Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Footpeg lowering kits

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    US$114 delivered. You can buy a set of Buell pegs through eBay for about half that but was happy to pay the extra to avoid all the mucking about to alter them.
    They're XB12S pegs, think the 12X pegs would fit too, bit wider.

I've fitted them to a couple of bikes for other people, popular tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    By the nature of them you feet are wider out, I extended my gear shift lever a bit to suit. So leaned your feet are closer again to the road.
    Aye, normally your foot can cover the mount too, with the drop your foot is forced out an inch. Don't matter much on the original Buell, they're very narrow anyway.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Those look very nice Geoff. Are they longer than the OEM pegs? Are they machined or cast?
    Perhaps this is adding to the scraping, in addition to being lower.
    They're about 15 mm longer than OEM and look pressure die cast. If I'd had the balls of my feet on the pegs, the boots wouldn't have touched so it was just a learning curve and I was being a bit lazy. I didn't find any problem with my feet being a tad wider and I can always angle them onto the hanger if absolutely necessary.

If I was doing another trackday, I'd put the old pegs back but I'm sure that the new setup will deliver more advantages than disadvantages on the road. Got a 500 km ride tomorrow to do some mentoring in Auckland so that should be a good test of them.

Thread Information