Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rego on hold - need transport for a week

Bike
    KTM530EXC

Rego on hold - need transport for a week

Just a quick shout out. My bike rego was put on hold and I can't justify rego-ing it cos there is only one week left before I can rego it again. I have had to come back from my job overseas to look after my son who has been diagnosed with the big C. Cancer. Anyway, if anyone can lend me a bike on the North Shore, Auckland anything - for next week (2nd - 6th May) - it would make things much easier. I could service it for you - and show you how if need be - the following Sat if you like (as long as it is not too modern with computer tech).
    Cheers ...
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Pay your rego......

3 months is how much?

cheaper then anything else.
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    Pay your rego......

3 months is how much?

cheaper then anything else.
    There is one week left. You would pay three months' worth for 1 week? I have to save money ... not waste it.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    if you go in to rego it now and there is only one week left on hold then you will find the rego will start from the end date. go in and ask them to check for you. has worked for me in the past, technically if you ride it before the date it is still on hold but who's gonna check

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Catch a bus!

Bike
    motocompo
    Buy the time you have put full insurance cover on said borrowed bike, which I'm sure you would do, as you obviously wouldn't want to just hand a broken bike back with nothing more than a feeble "sorry" it would be cheaper & far less inconvenient to generous strangers to just sort your own fuckin shit out without making it all everybody else's problem.
    We all have dramas in our lives, it seems jumping on the 'net for a bludge is the way to deal with your problems these days.
    Thank fuck I wasn't raised like that.

Bike
    Big money wasters
    Just ride it for a week and don't park it on the street ,ACC. don't mind waiting a week for Your money. It's $150 and 20 points if a bobby catches You. Don't do any thing silly and You should not get caught. Just don't worry to much about it.

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    russd7 is right, you can register it "now" from the point the hold finishes. Technically it's not registered, but you'll have a label that says otherwise for Traffic wardens etc.
    Ciao Marco

Bike
    A Red German one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rok-the-boat View Post
    There is one week left. You would pay three months' worth for 1 week? I have to save money ... not waste it.
    Go in and ask. I re regoed mine with 2 weeks owing on hold. No issues at all.

"No matter what bike you ride. It's all the same wind in your face"

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    A ha -- I shall go re -rego it today if I can. Sounds good.

Some real negative plonkers on here huh?

Bike
    2002, Kawasaki KDX 200
    You can rego for less than 3 months, you can specify a new expiration date I think.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Buy the time you have put full insurance cover on said borrowed bike, which I'm sure you would do, as you obviously wouldn't want to just hand a broken bike back with nothing more than a feeble "sorry" it would be cheaper & far less inconvenient to generous strangers to just sort your own fuckin shit out without making it all everybody else's problem.
    We all have dramas in our lives, it seems jumping on the 'net for a bludge is the way to deal with your problems these days.
    yep but dude your soudning like bit of a prick really his son has C come on i know where you coming from though.

i been without a car and a motorbike i just make do walked to my mums to do jobs for her when she was sick .walked many miles

to cemetry, after she passed even pushed my vfr 750 4 miles home when ran out of petrol , i never ask for help . i helped many

though . i been helped by kind people few times . with petrol from there lawn mower tins . to give of negitive abusive comments are not

nice or helpfull better to say nothing .

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    They won't rego it until next week. I went and asked them. Makes sense really.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rok-the-boat View Post
    They won't rego it until next week. I went and asked them. Makes sense really.
    all the best dude with everthing i know sometimes just like aghhh to much to do at once . day by day buddy

conentrate on important things i know you got sort little stuff out too . sometimes welcome distraction welcome brain turn of times

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    My Mum used to say if you have nothing nice to say best to say nothing ,.... will get back to my Subaru mowing now
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Thread Information