Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HOG Central Districts chapter membership?

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob

HOG Central Districts chapter membership?

Sorry if its already got a thread, I tried the search function without luck.

Having recently (nearly 3 months ago), acquiring a Harley Davidson I am interested in possibly joining a riders group for occasional rides/ social functions etc, Based in Wanganui I know of the Triumph owners club and the Ulyssis motorcycle club, with no real knowledge of either group and with being away from motorcycles for many (32) years I am looking for a gentle introduction back into motorcycles.

I will have my W650 sidecar hopefully finished by the time summer arrives, but being Kawasaki means my group ride options with that are probably limited.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    why would your group ride options be limited with the kwaka, we have a couple of sidechairs go on a lot of our group rides down here.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    why would your group ride options be limited with the kwaka, we have a couple of sidechairs go on a lot of our group rides down here.

My understanding is our local groups are mainly British, European or American motorcycle orientated, except for the ulyssis group, but I may have this wrong.

I looked at our local Triumph riders website and my interpretation is that they allow non Triumph owners, but only if they ride/own the previously mentioned bikes and have to be nominated by a current member for consideration as an associate member.

My W650 looks and rides like a T120, well apart from being very reliable, completely oil tight and having decent Electrics. sadly its the bike the British should have made.

Bike
    Between Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    My understanding is our local groups are mainly British, European or American motorcycle orientated, except for the ulyssis group, but I may have this wrong.

I looked at our local Triumph riders website and my interpretation is that they allow non Triumph owners, but only if they ride/own the previously mentioned bikes and have to be nominated by a current member for consideration as an associate member.

My W650 looks and rides like a T120, well apart from being very reliable, completely oil tight and having decent Electrics. sadly its the bike the British should have made.
    Sounds like biker snobbery and aloofness.....yeah know what you mean there........know quite a few of them

A decent riding group will not bother about your make / model / colour of ride.

Find some good people who enjoy the ride and your company, oh and make sure they leave their smartphones behind

Bike
    '03 FXD
    Quote Originally Posted by FatMax View Post
    Sounds like biker snobbery and aloofness.....yeah know what you mean there........know quite a few of them

Find some good people who enjoy the ride and your company, oh and make sure they leave their smartphones behind
    Leave their phones behind?How the hell do they call for tow trucks after they breakdown?
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FatMax View Post

yup, what he said.

personally can't be fucked with biker snobbery, we ride motorcycles and if people don't like us because of what we ride then they have issues and better like sex and travel and just fuck off.

besides, if there are no brit bikes then how can we use the oil jokes and if there are no harley's how can we use the tractor jokes

Bike
    '03 FXD
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    yup, what he said.

personally can't be fucked with biker snobbery, we ride motorcycles and if people don't like us because of what we ride then they have issues and better like sex and travel and just fuck off.

besides, if there are no brit bikes then how can we use the oil jokes and if there are no harley's how can we use the tractor jokes
    And if there is no wings how can we use the mobile sofa jokes?
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by MIXONE View Post
    And if there is no wings how can we use the mobile sofa jokes?
    eggs fucken zachery, people are just way to fucken precious these days and there seem to be an awful lot of princesses on two wheels these days

Bike
    Between Rides
    Yep, certainly is.

Even that Motorcycle Action Group crowd are full of snobby bastrads, not a good look for a group that represents ALL motorcyclists, but dont get me started on those cnuts.

So like I said, find a group of good people and go spins. Clubs with rules and commitees are generally old mates clubs.

Oh and kep away from the coffee drinking, hug loving twatty twats that love to update their status's rather than talk to each other.

Good folk are out there

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Hey Slider, there is apparently a group of US-machinery drivers and riders that meets out at the Upok pub from time to time - when off work this weekend I'm gonna take a ride out there and see what I can find out.

As I have an '02 FXDXT and an '04 Vrod, you and I could always start our own riding group haha

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Love those W650s and was saddened to see recently that Kawasaki are stopping making the 800 version. Some of the Ulysses branches may be more active than others but there are always rallies around the country. http://www.ulysses.org.nz/

The Triumph and Harley groups are exclusive as is apparently the Suzuki club. The Honda Riders Club didn't worry too much what you rode but it no longer exists. Bluewing withdrew their support. Pity, it was really worthwhile.

There may be a classic bike club in your area and they shouldn't be offended by a W650. I think the local group has the motto, "Run what you brung."

There is another local club hereabout "The Old Cocks" that uses the car park on top of Mt Messenger as a clubrooms, no subs, no rules, "no attitude".

One of the local dealers runs "Pie and Pint" rides during daylight saving.

Ask around the local dealers they should know who is around in your area.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    Hey Slider, there is apparently a group of US-machinery drivers and riders that meets out at the Upok pub from time to time - when off work this weekend I'm gonna take a ride out there and see what I can find out.

As I have an '02 FXDXT and an '04 Vrod, you and I could always start our own riding group haha

That sounds promising, I would be keen to tag along on some of your rides, I would slow you down, but hopefully not too badly as I try to learn how to improve my riding ability and confidence.

Thanks Pritch and FatMax, I will look into the classic bike club, sounds like it could be a fun outfit to tag along with when riding the sidecar.

Bike
    2011, Can-am Spyder RS
    Blog Entries
    That whole marque rubbish really gets on my wick at times. Went down my local with my wife and daughter the night before the Brass Monkey and some random idiot started having a real go at me about riding a Spyder (or "gay bike" as he kept calling it) and not having a Triumph. There we were trying to have a family meal out and he kept coming over and being a dick.

In the end I worked out he'd spotted the Triumph badge on my leather and so thought I shouldn't be wearing it if I didn't have one. So made it clear that I had had one so was 'entitled' to wear the badge (a somewhat chopped about 350 side value if anyone here cares). I also have badges for the other makes I've owned but it seemed to be the Triumph one that obsessed him.

Needless to say when I asked if he was going to the Brass Monkey and he wasn't and when I asked what bike he had he went off without answering - which I guess meant he didn't.

Bike
    2009 KTM990
    Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    That whole marque rubbish really gets on my wick at times. Went down my local with my wife and daughter the night before the Brass Monkey and some random idiot started having a real go at me about riding a Spyder (or "gay bike" as he kept calling it) and not having a Triumph. There we were trying to have a family meal out and he kept coming over and being a dick.

In the end I worked out he'd spotted the Triumph badge on my leather and so thought I shouldn't be wearing it if I didn't have one. So made it clear that I had had one so was 'entitled' to wear the badge (a somewhat chopped about 350 side value if anyone here cares). I also have badges for the other makes I've owned but it seemed to be the Triumph one that obsessed him.

Needless to say when I asked if he was going to the Brass Monkey and he wasn't and when I asked what bike he had he went off without answering - which I guess meant he didn't.
    Yep time and place for bike brand banter but some blokes just wade in way to far...Well handled .

Or though faster I understand its somewhat frowned at to tell some Knob end to fuck off in front of the Family while having a nice dinner out.
    So I was told the second time I did it anyway

Bike
    all for pisstake but its gotta be two ways and if people take it seriously then they don't fit so might as well just bugger off. life is to damned short for princesses on motorbikes.

Thread Information