Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: You pricks are costing us taxpayers too much money

Bike
    2 stroke power
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Simple. No pointy-ball games currently being played to amuse the moronic masses.

Since you are new here, your sarcasm detection ability has still to leave its vagina.
    The only other option is to A- Grow up or B- Sort your shit out.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    i suspect motorcyclists numbers will dwindle as the old born agains off themselves on their bikes there wont be a influx of young fellers to take their place because the young fellers can buy a cheap turbo subaru to hoon in
    I'm pretty sure you are correct.

where as back in my day we couldnt afford a car and first transport was a road legal trail bike, followed by a string of bigger and faster road bikes until children/work/poverty forced us to stop riding until they bugger off leaving us $$$ to spend on 2 wheels
    Yep, you nailed my last 38 years exactly right.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    i suspect motorcyclists numbers will dwindle as the old born agains off themselves on their bikes there wont be a influx of young fellers to take their place because the young fellers can buy a cheap turbo subaru to hoon in where as back in my day we couldnt afford a car and first transport was a road legal trail bike, followed by a string of bigger and faster road bikes until children/work/poverty forced us to stop riding until they bugger off leaving us $$$ to spend on 2 wheels
    I used to ride my bike to work, or my old Electrician Van that I still had....then sadly I got promoted when the Manager left....had to buy a cage....

.....now I drive a Subaru 2.5 Manual Turbo . 230 HP, if I want the bike experience I turn off the stereo and wind all the windows down , wearing a suit does not

have to be boring.

I do however have the hots for the new Triumph Thruxton, they have heated grips.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Some years back a government tried privatising ACC - failed miserably.

Alternative is you must carry some form of medical insurance that will cover you if you have a self cause accident (I have two insurances - it's a Friday rant thing - work pays for one I'll never use but the arses won't drop that and contribute to the private one I've had for decades).

Or we get to sue the shit of other road users if they are proved to cause the accident.

Side note. Some years back a guy I know purchased a new Harley - last time he had ridden a bike was his XR250 ...... back in 1985 or something.

Still, absolutely entitled to. Same as a 17 year old kid with a licence can drive a Porsche 911.

Government. Don't care too much about the party name, more the performance. I'm glad the current one was and is in charge during the Global Financial Crisis. All Auntie Helen did for me during 9 years is continue to increase my taxes. I hardly feel well off

Bike
    76 HONDA XL125
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Thing is, and I say this as someone on the receiving side of this equation, the higher earners get MORE from the ACC than the lower income. From memory it's capped about 130k, but you get 80% of income on ACC. So for the same $250 per year ACC contribution, people with bigger incomes get more benefit.
    Not really, they just get to be in around about the same place they were before they needed ACC support like anyone else, that was supposed to be part of the no fault bit of ACC, its only recently we have become socially engineered to be used to feeling like one group is taking from another. It was also why (like it or not) a criminal was also covered to a point.

If its capped at 130k then its the same for anyone based on need, if you need more than that then you have to make it up yourself.
    "Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it."
    -Lou Holtz

Bike
    2015 Suzuki Wee-Strom
    Quote Originally Posted by Spearfish View Post
    Not really, they just get to be in around about the same place they were before they needed ACC support like anyone else, that was supposed to be part of the no fault bit of ACC, its only recently we have become socially engineered to be used to feeling like one group is taking from another. It was also why (like it or not) a criminal was also covered to a point.

If its capped at 130k then its the same for anyone based on need, if you need more than that then you have to make it up yourself.
    We may be saying the same, in terms of providing for need, but of course one person only gets $40k if they are unable to work for the year, someone else 130k, both having paid the same 'premium'.

Bike
    Dont have one now
    We may be saying the same, in terms of providing for need, but of course one person only gets $40k if they are unable to work for the year, someone else 130k, both having paid the same 'premium'.
    And what.....?

Bike
    76 HONDA XL125
    Your right.
    Same across the risk groupings in ACC, a bike can carry one or two rich people a people mover can carry 7 what has the cheaper ACC component in the rego?

The best way around it is to get plenty of riding in with a few good long runs and think to yourself while rolling along- the ACC per km is getting cheaper and cheaper
    "Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it."
    -Lou Holtz

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Once us Baby Boomers move on the large capacity bikes that replaced the 50HP British bikes and get all the finances moved into trusts the burden will move onto a different

department of the Govt and ACC will be all sorted
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Not quite the same premium....

The ACC levy for the motorcycle might be the same, the ACC levy based on income of 1.4% up to 120k or thereabouts is not, so if someone has been paying more from their income surely they deserve more compensation for loss of income?

http://www.ird.govt.nz/income-tax-in...aries-acc.html

Which then brings us to the question of how much are these wealthy motorcyclists subsidising everyone else's ACC costs for non motorcycle related claims, if the cost of their motorcycle related claims is being fully funded by the motorcycle levy. Where is the rest of their money being spent?
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    2015 Suzuki Wee-Strom
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Not quite the same premium....

The ACC levy for the motorcycle might be the same, the ACC levy based on income of 1.4% up to 120k or thereabouts is not, so if someone has been paying more from their income surely they deserve more compensation for loss of income?

http://www.ird.govt.nz/income-tax-in...aries-acc.html

Which then brings us to the question of how much are these wealthy motorcyclists subsidising everyone else's ACC costs for non motorcycle related claims, if the cost of their motorcycle related claims is being fully funded by the motorcycle levy. Where is the rest of their money being spent?
    Yup, but loss of income for a motorcycle accident doesn't come from the income based ACC levy, it's entirely from the motor vehicle levy. ACC operates completely separate accounts. There was a link earlier to the ACC page. The income related levy pays for all accident related wage compensation except those caused by a motor vehicle accident.

Pedantic point I know, but seems to have piqued my OCD all the same...

Bike
    2015 GSX1300R Hayabusa
    We all need to stop winging and get a quote for UK third party insurance on a bike half the size we ride. That will be at least triple your ACC cover and not even cover your own single vehicle "honey I fucked up" crash.

Then you have ask if the 2 coffees a week we drop on ACC is worth:
    Full crash medical insurance,
    80% income cover,
    compensation,
    home and vehicle adaptions,
    Two free riding training sessions a year.

So bear all this in mind and whether, for all its faults, is it worth it?

Hell yeah it is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Yup, but loss of income for a motorcycle accident doesn't come from the income based ACC levy, it's entirely from the motor vehicle levy. ACC operates completely separate accounts. There was a link earlier to the ACC page. The income related levy pays for all accident related wage compensation except those caused by a motor vehicle accident.

Pedantic point I know, but seems to have piqued my OCD all the same...
    Why dont you apply your OCD to neels last sentance as well, give ya something to do

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyk5614 View Post
    We all need to stop winging and get a quote for UK third party insurance on a bike half the size we ride. That will be at least triple your ACC cover and not even cover your own single vehicle "honey I fucked up" crash.

80% income cover,
    compensation,

Hell yeah it is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hell yes...some dont seem to appreciate this fact

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyk5614 View Post

80% income cover,
    compensation,

Hell yeah it is....

Thank you for another perspective, we need to remember that the ACC system may not be perfect but it is certainly a hell of a lot better than anything else on offer anywhere else...

Thread Information