Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baaah-gger

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    So he thinks the truck moved over to let him past, maybe he was just dodging a mutton.
    Being a 2 lane sealed road on the plains, I doubt the truckie would hug the verge to let a motorcycle past .
    Probably a good example of assuming and letting your guard down.
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    So he thinks the truck moved over to let him past, maybe he was just dodging a mutton.
    Being a 2 lane sealed road on the plains, I doubt the truckie would hug the verge to let a motorcycle past .
    This is the lower part of the South Island we're talking about. You quite often get waved through by truckies on the open road down here.
    Grow older but never grow up

Up to about 25 years ago he would've had to pay for the sheep he killed. It was some law from the dark ages and grazing the long acre...if you killed farmers stock on the road, you were responsable and had to pay for the loss of stock.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    i travel that road a lot, its a windy narrow back road

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    Up to about 25 years ago he would've had to pay for the sheep he killed. It was some law from the dark ages and grazing the long acre...if you killed farmers stock on the road, you were responsable and had to pay for the loss of stock.
    Yep, I remember that, this country was set up to make things easy for miners and farmers. There are remnants still, eg stock trucks are excluded from the law about dumping rubbish on the road. And the green rain season will be on us again soon enough.

Back when I had my BMW in the 90s I knew a number of well-off BMW riders who did not insure their late model bikes. They rode so as avoid accidents as far as possible, but could afford it should it happen.

My moped wasn't insured for a few years. It was going to cost shit loads if I hit a Mercedes, but I figured that if I hit a Merc it would hurt, so I was going to do my best to avoid that. The Ulysses group policy on the bike then covered the moped along with the bike and the potential problem went away.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    My moped wasn't insured for a few years. It was going to cost shit loads if I hit a Mercedes, but I figured that if I hit a Merc it would hurt, so I was going to do my best to avoid that. The Ulysses group policy on the bike then covered the moped along with the bike and the potential problem went away.
    Can you get "third party, fire and theft" policies?

I used to use them but they seemed to become unavailable some time ago...
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post

Only good for cars. It costs about the same as comprehensive for motorcycles. That's with the fire and theft though, 3rd party on it's own is affordable and ascertainable.

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post

I have third party fire and theft on my three bikes with Vero insurance. They all have turns at being registered. Two enduro bikes one adventure bike. A skid down the road won't hurt them as much as me
    flashg

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Insurance aside, we'd see how good fences could be maintained if cockies were liable for conviction for road accidents caused by stray amininamls.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Only good for cars. It costs about the same as comprehensive for motorcycles. That's with the fire and theft though, 3rd party on it's own is affordable and ascertainable.
    Quote Originally Posted by flashg View Post
    I have third party fire and theft on my three bikes with Vero insurance. They all have turns at being registered. Two enduro bikes one adventure bike. A skid down the road won't hurt them as much as me
    Thank you gents. I guess I just need to make a couple of phone calls, eh?

Pritch's mention of Ulysses scheme is interesting. For those old enough.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Thread Information