Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three options, one decision

Bike
    None yet

Three options, one decision

Keeping it simple , which one you vote for as an all rounder , yet fun bike to own for few years ?

- MV Brutale 1090 2016
    - Triumph Speed Triple S 2016
    - BMW S1000 R 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Moved your thread to Sport/Road Bikes.

I'd avoid the MV if I wanted reliability. I've ridden earlier versions of the Triumph, loved the engine, but didn't like other things.

I'd pick the BMW, but then I own one (not the S).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    None yet

Three options , one decision

Thanks

I heard the F4 variants ( including Brutale 1090) of MV have better build and less issues than all new triples .

With BMW I have to go second hand , as it's pricey .

Same for the new speed triple I have to wait till it's cheaper and second hand is available .

But don't mind it, if either are more reliable one . Riding position of all are similar for me.
    Just don't have full experience owning either to see what one is worth it more than other two

Bike
    A streetbike named Desire
    Blog Entries
    S1000R

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Beemer......

Bike
    None yet
    Anyone with S1000R thinking to sell ?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Interesting. I was between the MV1090 Brutale and the Ducati Streetfighter 9 months back. I own the Ducati.

Visually the MV is the pick of your three hands down. It is covered in little highlights of machining and goodness and has avoided any silly transformerism. Reliability - appeared fine when I was doing my research. You should be able to pick one up discounted at this time of year.

Out of the three it is also the oldest which may not be a bad thing as it is sorted, however will not have the refinement of the other two. Being Italian you can pass any short comings off as 'character' and people will just nod. Bawahahahah. True though it's bollocks. Pretty sure MV is having yet another round of financial problems.

I have not tried the BMW.

Triumph is well sorted - still porky IMO but like many fuller figured gal rides very well. Keep an eye out for discounted 2015 models - they wil not disappoint and if you can pick one up thousands under the new model well worth a look.

Are you not blessed to have such a choice?

Buy a Monster 1200. http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1089697107.htm R models are dearer.

Bike
    None yet
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Interesting. I was between the MV1090 Brutale and the Ducati Streetfighter 9 months back. I own the Ducati.

Visually the MV is the pick of your three hands down. It is covered in little highlights of machining and goodness and has avoided any silly transformerism. Reliability - appeared fine when I was doing my research. You should be able to pick one up discounted at this time of year.

Out of the three it is also the oldest which may not be a bad thing as it is sorted, however will not have the refinement of the other two. Being Italian you can pass any short comings off as 'character' and people will just nod. Bawahahahah. True though it's bollocks. Pretty sure MV is having yet another round of financial problems.

I have not tried the BMW.

Triumph is well sorted - still porky IMO but like many fuller figured gal rides very well. Keep an eye out for discounted 2015 models - they wil not disappoint and if you can pick one up thousands under the new model well worth a look.

Are you not blessed to have such a choice?

Buy a Monster 1200. http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1089697107.htm R models are dearer.

Thanks Allan for your input . I love how the MV looks like and the sound it makes , biggest concern would be possible issues which is okay but the delay in parts would be a hassle , but the price have dropped for stuck clearance .

In terms of Speed triple , I do like the new model which looks better ( in my opinion ) and has many refinements . Would it make it better choice over MV?

BMW looks odd to me, I wish both headlights were same as high beam, some say it gives it a distinguish look , which is true . But it is featured packed . New is expensive which I can't afford .

That's why I was asking if anyone in Wellington has one for sale.

I'm not fan of Ducatis , only thing does it for me is IL4 or triple . Although I tried monster 1200 and the ergonomics was no good , my knees where between the tank and the frame , was uncomfortable.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by bennz View Post
    BMW looks odd to me, I wish both headlights were same as high beam, some say it gives it a distinguish look , which is true . But it is featured packed . New is expensive which I can't afford .
    Never ridden MV but read lots about them. Heard many good things but I'm not quite convinced about reliability.

Newer S1000R are more "perfected" design through 2-3 years of S1000RR experiments. After releasing the RRs for a few years, BMW engineers have gone back and fixed all the faults, tweaked fueling, corrected quick shifter faults, double checked quality inspections and simply made every bit better for the road. Hence the birth of R. That's how I understand anyways.

Odd? Eh hem! It's asymmetrical Well let's just put it you get two bikes for the price of one.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX S1000
    I was considering the BMW last year, I read a couple of S1000R forums and decided against it. There seemed to be 2 or 3 common issues, disappearing coolant was one, I can't recall the others.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Ask AWS about the MV, think he gave up and gave it back. Now on a Tuono.

BMWs, there are a few used ones on tm. Maybe too much for the road?

Finish on the Speedy is stunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    A
    Strange list of bikes if you can't afford them yet...

What have you owned so far?

Bike
    None yet
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Ask AWS about the MV, think he gave up and gave it back. Now on a Tuono.

BMWs, there are a few used ones on tm. Maybe too much for the road?

Finish on the Speedy is stunning.
    Do you know what MV he had?

Bike
    None yet

Three options , one decision

Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Strange list of bikes if you can't afford them yet...

What have you owned so far?
    I can afford MV and second hand BMW, don't mind to wait for price of speed drops or second hand comes along at cheaper price

Did own street triple , R6 , MC22( super fun) and ridden gsx-s1000 of a friend for a while .looking for a bike which is mixture of sports and tourer which supernakes match to certain extend . I like the look and characteristics of MV , haven't ridden new Triple yet and going to try BMW soon .

Bike
    None yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmatt View Post
    I was considering the BMW last year, I read a couple of S1000R forums and decided against it. There seemed to be 2 or 3 common issues, disappearing coolant was one, I can't recall the others.
    I don't thing there is a perfect bike , but I will research it more , what did you get instead ?

Thread Information