Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reluctant sellers

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory

Reluctant sellers

What is it about people on Trade Me? I email a person selling a low mileage 2014 ZX10R with the intention of starting a dialogue to make a cash offer on the bike. No answer. OK so you don't want to sell the thing. So I email 4 dealers asking for a full payment price on a couple of Ducatis, an F4 and a ZX10R, all new. Two of them never even replied. You'd think they would like to make a sale, wouldn't you? Perhaps that's not what they are in business for.

Cheers

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Had the same thing, wanted to buy a car, no reply to emails, never mind move on.

I have encountered businesses who have someone build their web page for them, which includes at no extra cost the info@ or contact@ email address, the only problem being that emails to that address go to nobody.....

Call them on the phone and talk in english to an actual person seems to still work though.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Call them on the phone and talk in english to an actual person seems to still work though.
    like, omg, ppl stil sp33k th4t??

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    like, omg, ppl stil sp33k th4t??
    Whatcha talking bout Willis?
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    What is it about people on Trade Me? I email a person selling a low mileage 2014 ZX10R with the intention of starting a dialogue to make a cash offer on the bike. No answer. OK so you don't want to sell the thing. So I email 4 dealers asking for a full payment price on a couple of Ducatis, an F4 and a ZX10R, all new. Two of them never even replied. You'd think they would like to make a sale, wouldn't you? Perhaps that's not what they are in business for.

Cheers
    Which dealers didnt reply?

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    I keep asking Botany honda for honda Cubs / CT110s for our charity and they fall on deaf ears sure we're not a mail carrier... we do more useful shit but need bikes that will be riding in the same environment as the postie bikes .. guess its bluewing nz

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post

Cheers
    Broken record. Keep asking until they realise that you're serious.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    I have had plenty of emails ignored from all different scenarios. Last week, i had a serious offer by email for a property I am selling and i responded by email and heard nothing. Days later I sent a follow up and a couple of days later got a response that it all was in his junk inbox. Also, some businesss know that their most serious buyers will phone or come in for a look and so they don,t spend much time checking emails. True story, frustrating as it can be.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Some people/dealers are just fucking clueless.

Made three serious offers on 3 different bikes last week and not one damn reply from any of them........

Sure the offer was a little on the lower side being 5 buck and a bag of chips, but come on now, how rude not to even respond.

Unbelievable.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    Some people/dealers are just fucking clueless.
    I asked at a dealership yesterday about a new model. Guy clearly didnt know it existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Ever noticed some models appear later than what you would expect.
    Sometimes it seems they are held back till the old stock is sold.

and the usual NZ is only a few days of production for some manufacturers

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Follow up with a phone call. Email is not a guaranteed protocol, it's best effort. Equally there are many ways the emails don't get through, from both sender and recipient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Had the same thing, wanted to buy a car, no reply to emails, never mind move on.

I have encountered businesses who have someone build their web page for them, which includes at no extra cost the info@ or contact@ email address, the only problem being that emails to that address go to nobody.....

Always worked for me in the past. If I am selling on TM I work out who are tyre kickers and who are not, after a few questions you have an inkling. Not saying that is the case here and agree with the 'move on' policy when you are serious.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I have received very good responses from the majority of my e-mail queries IF I provided a contact phone number. Without the phone number no one responded.

So I'm reading about a lot of 'serious' inquiries above. I propose that if you were indeed serious you'd either - A. pick up your phone or B. go to the shop if it is local.

If not you are tyre kicking.

To the OP - I see you are CHCH based - under the presumption you are interested in either a Ducati or MV from our local brand dealers I highly recommend you phone or go and see them. I did - both companies provided excellent pre-sales service resulting in a brand new Red bike in my shed 8 or so months back.

Try the personal approach - still works well. I purchased on a handshake and paperwork followed as required.

PLUS - the physical perve often turns up a low km gem or a discounted new ride that suits your needs.

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    For those of you that assume I'm a tyre kicker one of the dealers that replied made a sale. I won't name the companies involved but if you are in business to sell things you should check all potential customers, unless you just don't care. I respond to these people through the little box that Trade Me supplies for communication, you'd think someone would look now and then.

As for local dealers, yes some of them are good, and some well... There are quite a few people around here who say things like "I bought an 'A' brand bike because I didn't want to deal with the 'B' brand agent. There is one particular company around here where their poor salesmen and poor customer focus costs them quite a few sales and hurts the brand name. Also the reason for going NZ wide for a bike is getting a better deal or mostly because some places have stock and others don't. There are no big Ducatis, F4s or ZX10rs in any dealers around here. Sure they can order them, but one of them said "they are not big sellers so we don't keep them in stock". Fair enough, it's not fun or economically sensible having stock that sits there month after month but who can blame someone for buying from a dealer who has made the commitment to having one on the floor.

Cheers

Thread Information