Thread: Suzuki GSF250p push start only?

Bike
    1993 suzuki gsf250p

Suzuki GSF250p push start only?

my ride is 1993 suzuki gsf250p ,it'has problem since few days .cant start by starter motor.engine is cranking but not start and when i push it quickly start.after heat the engine it can start by starter motor.but i stop the engine and try to start after few minutes it will not start. i cleaned and adjust the carb,wiring,coil,fuel vacuum is ok ,no matter of any thing.i saw fuel off of air box fitting place to no 3 carb. please anyone give me a solution to my problem

Bike
    Street Triple R
    battery??????
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    1993 suzuki gsf250p
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    battery??????
    battery is good,new one.12v 6amp

Bike
    1993 suzuki gsf250p
    please give me the solution

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chamara ng View Post
    my ride is 1993 suzuki gsf250p ,it'has problem since few days .cant start by starter motor.engine is cranking but not start and when i push it quickly start.after heat the engine it can start by starter motor.but i stop the engine and try to start after few minutes it will not start. i cleaned and adjust the carb,wiring,coil,fuel vacuum is ok ,no matter of any thing.i saw fuel off of air box fitting place to no 3 carb. please anyone give me a solution to my problem
    I heard that some 4 cyclinder suzuki 250,s can get valve recessing into the cyclinder head i surpose that lessen comprssion

i assume becuase a weakess in the harding on the valve seats do a google on that . not sure how true . his mate had

a early gsx 250 that was hard to start or was running funny

What is Valve Seat Recession?

Valve Seat Recession (VSR) is the tendency for the valve seat sealing face to shrink upwards into the cylinder head. When this occurs, the valve heads and stems are pulled further and further up into the cylinder head in order to meet the shrunken (recessed) valve seats by the powerful springs which are used to close the valves. You could describe this as a kind of valve sealing self-adjustment.

Eventually, the point is reached where the valve head and stem has moved up so far that the top of the valve stem is touching the cam follower, tappet or whatever for all of the time. There should be a clearance gap here which normally ensures full and correct sealing of the valve. If there is no clearance gap, the valve may be held slightly open by the contact with the cam follower or tappet. If this happens the cylinder involved cannot be truly gas tight and the condition will result in the affected cylinder producing far less than its normal power, or producing no power at all. This is because the affected cylinder will have low (or no) compression due to the leakage at the valve.

What are the causes of VSR?

The short version(s);

There are at least 3 reasons why engine valve heads and stems recess into their seats;

1. Brinelling (flowing or change of shape of the metal that makes the valve heads and seats)

2. Erosion (through friction, resulting from the rotary motion of the valves when closing, caused by the helical valve spring(s)

3. Microwelding (ask your local Metallurgist or research on the 'net

http://www.go-lpg.co.uk/VSR.html

dont freak out maybe be not the case at all

Thread Information