't be long before someone sets up a Give-a-little page for him...
    Last edited by Virago; 21st April 2016 at 17:14.
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Enough talk of getting up goats, you'll get axzle excited.
    You're not kidding ..

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Farmers are legally responsible if their stock cause accidents like this

But good luck trying to prove who's it was without an ear tag or a picture of the ear marks ...
    Now we just need James to hear a good rant on this subject
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    I actually went to school with the guy. Class clown as I recall but a decent bloke all the same.
    I don't believe he 'had a rant in the media' as suggested. He posted a $500 reward for information and the media contacted him with a "what's the story dude?". Been tripped up myself that way many years ago.
    Grow older but never grow up

Thread Information