Thread: Anyone know of Taranaki adventure rides?

Bike
    Dr350

Anyone know of Taranaki adventure rides?

I have ridden most of the gravel roads around the area and the old Whangamomona road which is awesome, but does anyone know of any paper roads or the like that are a bit more than the standard gravel roads around here. I have heard there are many especially in the back blocks but am struggling to find any info on them. Any info would be great, or if anyone here is keen for a ride sometime then gives a yell.

Bike
    1999 BMW R1100GS / 2012 WR 250 R
    Quote Originally Posted by Addo007 View Post
    I have ridden most of the gravel roads around the area and the old Whangamomona road which is awesome, but does anyone know of any paper roads or the like that are a bit more than the standard gravel roads around here. I have heard there are many especially in the back blocks but am struggling to find any info on them. Any info would be great, or if anyone here is keen for a ride sometime then gives a yell.
    Hi mate, you will be pleased to know there are a few of us sneaking around down here.
    Most of the paper roads in this area are through farm land and we do our best not to step on toes. Farmers find that big "PISS OFF YOU AINT WELCOME" signs can be stuck on their padlocked gates no matter what the law says about the "alleged" paper road on there farm. Try getting through Whanga Rd and Aouhtuhi during lambing season and you will find out what I mean. We have found that courtesy and respect gets us into more places than asserting our rights does.

Plenty of trail rides in the Naki during summer or are you more keen on the Adventure scene?

Bike
    Dr350
    Quote Originally Posted by That looks like fun View Post
    Hi mate, you will be pleased to know there are a few of us sneaking around down here.
    Most of the paper roads in this area are through farm land and we do our best not to step on toes. Farmers find that big "PISS OFF YOU AINT WELCOME" signs can be stuck on their padlocked gates no matter what the law says about the "alleged" paper road on there farm. Try getting through Whanga Rd and Aouhtuhi during lambing season and you will find out what I mean. We have found that courtesy and respect gets us into more places than asserting our rights does.

Plenty of trail rides in the Naki during summer or are you more keen on the Adventure scene?
    I'm dead keen on both trail rides and adventure rides, I've just sorted a spare set of rims with knobblys for the drz for trail riding, and I'm down to do the Suzuki D day in National Parks in June.

Where are most the trail rides in the Naki advertised? Went to Ohura today via Ahititi which is a good ride but all I wanted to do was get off the road and go exploring.

Thread Information