Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kawakawa - Orere Point seal "repairs"

Bike
    Dont have one now
    The only thing you should expect is the unexpected on the road

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    Thanks for the heads up. I rode through there in the dark tonight but I had already seen this thread so I knew what to expect and slowed right down before entering the curves.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bike
    TF125
    Just back from a loop through there. The two corners before the summit heading towards Orere Pt are quite royally fucked. It was probably less fucked before they "fixed" it. Twats.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Whats the process to make complaint about roads?
    Go to the AT website and have a look around. I'm sure there's a report issues ability.

Be specific: what, where, why... Be objective and be prepared to back up what you say - they may contact you for further info.

Recently went through a similar process with AT about the state of a footpath where there had been a subsidence leaving a "lip" of concrete which was a tripping issue. Had an email from the engineer whose area it was in for clarification and then another to say it would be attended to.

Bike
    MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Just back from a loop through there. The two corners before the summit heading towards Orere Pt are quite royally fucked. It was probably less fucked before they "fixed" it. Twats.
    It wasnt fucked in any way there nothing wrong with it perhaps small undulations but nothing compared to the clusterfuck those morons left there

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Auckland transport call centre 355 3553
    OR it used to be.
    If it is still like it was a few years back you need to know exactly where GPS location really helpful. They will get you to log onto a Web site and specify the location etc. Will seem like you are passing into the wind. Expect a month before something happens. In my case now the neighbors don't have an accident happening outside their gate every month. Yep tar bleed. Just added some chip seal sorted.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Auckland transport call centre 355 3553
    OR it used to be.
    If it is still like it was a few years back you need to know exactly where GPS location really helpful. They will get you to log onto a Web site and specify the location etc. Will seem like you are passing into the wind. Expect a month before something happens. In my case now the neighbors don't have an accident happening outside their gate every month. Yep tar bleed. Just added some chip seal sorted.
    Thanks I might do that tomorrow.

I went down the offending road and stopped to take a pic of one part of the "repair". There are several this being the worst.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160510_142823.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	898.4 KB 
ID:	321452  

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    that's crap, its a corner FFS
    needs higher strength repair than that

I have seen stronger icing on a Xmas cake

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Thanks I might do that tomorrow.

I went down the offending road and stopped to take a pic of one part of the "repair". There are several this being the worst.
    Yeah, that's the one. There was more gravel on the road when I came through.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Well, you should see the mess now - never seen anything like it. It looks like they patched the places where the chip seal lifted with asphalt. At least the asphalt blobs are visible.

Sent from my SM-G9208 using Tapatalk

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    doesnt surprise me, I remember seeing who did the repair job... you can thank the auckland council for pulling all money out and focusing it on the super center/rail network for the next 20?+ years -- all surrounding roads will degrade to poop (the good news is port waikato roads will stay metal for ages, good riding to be had there)

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    While working for a large international company I learned the magic word - liability.

Once nearly came a cropper in Tauranga, a works crew had painted road markings on the hot seal new paving and sprinkled those reflective beads on to the wet road paint.. Trouble was that the reflective beads that didn't adhere to the paint were like ball bearings, I skidded right into the intersection, lucky I didn't come off.

So I rang the council, talked to the roading engineer, and advised them that now they were aware of the complaint if any injuries occurred to motorcyclists because of the excess reflective beads on the road they would be negligent in correcting the problem and would be liable for damage and injuries (you can sue companies and local body corporations for negligence).

Later that afternoon when coming passed that intersection there was a contractors crew vacuuming up the excess reflective beads.

So, Kawakawa Road. Ring the Auckland City roads dept and advise them of the problem, record the name of the person who you talk to, tell them the road conditions are dangerous for motorcyclists, and advise them that now they have been told about the problem they could be deemed negligent if a bike rider was injured or worse at that point of the road and they and the city would be liable for damages and compensation and possible punitive damages. You could ask whoever you talk to for their email so that you can confirm the advice in writing.

Thread Information