Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: So what's the best super naked currently?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I suspect you are right Drew - enlighten me :-)
    More power is better (even if we can't control what we've got).

Lighter bike is better (even though we don't notice any advantage at all).

Better brakes are...better (even though shitty brakes by comparison will introduce our face to the pavement already).

The list goes on. As for the ever elusive enlightenment? So we can wank about how great our bike is and feel all superior till the next cunt gets something better.

Bike
    A Red German one.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    BMW didn't do to well......
    I am surprised. But for the money does any other bike offer the features. i.e. Cruise control, heated grips and LED indicators. Or will you have to spend extra to get these.

And I regularly stop and look at my BMW and say wow. That was fun...

"No matter what bike you ride. It's all the same wind in your face"

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post

Better brakes are...better (even though shitty brakes by comparison will introduce our face to the pavement already).

The list goes on. As for the ever elusive enlightenment? So we can wank about how great our bike is and feel all superior till the next cunt gets something better.
    What cunt? He's lying, it's a piece of shit!
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post

Let me help you.

Of course more power is better. Makes for safer overtaking.

Lighter is better, means i can carry more crap on the bike and still keep up.

Brakes, ABS will be more saferer than the average rider.

My bike is better than yours......
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I enjoyed that.

I've never been bothered with the next new thing. Possibly a lack of budget thing, would this change if I had the coin? Can't answer but would like the opportunity to find out!

Possibly more due to self awareness that no doubt how fancy my ride is my inbuilt desire to keep it on the road keeps the stupid down to a manageable level and I'll be passed by a 'keener' rider on a older model.

The good think about limited bike budget is you tend to purchase fairly rarely - last before the Ducati last year was my Hornet 900 back in 2007 - a 8 year gap means there tends to be very noticeable improvements in the bikes running gear. You get at least two or three years thinking you have the greatest friggen bike in the world before thinking of fettling suspenders etc .... Farkles and goodies is another story - that starts within a week :-)

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I was very surprised by the brake test. People in tests say the MT10 has weak brakes.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I was very surprised by the brake test. People in tests say the MT10 has weak brakes.
    You know what I have found with this - it's generally a seat of the pants comment about lever feel. Has little bearing on cold hard testing.

A bit like adding a can to a modern sport bike with no ECU alteration - you'll be told it is heaps quicker, but really it's louder and you feel quicker. Plus you paid a lot for it so it must be noticeably faster :-)

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Farkles and goodies is another story - that starts within a week :-)
    And doesn't stop
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    You know what I have found with this - it's generally a seat of the pants comment about lever feel. Has little bearing on cold hard testing.

A bit like adding a can to a modern sport bike with no ECU alteration - you'll be told it is heaps quicker, but really it's louder and you feel quicker. Plus you paid a lot for it so it must be noticeably faster :-)
    Yup, my thoughts on the brake "feel" is that the Yam does not give you the impression of going over the bars with the first 5mm of travel at the lever.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Yup, my thoughts on the brake "feel" is that the Yam does not give you the impression of going over the bars with the first 5mm of travel at the lever.
    Which is the reason I didn't buy a Ducati Hypermotard a few years ago, any serious retardation and you'd be wearing the top triple clamp on your crotch. Lovely bike, but that bit was ridiculous.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    ......any serious retardation and you'd be wearing the top triple clamp on your crotch.
    I actually did that early in my riding career. I was riding a Triumph 350cc twin which has a rather prominent steering damper knob sticking vertically out of the top yoke. A car turned in front of me without indicating, I was too close and the resultant impact saw me going over the bars with my manhood snagging the steering damper on the way out. With the size of the purple plums in my trousers, I walked like John Wayne for a week The memory hasn't dimmed over 5 decades!

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I actually did that early in my riding career. I was riding a Triumph 350cc twin which has a rather prominent steering damper knob sticking vertically out of the top yoke. A car turned in front of me without indicating, I was too close and the resultant impact saw me going over the bars with my manhood snagging the steering damper on the way out. With the size of the purple plums in my trousers, I walked like John Wayne for a week The memory hasn't dimmed over 5 decades!
    LOL, I've snagged the boys a couple of times going over the bars in my yoof. I had a trailie with a very prominent fuel cap on a steep tank which occasionally refused at a ditch. I have a lovely purple crease on my baw bag which I used to display after drinking tequila, at the time of affliction it was a blood blister the size of a blind cobblers thumb.

Ahhh, happy days.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    So looked at the MT-10 today. A little underwhelmed. Looked a bit like a 900 Hornet with an odd headlight.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    So looked at the MT-10 today. A little underwhelmed. Looked a bit like a 900 Hornet with an odd headlight.
    F-O the Hornet is a good looking bike! Actually the Hornet look ace with a MT01 headlight. There ya go.

Get the KTM1290 - one of them and a new GT parked up at Little River this arvo. Nice. Nice Mivv pipe on the 1290 too ...... rowdy bugger

I still think they are a bloody horny looking ride.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    LOL, I've snagged the boys a couple of times going over the bars in my yoof. I had a trailie with a very prominent fuel cap on a steep tank which occasionally refused at a ditch. I have a lovely purple crease on my baw bag which I used to display after drinking tequila, at the time of affliction it was a blood blister the size of a blind cobblers thumb.

Ahhh, happy days.
    Early 70's Yamaha DT's had particularly unfriendly fuel caps, with the rear facing keyway.

A lot of steel dirt bike tanks used to have amusing dents on top, aft of amidships, surprisingly a lot of riders didn't recall making them...

Thread Information